Star Wars vs Star Trek

Discussion in 'SciFi & Fantasy' started by Pollux V, May 9, 2002.

?

Which universe would win?

1. Star Trek

227 vote(s)
    35.5%
  2. Star Wars

268 vote(s)
    41.9%
  3. Spaceballs

47 vote(s)
    7.3%
  4. Farscape

12 vote(s)
    1.9%
  5. Dune

50 vote(s)
    7.8%
  6. Stargate

36 vote(s)
    5.6%
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. SkywalkerJedi アスラン・ザラ ( Athrun "Alex" Zala ) Registered Senior Member

They can steal infomation on how to stop transporters. They rain Ion Cannon and light turbolaser from 10 Star Destroyers on a UFP starship, board it, then take it over. They will send they spacetroopers to break a big enough hole, then get in, Republic spacetroopers have either DC-15/A Blaster Rifles or Blaster Chainguns, they are all very fast weapons. If that somehow didn't work, they send Jedi down to Earth, pretend to be a normal civilian and check the libaries. If they don't have that kind of infomation in their libaries, they will try to enter Starfleet acadmy ( as a civilian ). Don't tell me that they are too old, because Skywalker is 19 yrs old, and there are many young jedi apprentices and jedi knights. When they granduate ( Skywalker will probably graduate very fast, because he is a Jedi High General, the best mechanic in the Jedi Order, the best Starfighter pilot in the galaxy, he have very quick reflexes, and many more advantages and Skywalker will probably graduate with many honors ), they use Mind Affect on the Admirals, so they can be assigned to the same ship, there will be about a hundred Jedi on the ship, with lightsabers, the force and the Federation assigned phasers, they will take the ship over, then hack it's computers.

2. Google AdSense Guest Advertisement

to hide all adverts.
  3. USS Athens Very Special Senior Member Valued Senior Member

I know!!!

This is directed mainly at Skywalkerjedi.

4. Google AdSense Guest Advertisement

to hide all adverts.
  5. SkywalkerJedi アスラン・ザラ ( Athrun "Alex" Zala ) Registered Senior Member

Okay I will answer it. I won't even care if Earth is destroyed, if I am invited to join the Jedi Order ,it might be possible, they might teach me to use a lightsaber or the force. I rather live on Coruscant then in Star Trek Earth. The Republic is simply better then the Federation. have you read my post on thread Galactic Republic vs United Federation of Planets? If you did you will know why. The Federation will fall. I much rather live in the Jedi Temple, then in the best place in the UFP. If you ask other Star Wars debaters ( expect TW Scott ) they much rather live on Coruscant.

6. Google AdSense Guest Advertisement

to hide all adverts.
  7. Saquist Banned Banned

Couldn't fire? What do you mean? In the images we clearly see ISD weapons fire missing the Mon Calmari cruiser. The Cruiser returns fire dead on and destroys the ISD...

You know...There is no way in hell that crap could track a Federation vessel...
    I'm sorry that distance is the equivalent of point blank range.

8. Saquist Banned Banned

I know...But that' how in love with the Star Wars world some are they actually are entertaining an evil empire taking over Earth. An empire modeled after the Nazis regime.

Go figure...

9. SkywalkerJedi アスラン・ザラ ( Athrun "Alex" Zala ) Registered Senior Member

I like the Republic not the Empire.

10. Saquist Banned Banned

Well Blow me down....690 GIGA Tons in a photon torpedo?! Looks like my figures from the 5,000,000,000 ISTON yeild across a solar system isolated to a torpedo was indeed on the mark...

11. SkywalkerJedi アスラン・ザラ ( Athrun "Alex" Zala ) Registered Senior Member

What about Palpatine's order's then. Do you mind showing me that picture again please?
    They can fire concussion missiles with 10 Seismic Charge and 10 Thermal Dentonators tie on to it. That will destroy a Federation vessle.

12. TW Scott Minister of Technology Registered Senior Member

Trench gun is just a term used for point defense weapon. Meaning some of the least powerful weapons on the ship.

As for tha asteroid it certainly was vaporized. Film canon, novelization canon, and EU canon all agree on this. Film takes precedence of course, but there is not one part of canon that even attempts to disagree. That is much like taking what is already set and stone and adding gilded gold.

13. SkywalkerJedi アスラン・ザラ ( Athrun "Alex" Zala ) Registered Senior Member

14. TW Scott Minister of Technology Registered Senior Member

Okay apparrantly Kittamaru and Saquist live in a warped reality where apparantly phasers failing to do anything even remotely as powerful as what we see in ESB is proof of their superiority.

Phaser: Takes ten seconds to drill 30,000+ cubic meters through concrete and granite.

Turbolasers: Takes 1/15th of a second to vaporize 30,000+ cubic meters of iron/nickel.

And you can't ST me they were just being slow and careful in Star trek. The computer is quite capable of calculating exactly how long is needed to drill hole with it's phasers. they could have easily allowed the computer to fire a beam that lasts as long as they needed. So ten seconds is EXACTLY as fast as the ships phaser array can drill it's way through 30,000+ cubic meters.

15. TW Scott Minister of Technology Registered Senior Member

As for Skin of Evil, we are not told how large the planet is so the resulting explsion flash means nothing. Also the Torpedo was targeted on a Long range shuttle, the ones with a mini warp core. So attributing that explosive flash to a Photon Torpedo is just ludicrous.

16. antaran_1979 Registered Senior Member

are you blind? do i have to round those shots in red circles now?

17. antaran_1979 Registered Senior Member

you really hate the movies don't ya?

18. antaran_1979 Registered Senior Member

a viable tactic. it might work. they might not be able to access the computer right away but they could take the ship. if the UFP ship does not self destruct there is a chance.

19. antaran_1979 Registered Senior Member

but the republic has fallen on its own

Please Register or Log in to view the hidden image!

20. antaran_1979 Registered Senior Member

Palpatine ordered not to engage, to prevent them from escaping. how were they to prevent them from escaping if the didn't fire? use harsh language? those Calamari would not have been stoped by flack or LTLs. the point of Palpatine was for Luke to wach the slow destruction of the Rebel fleet, either by the DS2 or by the fleet, preferable the former.

21. TW Scott Minister of Technology Registered Senior Member

Actually seeing as how Transporters can barely fuinction under ideal circumstances, their use in battle as anything other than a convenient way to board or lay mines is just not feasible.

Boarding a Federation vessel is easy as 90% of them only move slowly in combat. Only the defiant class seem to move at any real speed in fleet engagements. Also the Federation seems to like to fight in close enough to spit at each other. they can shoot farther, but seem to love it up close.

22. antaran_1979 Registered Senior Member

lol, you probably mean 1/15s to blast 900 cubic meters asteroid and then recharge for at least a second.

23. TW Scott Minister of Technology Registered Senior Member

There are such things as tractor beams and gravity well generators. Both of which would stop the Rebels fromk escaping.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.