Biden v. Palin: St. Louis Ribbing?

Discussion in 'Politics' started by Tiassa, Oct 2, 2008.

?

So who won? (Wait 'til [i]after[/i] the debate to vote, please.)

Poll closed Nov 2, 2008.
  1. Biden

21 vote(s)
    51.2%
  2. Palin

10 vote(s)
    24.4%
  3. Neither

8 vote(s)
    19.5%
  4. Other (?!)

2 vote(s)
    4.9%
  1. Asguard Kiss my dark side Valued Senior Member

bells, knock it off or i will start deleting your posts. You know as well as i do what the forum rules say about quoting an entire post just to follow up with a one liner or one word

2. Google AdSense Guest Advertisement

to hide all adverts.
  3. NGM Registered Member

Wow, did I earn your hate?

Are you going to follow me around and make smartass comments after every post I make?

That'll get boring.

4. Google AdSense Guest Advertisement

to hide all adverts.
  5. pjdude1219 The biscuit has risen Valued Senior Member

That is more something your kind does.

6. Google AdSense Guest Advertisement

to hide all adverts.
  7. ElectricFetus Sanity going, going, gone Valued Senior Member

I don't think that hate, that more like laughing at you.

8. Bells Staff Member

Is there? I know the rules state that it is polite to state who you are replying to. The quote function is seen as a useful tool in that regard.

Otherwise no one knows who or what I was making the comment to, which would kind of defeat the purpose of said comment.

But delete away if you so desire.

Earn my hate? Heh!!..

No.. More like amusement.

I was merely pointing out the irony of your whining about being annoyed at people's whining. And I am not following you around. I have been participating in this thread since it began, before you even posted in it. Ergo, I could turn it around and say that you are following me around. After all, it was not I who was using all tools at hand to gain your attention.

A tad creepy, don't you think?

So before you accuse me of following you around, remind yourself of your previous posts and comments, lest your accusations and fantasies come back and bite you on your buttocks.

But if you really want my undivided attention, you can always tar and feather yourself and then post links to video footage of you running down the highway in that state.

Please Register or Log in to view the hidden image!

9. NGM Registered Member

Now you are just being boring.

10. Tiassa Let us not launch the boat ... Valued Senior Member

Let it be, shine on, and gather no moss, or something like that

In truth, sir, you've done a few things to raise people's hackles. That isn't a big deal, since a lot of that goes on around here. But for all your attitude of superiority, you've managed to include yourself in a certain crowd that tends to earn people's attention in a manner you won't necessarily find complimenting.

We have in our community a number of members of somewhat similar political outlook who seem to prefer to post self-gratifying arguments that are more about pride than substance.

Then again, I'm pretty sure I've seen a couple of your posts that actually have some real substance to them: supportable theses, reasonably coherent arguments, &c.

You'll find the response considerably different if you stick with that approach instead of the one that has dominated your performance through this particular discussion. Sure, you'll find people still disagree, and even viciously as is the way around here most days. But when you ask someone to breakdown a fairly simple sentence fragment, as you did, some of the people you've managed to annoy are going to take a moment to have some fun with it. (You've a post somewhere around here that blames other people for the attitude of your presentation; there's something similar going on.)

To the other, this all might actually be an improvement over what used to be, when people would cuss me out for using too many words that had more than two syllables. Seriously, that's not a joke. People actually used to get really pissed off about polysyllabic words.

These days, if you're really lucky, someone will tell you that they didn't bother reading your post. And then they'll tell you exactly what they think is wrong with it. It's always worth a chortle when that happens.

11. spidergoat pubic diorama Valued Senior Member

Obama is leading in Virginia by 12 points. This is what Republicans are going to look like after November: :bawl:

12. Roman Banned Banned

Dear Asguard,
    Please don't choke on that stick in your ass. Any more brain damage, and I don't think we'll ever be able to understand what you're typing.

Sincerely,
    Roman

13. NGM Registered Member

Obviously the crew here hasn't ever had a real argument with anyone.

I give them a relatively small one and look at all the hate spewing.

Feelings all hurt, righteous anger, rants about how mean I am...

Give me a fucking break.

It's really not that fun here. I'll watch for awhile and see if ANYTHING picks up.

If not, there are many, many other forums.

I have the feeling this place is mostly kids anyway.

Roast away kiddies.

