Star Wars vs Star Trek

Discussion in 'SciFi & Fantasy' started by Pollux V, May 9, 2002.

?

Which universe would win?

1. Star Trek

227 vote(s)
    35.5%
  2. Star Wars

268 vote(s)
    41.9%
  3. Spaceballs

47 vote(s)
    7.3%
  4. Farscape

12 vote(s)
    1.9%
  5. Dune

50 vote(s)
    7.8%
  6. Stargate

36 vote(s)
    5.6%
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. SkywalkerJedi アスラン・ザラ ( Athrun "Alex" Zala ) Registered Senior Member

But there is no way that the Federation will know what they are for. they will just think " Oh, it is just another speices, it is not much ".

Yes you can, their blasts can both travel through hyperspace.

The Force is diffrent, but as I said they can still use their powers regardless. The only thing they need is to be force sensitive. What you are saying is " You can see in the dark even if you have a flashlight, because it have no light now. " Does that make sense to you no. Or if that make sense to you try this " You can't swim because you don't have fins. ".

Exactly, so that just proves my first point. The Federation will just ignore it because they will think they are just another species thats very very very close of humans.
    Not the lack, zero orgainizms. So Homo Sapiens ( us ) will never learn the force. And it is Ashla ( Light Side ), Bogan ( Dark Side ), Unifying Force, Living Force.
    Anakin had more. George Lucas said so, he said Anakin was the chosen one, and the requirements are : To be the only pure vessel of the Force.

2. Google AdSense Guest Advertisement

to hide all adverts.
  3. Saquist Banned Banned

Not only is that a large assumption SJ but it's never even happened in GFFA. So they can't do it. And the Barriers are not even the same.

GFFA's barrier is a hyperspace disturbance.
    First and foremost...Star Wars couldn't simply fire these weapons through their own Barrier let alone get it past the Q barrier in the MilkyWay.
    2nd it's unlikely that they could locate anything beyond the GFFA. The Vong had to travel the intergalactic void at sublight because they couldn't lock on any point in a target Galaxy from the outside. While this is a limitation of Vong tech, it is also the only example of GFFA ability which becomes a negative for the whole universe as a whole vs. the Trek universe.

"They can do it" = a lie. They never have done it. If you knew about the 6 Jedi they planned on using in the Outbound Flight...they you also know they never got the chance to try.

4. Google AdSense Guest Advertisement

to hide all adverts.
  5. Saquist Banned Banned

It doesn't matter what "they're for".
    Star Fleet Quarentine proceedures would apply. Star Fleet isn't as incompetent as imperial officers.

Not beyond the Galaxy

I don't recall saying anything remotely similar to your summary.

Quarentine....

I already know that Lucas said in an interview that they were the same. I'll produce my information provided by the wookipedia. But once again I will ask for yours as well. Prepare to provide.

6. Google AdSense Guest Advertisement

to hide all adverts.
  7. SkywalkerJedi アスラン・ザラ ( Athrun "Alex" Zala ) Registered Senior Member

1. Galactic Federation of Free Alliances don't have a barrier ( Or are you talking about the Star Wars galaxy? )
    2. Why not, name a reason they can't
    3. They send small scout ships
    4. Republic and CIS can take Klingons and Federation. And plus the Republic only had one chance to have a mission like Outbound Flight
    Jorus C'baoth showed the Jedi Concil he can do it. And it is 18 Jedi not 6.

8. SkywalkerJedi アスラン・ザラ ( Athrun "Alex" Zala ) Registered Senior Member

So when the Starfleet meet a new race, they Jail them? Wow, I never seen Voyager do that?

Why not, please give be proof and reason.

I mean yours, that is what your saying ( In another from ).

The Jedi just wait till he is fully examined.

http://starwars.wikia.com/wiki/Chosen_One

I suggest you read the whole page.

9. Nickelodeon Banned Banned

Well, yes.

10. SkywalkerJedi アスラン・ザラ ( Athrun "Alex" Zala ) Registered Senior Member

Centerpoint Station can destroy Secotor 001 form Coruscant. They just sit back and watch the disaster. Or they make a giant fleet with the Star Forge and attack Earth. Ships armed with Omega Frost ( Designed to freeze anything that have moisture including troops ), Metallic Crystal Phase Shifter ( change any metallic objects into powder or cloth............), and Superlasers.

