France pushing war on Iran

Discussion in 'Politics' started by BlueMoose, Sep 18, 2007.

1. BlueMoose Guest

-Right wing won elections in France while ago and now their tone has changed.

A warning by France's foreign minister that the world should prepare for war over Iran's nuclear programme has drawn an angry response from Iran.

Iran's foreign ministry said the remark had damaged the credibility of France, while the official Iranian news agency accused Paris of aping Washington.

On Sunday France's Bernard Kouchner said: "We have to prepare for the worst, and the worst is war."

Meanwhile, the top UN nuclear official said force should be a last resort.

At a conference of the UN nuclear watchdog, the International Atomic Energy Agency (IAEA), in Austria, Mohamed ElBaradei said he saw no clear and present danger, and that talk of force was counter-productive.

Iran denies it is trying to acquire nuclear weapons, and says it only wants nuclear power to generate electricity for civilian purposes.

But it has repeatedly rejected UN demands to give up the enrichment of uranium, which the US and other Western states fear is being diverted to a nuclear weapons project.

http://news.bbc.co.uk/2/hi/europe/6998602.stm

2. Google AdSense Guest Advertisement

to hide all adverts.
  3. Buffalo Roam Registered Senior Member

France is waking up, it has seen just how peaceful Moslems immigrants are, and it has a long history of dealing with the Middle East, and the duplicity of radical Islamic regimes. Plus the fact that France has been in close contact with these regimes today, who knows what the former French Governments have provided to the Iranians in equipment and weapons research.

4. Google AdSense Guest Advertisement

to hide all adverts.
  5. S.A.M. uniquely dreadful Valued Senior Member

Yeah, lets see how they respond to Iran's oil bourse. Profit before principles?

6. Google AdSense Guest Advertisement

to hide all adverts.
  7. Sock puppet path GRRRRRRRRRRRR Valued Senior Member

Those beret headed nuts can stick the eiffel tower..straight up thier butts.

anyone, anyone?

8. Nickelodeon Banned Banned

Time to bring back French Fries! Oh la la!

9. spuriousmonkey Banned Banned

yeehaw! French and American freedom-loving patriots will nuke the insurgent child-eating regime of the Anti-Christian nation Iran together!

10. Sock puppet path GRRRRRRRRRRRR Valued Senior Member

Actually IMO Iranians in general are a great addition to any country. In norway I've worked with some, been roomates with one and have a sister in law in a long term relationship with one. In the states one of my best mates was iranian. Top class folks all of them.

11. cosmictraveler Be kind to yourself always. Valued Senior Member

Another holy war? No, just the arms dealers stirring the pot to make them even richer. :shrug:

12. spuriousmonkey Banned Banned

Not to mention that in the USA all good car dealers are Iranian.

13. S.A.M. uniquely dreadful Valued Senior Member

The largest population of Muslims in the US from the Middle East is from Iran. Be interesting to see what they think of this sabre rattling.

14. Sock puppet path GRRRRRRRRRRRR Valued Senior Member

Hey I never thought of that they are probably hiding wmd in the trunks of the cars they sell to unwitting americans!

Please Register or Log in to view the hidden image!

15. mikenostic Stop pretending you're smart! Registered Senior Member

Iranian people = cool
    Iranian government = teh total suck

My former landlord is Iranian. One of the nicest people I've ever met, and by far the coolest landlord I've ever had. He bailed ship in the late 70s with all the turmoil going on. He went back last year. Even he said most of the population hates the gubmint.

Iran just needs a regime change; like the one back when Iran and us were allies.

16. Buffalo Roam Registered Senior Member

I agree, but their government sucks, and that government is radical terrorist, and believes in the word and law of the Quran as they interpret it. Which is not child friendly.

17. Nickelodeon Banned Banned

Wow how shocking! Muslims believing in the Quran? Well I never!!

18. Buffalo Roam Registered Senior Member

That is the sad fact is that you have never.

19. Nickelodeon Banned Banned

Whatever happened to the oil bourse? Seemed to fade away.

20. Nickelodeon Banned Banned

Err, what? Sorry I dont speak Redneck.

21. S.A.M. uniquely dreadful Valued Senior Member

Has the US signed the Ratification of the Convention for Rights of the Child yet? Or is the only other country to not sign it, ie Somalia, going to beat you to it?

Please Register or Log in to view the hidden image!

22. S.A.M. uniquely dreadful Valued Senior Member

Japan has just in September 2007 agreed to sell oil in yen. I'm hoping the Chinese and Russians come forward. Maybe that will put the brakes on American militant terrorism.

23. mikenostic Stop pretending you're smart! Registered Senior Member

In his defense Nick, he did add 'as they interpret it' to the end of that sentence that you conveniently edited for your own rhetoric.

'As they interpret it' means they change the rules to fit their interpretation of it. Christians are way guilty of that shit too; in the form of sects and denominations.