14. Bells Staff Member

Ha!

You obviously have not been here long.

Hate spewing? Where? You have been the most abusive thus far in this thread. If people respond in kind, well, the saying you made your bed and now must lie in it, does apply. Apparently you 'argued' in such a fashion to garner attention. So please, do not complain when people respond to you in a similar vein. There has been no "hate spewing". General joking, yes. Poking fun. Yes. But hatred? No. If you think the very lighthearted responses you have received in this thread amount to hatred, then you may be right. This forum may not be the place for you.

Huh?

No, seriously, 'huh'? I think you are placing a tad too much importance to yourself. You do seem to be overly defensive if anyone disagrees with you or your candidate of choice. It is politics, things do get heated sometimes.

Personally speaking, my feelings aren't hurt that you disagree with me. I am not a delicate little petal who gets all emotional and cries if someone disagrees with me. This is a discussion forum and not everyone will agree with you or accept what you claim as fact if you have nothing to back it up.

Please Register or Log in to view the hidden image!

You allude to being involved in the military and having contact or dealings with the higher echelons of politics. And you find it difficult if people poke some fun or disagree with you? Doesn't seem to fit in my opinion.

Take all the time you need, sunshine.

Refer to the point above.

Indeed there are. And on some forums, they'll even give you virtual hugs and agree with everything you say. This is not one of them. Sciforums, has never been, and never will be a carebear forum.

Actually no. There are some "kids" in this forum. But the greater majority are adults.

Only if you are a chestnut.

15. John99 Banned Banned

That is due mostly to the overall uncertainty.

16. Tiassa Let us not launch the boat ... Valued Senior Member

To put it in a nutshell

Actually, some of them are quite competent. You just need to give them more to work with than you have.

Hate? If you think that's hate—and especially given your ferocious and wholly unsubstantiated entry to this discussion—I would suggest you re-evaluate your standards, sir. After all, that, as well as the subsequent arrogant, self-righteous, presumptuous, condescending, haughty, dismissive, mean-spirited, truculent and insulting posts that refused any substantial discussion while relying on your unsupported opinion, denigration of others, and petulant evasions pretty much set the tone.

You gave, you got, and now you're offended?

I'm sorry you feel that way. It used to be a lot more fun around here, and then one day we were suddenly obliged to show "respect" to certain arguments in the form of pretending they had any credibility. Yours, for instance. There was a time when we could look at the guy who said we should kill all the ragheads except for some of the women who might be worth fucking and tell him where to cram it. But no. Now we're expected to pretend that there is a point to all of this angry, conservative bullshit. With lowered standards, why should you, I, or anyone else be surprised that people are taking the easy route?

As you would. But, if you decide our little slice of bedlam is just too tempting to resist, I would suggest that you either develop a better, more rational presentation, or simply toughen the hell up.

17. Asguard Kiss my dark side Valued Senior Member

MOD HAT:
    NGM, i dont care if you think your funny or what but i will tell you something. The next one of these posts you make in one of my sections i will concider to be overriding a mod edit and deal with apropriatly. This IS an offical warning and i only give one

18. NGM Registered Member

So, even when someone agrees with another member, you feel you need to cencor?

That's all I needed to know, jerkoff.

Delete this post and my fucking account.

I'll go to a forum where it's not run like a fucking Nazi prison camp.

Fuck you and your forum.

19. ElectricFetus Sanity going, going, gone Valued Senior Member

NGM,

Conservapedia awaits you. Because if there one thing people like you hate its reality, so reject it and create your own: that why you won in Iraq 4 years ago, and the economy is doing great!

20. superstring01 Moderator

Mod Note: NGM is banned for three days for continued flaming and insults.

21. Captain Kremmen All aboard, me Hearties! Valued Senior Member

I agree whole heartedly. I often feel, while tapping away at my computer and writing a post to sciforums, "My, this is just like what the Jews must have suffered in Nazi prison camps"

22. joepistole Deacon Blues Valued Senior Member

Don't you think that might be a bit of an exageration? The Mods here for the most part try to do a good job, and I think they are on the whole they do a pretty good job.

23. Captain Kremmen All aboard, me Hearties! Valued Senior Member

Yes, I was being too harsh.
    I was wrong and I withdraw the comment.
    Posting on sciforums is nowhere near as bad as being in a Nazi concentration camp.