Star Wars vs Star Trek

Discussion in 'SciFi & Fantasy' started by Pollux V, May 9, 2002.

?

Which universe would win?

1. Star Trek

227 vote(s)
    35.5%
  2. Star Wars

268 vote(s)
    41.9%
  3. Spaceballs

47 vote(s)
    7.3%
  4. Farscape

12 vote(s)
    1.9%
  5. Dune

50 vote(s)
    7.8%
  6. Stargate

36 vote(s)
    5.6%
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Apocalypse2001 System Lord Registered Senior Member

1)Why am I deluded? Because I don't conform to what science references (yes references, not 'proves') I don't think like an atheist, I absorb everything I can, unlike you.
    2) stupid challenge really? Then you are more of a coward than I thought
    3) yeah, smartass. They key word being HUMAN [logic].
    4)How? You obvious only listen to yourself. I said I can show you inperson. Why speak when you can show? Stop making me repeat myself.
    5)Snide comment?! please mf. All you anglophones take everything personally as if the world revolves around you. You react without thinking. Your loss. My condolences.
    6) why? because I won't yield to your narrow mindedness? please mf.

Please Register or Log in to view the hidden image!

2. Google AdSense Guest Advertisement

to hide all adverts.
  3. Shogun Bleed White and Blue! Valued Senior Member

Humans all have strengths and weaknesses, its the way it is get used to it. Also to humans, human logic = absolute logic. Everyone like to see the best in themselves, only the enlightened can see the weaknesses in themselves.

4. Google AdSense Guest Advertisement

to hide all adverts.
  5. Apocalypse2001 System Lord Registered Senior Member

believeme, my friend, The past few years I've learned to be a conscious observer, and I have found many weaknesses in my self.

so that being said....what the hell were we talking about before the others blew everything out of porportion???????
    OH YEAH! ummm, it was about nanoprobes disabling Vaders artificial limbs!

6. Google AdSense Guest Advertisement

to hide all adverts.
  7. Shogun Bleed White and Blue! Valued Senior Member

He got super tough leather-like armor on him, and he won't even let the borg go near him. He would just use the force and his lightsaber ( plus his troops ) to keep them at bay or kill them all.

8. Dywyddyr Penguinaciously duckalicious. Valued Senior Member

You're deluded because you claim not to be human. Atheism is nothing to do with it.

Nope, you're an idiot. Why should I spend any money when you can't even make a start on defending your point? Again: what would you do in person that you can't do here?

So you're admitting you're wrong on that one?

You keep saying that: how would you show me?

The snide comment was mine. Learn to read.

Nope, it's because you're a deluded idiot.

I note also that you don't have the decency or grace to acknowledge that you were shown to be wrong about belief (and using your own reference at that). Is this how you normally debate?
    I'll ask again: are you blind or dishonest? At the moment dishonesty seems to be the answer. Maybe it's an integral factor of your delusion.

9. George1 Registered Senior Member

you'll beliefs system is the exact opposite!
    logic requires PROF!
    EXACTLY!SHOW US YOU ARE RIGHT,something else than you'll belief
    the only narrow mind here is you,who fails to understand that logic is based on science,and science on empirical evidence!

10. Shogun Bleed White and Blue! Valued Senior Member

If you are christian, then you don't think of yourself anything other than human. Atheists aren't the only people that think they are human, and religious people don't think they are beyond human either. Saying you're beyond human doesn't mean you are religious, if means you are overly arrogant.

11. Apocalypse2001 System Lord Registered Senior Member

no. If you are christian you DO think of course self as not ONLY being human. read the Apocryphal Gospels.

Saying you are beyond human acknowledges the fact you are not only this body you call a tool. It goes hand in hand with the fact that we are souls.

