Star Wars vs Star Trek

Discussion in 'SciFi & Fantasy' started by Pollux V, May 9, 2002.

?

Which universe would win?

1. Star Trek

227 vote(s)
    35.5%
  2. Star Wars

268 vote(s)
    41.9%
  3. Spaceballs

47 vote(s)
    7.3%
  4. Farscape

12 vote(s)
    1.9%
  5. Dune

50 vote(s)
    7.8%
  6. Stargate

36 vote(s)
    5.6%
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. antaran_1979 Registered Senior Member

this would be my choice:

figter craft: overall design, style and performance the X-Wing. most menacing look: B-Wing

fregate size

Please Register or Log in to view the hidden image!

lace vacant-

destroyer size: personal favorite, the B'Rel bird og prey (militaristic, cool and menacing looks, balanced combat performance). most impresive performance the Defiant (i don't consider it a capital ship).

Capital ship (cruiser size): all times favorite Excelsior class (allso the best looking ST ship in my opinion, followed by the Sovereign). good overal usefulness and suficient durability. most menacing looks: K'Tinga (the motion picture version).
    -personal note: as the the very first SF ship i've ever seen the Constitution refit will ever hold a place of honor in my list, but since K'Tinga is the first star ship i have identified as such when i was 5-6 years old it will aleays be my first choice)

Flag ship (battleship size)

verall usefulness goes to the Nebula class and it is not that bad looking. however best looking for me is the Sovereign even if it is a bit overengeneered, it is probably still your best choice for 1-1 duel. most menacing looks, definitly goes to the ISD2. the very sight of it makes you wanna run away, fast

HYPER sized ships (Titan size and above): defintly most frightning and menacing goes to the V'Ger entity from the motion picture.

2. Google AdSense Guest Advertisement

to hide all adverts.
  3. Saquist Banned Banned

The bestTITAN size ship has to be the Super Star Destroyer.
    Best Bad Guy ship would be the Bird of Prey.

4. Google AdSense Guest Advertisement

to hide all adverts.
  5. Challenger78 Valued Senior Member

650 pages guys.. Keep debating this shit. WE CAN MAKE IT!!

6. Google AdSense Guest Advertisement

to hide all adverts.
  7. Saquist Banned Banned

Do you think that Klingons will ever get rid of the bird of prey?

8. USS Athens Very Special Senior Member Valued Senior Member

... I don't like the x-wing. It looks way too outlandish. I like my tomcats

9. TW Scott Minister of Technology Registered Senior Member

Small problem for this to be truly a War between universes both sides would have to act as they normally would. Meaning Q would ABSOLUTELY NOT enter the fray. The Alpha Quadrant would be a fractious lot willing to screw each other over in the short run and Borg would not enter the fray untill years later. Against the Empire the Alpha Quadrant doesn't stand a chance and since the Federation can beat everything in the Galaxy the Empire would just steam roll right over everything after it crushes the Federation.

10. Kittamaru Ashes to ashes, dust to dust. Adieu, Sciforums. Valued Senior Member

Uh, no scott.

Two scenarios:

All of Wars vs All of Trek (eg, every race/entity/etc in Trek allied against every race/entity/etc in Wars)

OR

Star Trek vs Star Wars, each side acting as they would
    ergo
    Federation, Klingons, Romulans, Hydrans, Lyrans, ISC, Maquis, Rebel Alliance, and other various races (Oh, ADD IN THE FUTURE FEDERATION)

vs

Imperial Remnants + their few allies that remain (remember, timeline here scotch)

With the Borg possibly joining the Trek side if things are bad enough... which I doubt.

11. Saquist Banned Banned

I love it. It's just as distiinctive to Star Wars and the Enterprise is to Trek.

He knows that's not true. He's seeking someone who hasn't looked over the information. He want's to contribut but has not legs to stand on about his conclusion.

It's kinda like a zealot. Even though he has to give up because his argument has been defeated it doesn't mean he doesn't seek someone with less knowledge to preach too.

12. MjolnirPants Registered Member

Wow, Star Wars is winning. I would have thought this forum to be a bit geekier than that. After all, Trek at least got SOME of the science right...

13. Kittamaru Ashes to ashes, dust to dust. Adieu, Sciforums. Valued Senior Member

MjolnirPants, Star Wars is definately NOT winning... every argument they present has been disproven, shot down, and otherwise defeated. The only thing they have going for em is HyperSpace... and even then, Quantum Slipstream, TransWarp, and Inter-Spatial Time Travel counters it well.

14. Oli Heute der Enteteich... Registered Senior Member

205 votes to 151 looks like winning.
    Maybe there's a new definition of "win".

15. USS Athens Very Special Senior Member Valued Senior Member

How about 205 empty votes to 151 votes?

16. Oli Heute der Enteteich... Registered Senior Member

Empty vote?

17. USS Athens Very Special Senior Member Valued Senior Member

Votes that have no meaning, votes not thought through.

18. Oli Heute der Enteteich... Registered Senior Member

Yeah, how do you work that out?

19. Challenger78 Valued Senior Member

By debating about it for 650 pages.. ALMOST THERE GUYS..

20. MjolnirPants Registered Member

Well, it's a bit of a given that arguing tech worth between the two universes would yeild Trek as the winner.
    But regardless: By winning, I meant "getting more votes."
    Anyone who voted for Wars is not worthy of calling him or herself a geek.
    Hehe, I wonder what kinda firestorm that comment'll set off... :roflmao:

21. Oli Heute der Enteteich... Registered Senior Member

Perhaps those who voted Wars thought that the advantage was so overwhelming it was self-evident: therefore argument is futile

22. antaran_1979 Registered Senior Member

hey i'm geek and i'm proud of it

besides in any democracy this is a sure SW win, right from the start it was. it just shows the number of fans each franchise has. this is somewhat disapointing as besides Trek and Wars there is hardly anything else on this thread.

in example, Asimov's galactic empire and the subsequent Foundation would clear the Wars Galactic Empire as easy as pie. not to mention it is from Asimov that Lucas stole the whole idea, includind the administrative planet-city.

Hyperion cantos has some damn fine weapons (a small flotila of main line ships can blow away the star's corona), and the Shrike would chew on jedi and sith as if thew were sardines in a can.

Dune has some impresive subversive and ground combat properties that would live Trek and Wars back ind kindergarden.

but if we interpret this voating systems as in can 200+ ISD2 cope with 150+ GCS then you will get a different perspective.

23. Reiku Banned Banned

I love how people talk about these things, as if its real life.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.