Star Wars vs Star Trek

Discussion in 'SciFi & Fantasy' started by Pollux V, May 9, 2002.

?

Which universe would win?

1. Star Trek

227 vote(s)
    35.5%
  2. Star Wars

268 vote(s)
    41.9%
  3. Spaceballs

47 vote(s)
    7.3%
  4. Farscape

12 vote(s)
    1.9%
  5. Dune

50 vote(s)
    7.8%
  6. Stargate

36 vote(s)
    5.6%
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Kittamaru Ashes to ashes, dust to dust. Adieu, Sciforums. Valued Senior Member

Q cannot be killed except by another Q or by a method created by the Q and willingly given to a person...

I mean, Q himself can snap his fingers, and the entirety of Star Wars would never have happened - the first "evolution" of each of the races in Star Trek would never have crawled out of the primordial ooze... he's already shown himself easily capable of not only doing it, but showing one man (Jean Luc) it was happening, helping him figure out why, then saving humanity because (jean luc) proved that Humanity was actually worth observing.

2. Google AdSense Guest Advertisement

to hide all adverts.
  3. George1 Registered Senior Member

i am not,and i have never claimed to...and yes they ARE PARALLELS,but not
    INSPIRED!

4. Google AdSense Guest Advertisement

to hide all adverts.
  5. George1 Registered Senior Member

that has ONLY cannon material on it!

i do,you don't!

6. Google AdSense Guest Advertisement

to hide all adverts.
  7. George1 Registered Senior Member

moron! i didn't say that,so stop inventing stuff!

8. George1 Registered Senior Member

and what the fuck is Scar and it's connection to Star Wars?

9. Kittamaru Ashes to ashes, dust to dust. Adieu, Sciforums. Valued Senior Member

Yes, but some of their crap is visibly contradicted in the movies

10. George1 Registered Senior Member

did I said that? you are so superficial!
    i don't need YOU'LL pity,you need some!

11. Kittamaru Ashes to ashes, dust to dust. Adieu, Sciforums. Valued Senior Member

Star Wars isn't better than trek, on multiple level.

SW is a fast paced action-adventure ride (with brother on sister action no less) that is fun to watch but should NOT be analyzed deeper than what you see. It was never MEANT for that.

Star Trek, on the other hand, had a deeper meaning when Gene created it - the advancement of mankind, in both racial and gender equality (ever wonder why, during the time Star Trek came out, there was a BLACK WOMAN, a GAY CHINESE DUDE, and an ALIEN on the BRIDGE of the federation FLAGSHIP? Yeah, equality dude) among other things, including trying to further mankind's desire to improve itself. It wasn't about the explosions and fights and "technobabble", it was about the experience. Seeing mankind overcome obstacles we couldn't even imagine prompted many to go into the sciences... hell, Scotty (James Doohan) had an experience that changed his life and the life of a suicidal high school girl - long story short, the man reached out to her, paying for her airfare and tickets to go to the conventions where they would talk for hours on end. In the end, she became a physics teacher! She credits him alone for saving her life... that's something to be proud of man...

Trek is a different beast altogether from Star Wars... and debates like this... they're painful for me because people try to read so deeply into little things (like the Survivors episode) that were nothing more than plot devices or mistakes on the writers part - of course there are mistakes, the series ran for what, seven seasons?

12. Apocalypse2001 System Lord Registered Senior Member

yes you did. Others words implied that, also. So he's right.

13. George1 Registered Senior Member

no it's not,so go WATCH the movies,after you finish collecting star trek CD's!:bawl:

14. Kittamaru Ashes to ashes, dust to dust. Adieu, Sciforums. Valued Senior Member

heh, nice spelling, yes, you do need my pity. Go back to elementary school and learn some basic grammar and spelling please.

And did I ever claim you specifically were like that? No... hm, they say a defensive mind is a guilty one...

Please Register or Log in to view the hidden image!

15. Kittamaru Ashes to ashes, dust to dust. Adieu, Sciforums. Valued Senior Member

The scar... you know... lil pus anikin? The scar on his face? It just "magically" appeared, never explained, in the movies... (yes, I watched the prequel trilogy, as absolutely terrible as it was... it ruined Star Wars forever... I fear the day he decides to make a sequel trilogy)

16. George1 Registered Senior Member

i did not! you people might THINK of them as such,but i don't think like that,
    neither did i ever implied that!
    how about ASKING me what did i meant with those sentences,BEFORE you make
    conclusions?????

17. Kittamaru Ashes to ashes, dust to dust. Adieu, Sciforums. Valued Senior Member

No, it doesn't have CANON material - in fact, those wikis have NOTHING from the movies! Most of them take from FAN WRITTEN BOOKS at BEST!

If you want canon, watch the "Star Wars Christmas Spectacular" to see just how your god Lucas works... I dare you. IT WILL MAKE YOU CRY!

18. George1 Registered Senior Member

not a dog wouldn't
    you go back to kindergarten and learn how to read!
    so i am not included as a WARISH??

19. Kittamaru Ashes to ashes, dust to dust. Adieu, Sciforums. Valued Senior Member

*chuckles* I'm just going to ignore you kid... come back when you're a little more mature and have taken a class or two in actual debating skills. A logic class (a COLLEGE logic class) would serve you well... fallacious reasoning is a deep trap, and you and ricery have fallen deep into it's pit.

20. Apocalypse2001 System Lord Registered Senior Member

japanese.

Well, Sulu wasn't, but George Takei WAS/IS

But basically it was a cultural equality thing.

21. Kittamaru Ashes to ashes, dust to dust. Adieu, Sciforums. Valued Senior Member

not a dog wouldn't...

you go back to kindergarten and learn how to read.

As a warish?

Good god man... have you had a STROKE? Those make absolutely NO SENSE to anyone who speaks English.

22. Kittamaru Ashes to ashes, dust to dust. Adieu, Sciforums. Valued Senior Member

Ah, my mistake - I thought he was Korean or Chinese, lol. Eh, either way, he wasn't a white american male, which was the point I was trying to make

23. George1 Registered Senior Member

all of star trek excepting TOS nnd TNG(first half)
    is fan written! all writing staff of all enterprise are fans,no other idiot would
    want such a pathetic job!
    obviously,you don't know why it is called "Star Wars Christmas Spectacular"
    by now

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.