Star Wars vs Star Trek

Discussion in 'SciFi & Fantasy' started by Pollux V, May 9, 2002.

?

Which universe would win?

1. Star Trek

227 vote(s)
    35.5%
  2. Star Wars

268 vote(s)
    41.9%
  3. Spaceballs

47 vote(s)
    7.3%
  4. Farscape

12 vote(s)
    1.9%
  5. Dune

50 vote(s)
    7.8%
  6. Stargate

36 vote(s)
    5.6%
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Saquist Banned Banned

I concur yet the length of time to prepare the weapon is unknown. Federation also no pursuing this line of technology. Preparation for subspace weapons were not apart of the Defiant or Sovereign projects.

The Federation has an enlighten sense of combat that does not resort to doomsday weaponry to defend it'self

2. Google AdSense Guest Advertisement

to hide all adverts.
  3. Saquist Banned Banned

What I do get is that Star Fleet does everything in 'good faith. Your behavior here has shown how you would view violating treaties with neighbor nations.

For...you...yes...honesty does equal...stupid.

4. Google AdSense Guest Advertisement

to hide all adverts.
  5. TW Scott Minister of Technology Registered Senior Member

Tricobalt devices were Primitive outdated weapons in TOS.

No, enlightened combat is using you rbiggest and best so that the battle is shortened and you do not waste your soldier's lives. The Tricobalt device did not endanger the Ocampa homeworld, thus one used against the borg would not have harmed earth. The ONLY reason not to us a WMD against a target like the Borg or Scimitar is that it would be of no use. The only reason such a device is not on every torpedo is the same one, that it would have no effect again 99.9% of your targets

6. Google AdSense Guest Advertisement

to hide all adverts.
  7. Saquist Banned Banned

Proof?

hardly

8. TW Scott Minister of Technology Registered Senior Member

You're the one who has your ships of the line carrying hideously illegal weapons in their armament as a general practice. I just look at it this was Tricobalts might not be outlawed becuase their effect is predictable, unlike other sub space weaponry.

Last edited: Jun 14, 2007
  9. Saquist Banned Banned

You're pathetic....really....

10. Saquist Banned Banned

Oh...@ Enterprise-D It turns out that I must give another correction. It was 20,000 Cochranes....It was 20,000 terracocranes...

I'm not sure if you had the preffix on you post. In other words 1,000 times twenty thousand Cochranes....

11. TW Scott Minister of Technology Registered Senior Member

Tricobalt torpedoes were first mentioned in TOS: "A Taste of Armageddon", and the appeared as rather crude, maybe old-fashioned weapons.

Tell you what we'll recruit soldiers. We can have all the equipment of the US military but we will be leaving out nukes. We'll age a war, bet you i win and with far fewer casulaties than you and still observe Geneva conventions.

12. Saquist Banned Banned

I know.

And i'm sure the term "indiscriminate justice" means nothing to you.

13. Kittamaru Ashes to ashes, dust to dust. Adieu, Sciforums. Valued Senior Member

If this was true, the USA would have used nuclear warfare on half the world by now...

14. Kittamaru Ashes to ashes, dust to dust. Adieu, Sciforums. Valued Senior Member

In TOS, TriCobalt "devices" were unrefined.

now, we have actual torpedo's with advanced zero point clean vacuumes able to twist the explosive into a seven dimensional matrix before ignition, exponentially increasing warhead yeild

Don't believe me? That's how a quantum torpedo works.

15. TW Scott Minister of Technology Registered Senior Member

No, you only use the weapon when you will be saving more lives then other means. Did you know that Hiroshima and Nagasaki forced the japanese to rethink their strategy. Instead of training everyone as a combatant they decided to surrender.

What is does mean is that you don't use a rifle platoon when a Tank would get it done better.

16. TW Scott Minister of Technology Registered Senior Member

Well if it is a real torpedo, why are they not used instead of photon torpedo, oh that is right shields make the thing useless.

As for the quantums, so what if they are improved they only seem 10 times as powerful as photons which would bring it to 250 tons

17. Lord Vasago bcd Registered Senior Member

If the weapon is controlable and there was no danger to earth I really would use it to defend earth from destruction or assimilation for that matter.
    treathy or no treathy. Better to launch on torpedo than loosing ships and people and still no assurence of victory. And I think ST would use it against SW. the question is would it have an effect.

18. Lord Vasago bcd Registered Senior Member

euh excuse me ? torpedo's are ineffective against cloaked ships?
    So what's the use of all this arguing about how powerfull they are?
    SW capital ships all have cloakdevices.
    as stated by the admiral when they lost the millenium falcon
    "A ship that small doesn't have a cloakdevice"

and yet ... SW battle is nose to nose. How long does it take for a torpedo to go in warp ?

19. Lord Vasago bcd Registered Senior Member

I know this maybe a stupid question but how many phasers can the best ship of the federation, fire at the same time ? and isn't the back of the belly a blind spot for phasers? i mean if you look at a typical ship of the federation, you may even have phasers on top and bottom of the saucer, how the hell do you fire against a ship or torpedo when it's comming under your back, without shooting your own hull apart?:shrug:

20. Kittamaru Ashes to ashes, dust to dust. Adieu, Sciforums. Valued Senior Member

*sighs* The Scimitar had a PERFECT cloak- no emissions of any type and barely any optical distortion. Torpedo's need something to lock onto, even if it's only guidance from the launching ship. Without that, they, obviously, won't hit whatever your shooting at.

The Enterprise-E was fighting blind until after the Scimitars Thalaron Cloak was disabled.

I HIGHLY doubt that Wars ships Have Thalaron cloaks...

21. Kittamaru Ashes to ashes, dust to dust. Adieu, Sciforums. Valued Senior Member

Easy Vasago- there are phasers mounted on the Nacell Pylons, the underbelly of the ship, the ventral and dorsal sections of the saucer, etc.

Watch Voyager- you see em firing from god knows all over the place!

My favorite is the aforementioned AssCannon(tm)

It's a rapidfire photon torpedo launcher the Ent-D had mounted JUST below the secondary shuttle bay... quite literally on the "ass" of the ship. Just below that is a rear firing phaser strip with a 180* arc around the rear of the ship.

22. Kittamaru Ashes to ashes, dust to dust. Adieu, Sciforums. Valued Senior Member

Shields don't make it useless. Dear me, what gave you that idea?

Oh, yeah, you're CLINICAL! You deserve to be institutionalized for your sense of "reality" if you could even call it that.

They aren't USED because

1) They are EXTREMELY volatile and have the nasty side effect of creating the occasional subspace tear.

2) They are KIND OF ILLEGAL

3) Most captains like their job, thank you very much.

23. Lord Vasago bcd Registered Senior Member

oh I see, I did't notice voyager had a asscanon. thx for the info.

Please Register or Log in to view the hidden image!

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.