11. TW Scott Minister of Technology Registered Senior Member

Depends on if they were a physical beaing or not actually. There are some questions as to that. After all we know from novelization that sensor probe droids could scan for force sensitive people. They do this without a physical scan. So the midichlorians could be energy based, partially phased, or just a simple symbiote that the Jedi Order put too much importance on. We'll never know. Now as the Aing-Ti were able to teach non-force sensitive how to tap the force, it seems likely that midichlorians may just be a general indicator.

12. SkywalkerJedi アスラン・ザラ ( Athrun "Alex" Zala ) Registered Senior Member

Star Trek people will NEVER learn the ways of the Force. They have absolute 0 midiclorians.

13. TW Scott Minister of Technology Registered Senior Member

How do you know this? I never discount anything until canon tells me to.

14. SkywalkerJedi アスラン・ザラ ( Athrun "Alex" Zala ) Registered Senior Member

Star Trek humans have zero connection with the force, because they have zero midicorians per cell. If you have zero connection, it is like somebody used Server Force on you.

15. SkywalkerJedi アスラン・ザラ ( Athrun "Alex" Zala ) Registered Senior Member

Here you go some proof.

16. Kittamaru Ashes to ashes, dust to dust. Adieu, Sciforums. Valued Senior Member

17. Kittamaru Ashes to ashes, dust to dust. Adieu, Sciforums. Valued Senior Member

Fine, we'll just wipe the pattern buffers and be DONE with it.

Now they simply cease to exist, good game.

18. Kittamaru Ashes to ashes, dust to dust. Adieu, Sciforums. Valued Senior Member

PLEASE think your arguments thru kid

19. Kittamaru Ashes to ashes, dust to dust. Adieu, Sciforums. Valued Senior Member

1) That's my point - depending on where you hit the Jedi depends on if and how well he can recover.

2) If what you say is true, then why couldn't he simply take over Lukes mind? Why couldn't he, oh I dont' know, simply CRUSH the Rebel fleet with a wave of his hand like Exhar Khune could? Why couldn't he do a NUMBER of things? Why, of ALL people, did he loose a fight to Obe Wan? If he's THAT strong, then damn... vassels of the force are kind of weak...

20. Saquist Banned Banned

GFFA does have a barrier. It's called the Hyperspace disturbance. The Galaxy Gun nor Centerpoint could fire through it. Nor could it readily be said that the weapons could penetrate the Galactic Barrier.

According to the Wookiewiki
    The Intergalactic Void was the region of space between the Known Galaxy and other galaxies, such as the Yuuzhan Vong galaxy. The void is a vast darkness, where no stars shine. The Yuuzhan Vong's worldship convoy crossed the void to leave their galaxy and come to the known one. Because the dovin basals could not properly lock onto any point in the Galaxy, the Yuuzhan Vong were forced to travel at sublight speed. How long this journey lasted is unknown, but it is believed to have lasted several millennia. It was in the void that the Yuuzhan Vong nearly destroyed themselves, as lack of resources caused several worldships to die, while Domain and Caste competition were taken to the extreme.

Quarantine is quarantine.
    If you don't know what it means I can provide a link.

And yet I didn't say any of that.

You mean be treacherous?

No thank you If you couldn't post it its not worth the time.

If that is what you believe.

21. Kittamaru Ashes to ashes, dust to dust. Adieu, Sciforums. Valued Senior Member

1) Probably because Voyager hasn't had a chance to resupply and repair systems for... something along the lines of 8 YEARS... 8 YEARS of constant fighting with unknown and undiscovered species in a quadrent where they have no chance to resupply? it's only a little scout ship man...

2) No, a black hole can't crush a star system - it can't CRUSH anything. It simply makes it CEASE to EXIST. It sucks it in and, like magic, it disappears. What happens once it crosses the event horizon, we dont' know.

22. Kittamaru Ashes to ashes, dust to dust. Adieu, Sciforums. Valued Senior Member

The way it is written, it simply sounds like the Falcon got out of RANGE before the tractor could lock onto it... this makes Wars tractors kind of strange because it means they don't "aquire" a target a full force, like a Trek tractor beam...

23. Kittamaru Ashes to ashes, dust to dust. Adieu, Sciforums. Valued Senior Member

Uhm... yes they would. If you can DIGITIZE a person and put EVERYTHING back at the sub atomic level... you know damn well EXACTLY what ever basic component of said person is and what it does...

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.