What do you think about this video on Islam?

Discussion in 'Religion Archives' started by ElectricFetus, Apr 21, 2009.

1. S.A.M. uniquely dreadful Valued Senior Member

2. Google AdSense Guest Advertisement

to hide all adverts.
  3. PsychoticEpisode It is very dry in here today Valued Senior Member

Simply obtaining nukes will be taken as an act of aggression by the USA. It won't matter what you think. Whether they're right or wrong won't matter either.

4. Google AdSense Guest Advertisement

to hide all adverts.
  5. S.A.M. uniquely dreadful Valued Senior Member

Yeah, I note how many countries with nukes the US is occupying.

6. Google AdSense Guest Advertisement

to hide all adverts.
  7. PsychoticEpisode It is very dry in here today Valued Senior Member

It's no accident. It's like putting honey out and the hornets show up. Not sure if they're out to protect their citizenry or economics, and I don't think religion is high on that list.

8. ElectricFetus Sanity going, going, gone Valued Senior Member

impoverish countries existed before the ottoman empire, western nations did not create third world countries either, they are simply an effect of human social advancement on this planet.

At this rate, Pakistan, it practically begging us for help.

9. swarm Registered Senior Member

In the news today...Brittney Spear's conch was converted into a parking garage.

10. swarm Registered Senior Member

Well d'uh!

You guys should try it some time instead of provoking us and getting punked all the time.

War sucks and if you pick on the big guy, you are going down hard.

11. PsychoticEpisode It is very dry in here today Valued Senior Member

We spanked your ass in 1812, and we weren't even a country yet.

Please Register or Log in to view the hidden image!

Although I think we may be counting on your help when Russia starts encroaching on our Arctic soil and airspace.

12. (Q) Encephaloid Martini Valued Senior Member

I don't push Islamic propaganda like you do, so why bother?

13. DiamondHearts Registered Senior Member

Correction. Pakistan's leadership is begging the US to stop bombings of civilian neighborhoods as it is angering its population. The powerlessness of a government to prevent murder at the hands of foreign powers reveals that such a government is subservient and a puppet for a foreign power. Once, Pakistani citizens realize, as they are now, that their government does not represent their legitimate aspirations, it will be dismantled and new politicians and leaders shall be put in place. Pakistan is facing massive protests, and Zardari knows this is because of his own corruption and exploitation of the populace, and his unwillingness to stop violation of Pakistani sovereignty by his masters in Washington, Indian agents, Northern Alliance agents, etc.

The overall population is not begging the US for anything. Don't be mistaken. They realize that asking a colonial and oppressive power to stop murdering your civilians never works. You must defend yourself and threaten to take action when your civilians are killed. Imagine if any nation monthly murdered 100 American civilians, what would be the American response to them? An American life is not any more sacred than a Pakistani life. That is the entire point.

14. S.A.M. uniquely dreadful Valued Senior Member

Only you would consider structural adjustment as social advancement.

Please Register or Log in to view the hidden image!

15. ElectricFetus Sanity going, going, gone Valued Senior Member

Compared to mass ignorance and tribalism of the past today's imbalances between the rich and the poor scale in comparison. Consider that without the technology of the last 200 years most of the to worlds population would not even have been born.

16. swarm Registered Senior Member

If by "spanked" you mean "avoided being taken over."

The Brits did a good job of spanking us (we were a third world nation at the time after all), but lost on the home front by having too many irons in the fire.

As for US/Canada: "During the course of the war, both the Americans and British launched invasions of each other's territory, all of which were unsuccessful or gained only temporary success. At the end of the war, the British held parts of Maine and some outposts in the sparsely populated West while the Americans held Canadian territory near Detroit, but these occupied territories were restored at the end of the war."

For a more personal touch, my great [some odd greats] uncle Daniel Baker was a significant financial contributer for Cmdr. Perry's victory on lake Erie, at least by family legend..

17. GeoffP Caput gerat lupinum Valued Senior Member

...this is an imminent danger to the society of islamic nations? I think you've (deliberately) misconstrued the issue in favour of propaganda.

Iran. Saudi Arabia. Egypt. Jordan. Turkey. Iraq.

Pakistan. Afghanistan. Indonesia. Malaysia. Morocco. Libya. Palestine. UAE.

The Sudan.

Ditto.

In the bolded text, you're sort of joining issues again. As for danger, you were perfectly ok with Egypt rounding up 20,000 Egyptian Jews and either deporting them or putting them in a concentration camp, so your humanitarianism comes late.

...are you referring to Saudi Arabia or Iran when you say this? Because this happens to apostates there.

Or Pakistan. Afghanistan. Egypt. Malaysia....

Oh, irony. You show your head in the strangest places.

18. Mrs.Lucysnow Valued Senior Member

Last edited: Jun 14, 2009
  19. S.A.M. uniquely dreadful Valued Senior Member

Ah, another proud nationalist threatened by Muslims. Boy, I hope the Muslims in these countries are making alternate arrangements for their families.

20. Mrs.Lucysnow Valued Senior Member

No one is paying any attention to his silly films. What gets me is that he says Judaism is Western like Christianity but not Islam. In other words he accepts Jews but not Muslims.

21. S.A.M. uniquely dreadful Valued Senior Member

Are you sure?

http://www.economist.com/world/europe/displaystory.cfm?story_id=13832564

Why is this surprising?

Geert Wilders in Jerusalem “The Jihad against Israel is the Jihad against the West.”

22. Buffalo Roam Registered Senior Member

SAM why are you avoiding a response to GeoffP post #154?

Selective outrage? also called Bigotry.

Seems that GeoffP has nailed your provincial diaconal view of Islam and Muslims.

23. Mrs.Lucysnow Valued Senior Member

Well I certainly could see it as propaganda and the journalist said its bombed in terms of audience viewing.

I was surprised he made the distinction because it seemed contradictory to me.