12. Apocalypse2001 System Lord Registered Senior Member

well it's a containment unit. Well if he uses a lightsaber the Borg will be able to adapt. The only thing he can do is just push them away with his Force abilities

You know it's situations like these when I wish this thread included the Replicators from Stargate they'd be able to get close to Vader

13. George1 Registered Senior Member

wrong again!i might be an atheist,but i have recently left religion,and i know
    that in all religions, humans are nothing more than humans!

14. Apocalypse2001 System Lord Registered Senior Member

1) Well you are deluded because you think you are better than the rest of the enlightened people on this planet by thinking that the only thing that matters is science
    2) I'm not admitting I'm wrong. it has nothing to do with being wrong or right!
    3) Why do insist on going around in circles???:bugeye: You keep insisting on on explanations when you aren't willing to learn. So %*&^you. Your stupidity is starting to piss me off.
    4)How was I wrong??? Really?? I am decent but your arrogance of pretending to know that you can prove everything is getting in the way of me trying to be decent with your narrow minded ass. if anything you are the one who is deluded thinking that you are right. I, however, never said "i'm right you are wrong". But since you insist on acting like a 6 year old who doesn't like to learn when possibilties are presented to him, I clean my hand of you.

Last edited: Mar 10, 2010
  15. George1 Registered Senior Member

the lightsaber is impossible to adapt; it dose not use frequencies!
    Borg adapt to frequencies,and a lightsaber has been know to cut through blast
    doors with shields.
    and as for the replicators,trek would have no better chance than any other
    universe,they are unstoppable!
    and don't bring up an argument about how they will build a version of the dakara super weapon,cuz it would be impossible to kill all of them!
    if you kill some of them,the others would adapt!
    they would eat every piece of technology,including delicious Cookie-Borg ,
    and it would be end of story!

16. George1 Registered Senior Member

how the fuck are we going to learn if all you do is tell us what you belive?
    PRESENT EVIDENCE,THEN WE WILL BELIEVE YOU!

17. Apocalypse2001 System Lord Registered Senior Member

yes. Exactly they ARE unstoppable.

well you just proved part of my point!

The Borg do the same thing. Because they are all linked they will learn more from the death of the others.

18. Apocalypse2001 System Lord Registered Senior Member

I never told you what to believe. I presented ideas to you, but you are unwilling to process the information. Procesing is not the same as accepting. Like I said: accept (without limitations), process, and file away. That's what a good person does.

19. George1 Registered Senior Member

the borg don't do the same,they are inferior!

20. Dywyddyr Penguinaciously duckalicious. Valued Senior Member

More assumptions on your part...

Nothing to do with wrong or right? You post nonsense and that's your get-out?

So you don't actually have anything?

How about this:
    Post 17621
    http://www.merriam-webster.com/dictionary/belief
    I.e. the source YOU asked me to look up specifically states that belief can mean you are sure.
    In other words you were wrong.

So being "decent" means ignoring a direct refutation, or claiming that it somehow doesn't refute your point?
    And my "arrogance" is using a source you specified which shows you were wrong?

Isn't it six year olds that put their hands over their ears and start screaming "I can't hear you" when someone points out their errors?
    Quite...

And for your information you haven't presented "possibilities", merely unsubstantiated belief and arrant nonsense, coupled with false (and shown to be false) claims.

21. George1 Registered Senior Member

WELL GIVE SOME EVIDENCE FOR ME TO BOTHER PROCESSING IT!!

i don't care what you'll personal theories are,as long as you can't back them up!
    do you understand me?I RALLY am getting tired of this!

22. Apocalypse2001 System Lord Registered Senior Member

what evidence?! Processing something is just that. if you say you need proof of something without processing it then you will never learn MORE!

23. Apocalypse2001 System Lord Registered Senior Member

Are you puposefully being demented?? or do you like to goad people so you can deter attention away from your bullshit?

I didn't ignore anything! If someone keeps talking and talking without understanding the angles of the ideas presented to him, then I am at the end of my rope with that person! Nuff said.
    yes I have presented possibilties. And you still haven't answered one of my questions. But that's alright. I guess it's too deep for your scientific ass.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.