Star Wars vs Star Trek

Discussion in 'SciFi & Fantasy' started by Pollux V, May 9, 2002.

?

Which universe would win?

1. Star Trek

227 vote(s)
    35.5%
  2. Star Wars

268 vote(s)
    41.9%
  3. Spaceballs

47 vote(s)
    7.3%
  4. Farscape

12 vote(s)
    1.9%
  5. Dune

50 vote(s)
    7.8%
  6. Stargate

36 vote(s)
    5.6%
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. George1 Registered Senior Member

Apocalypse2001 thinks he knows better than the thousands of scientist who agree that time exists!

2. Google AdSense Guest Advertisement

to hide all adverts.
  3. George1 Registered Senior Member

[/QUOTE]
    ans why are you talking with YOU instead of US!?

4. Google AdSense Guest Advertisement

to hide all adverts.
  5. Apocalypse2001 System Lord Registered Senior Member

What evidence?! look around you man! We don't have ANYTHING that measures what you call time! Clocks DO NOT measure time. The only objective reference of a clock, is another clock! Ther is only the here and now.

What I'm talking about is not fiction. If you continue to think with human constructs, and continue to think in simple terms and using those simple terms to describe something abstract, you will never understand what I'm trying to tell you. The very fact that we are using human words, especially something primative like english, proves that you can't explain abstract ideas in this manner.
    Asking for prove is the minds way of saying "no". Also you can't explain something that exists outside of so called space/time by using science that is based on things INSIDE our universe. You should understand the logic of THAT!

6. Google AdSense Guest Advertisement

to hide all adverts.
  7. Apocalypse2001 System Lord Registered Senior Member

It's the only way as long as we continue to think we are nothing but meat robots.

Understanding doesn't come from just coorporeal proof. Science is limited. Just like the known universe is limited. Just like the mortal mind. I'm not saying I completely understand the ideas I mentioned before, but I understand a portion of it. And will continue to understand as long as I ignore the "no no no" that my mind continuously presents.

and i was talking about TIME not the movement of the planets. The movement of the planets is not proof of past and future.

8. Apocalypse2001 System Lord Registered Senior Member

Yeah but you are very young AND atheist. And you are not willing to accept or even understand anything else besides simple science -- which is limited. The measurments are only approximations.

The very fact that you think that what I am saying is an insult, shows that you are not willing to enlighten yourself!

9. Dywyddyr Penguinaciously duckalicious. Valued Senior Member

Really? What do you think they do?

Wrong.

Unsupported belief.

Yes it is.

You're missing the point: YOU TOO also think with human constructs.

And now you're also spouting more nonsense: English is no more primitive than any other language.

As opposed to just believing with no supporting evidence whatsoever? My, you do have strange standards...

I do understand the logic, unfortunately it cannot be shown at all that there is anything outside space/ time. There is no evidence, no way of gathering evidence and nothing whatsoever to support the belief that there is. Maybe you shouldn't be talking about "logic" at all since you seem to have such a poor grasp of it.

10. George1 Registered Senior Member

ever heard of ATOMIC CLOCKS?they use the natural vibration
    of atoms to measure time!
    hello,we are not in the 24th century for you to talk like this!!
    what evidence do you have for all this?? just fucking show it!

what the fuck? and you claim you know science???
    science is all base on prof, not belief!
    what you are saying is no longer science fiction or any other type of science,
    it is the basics of religion: you believe it and that's that!

lats time,PROVE YOU'LL CLAIMS!

11. Dywyddyr Penguinaciously duckalicious. Valued Senior Member

We have no other way that we can think.

Really? Where does understanding come from?

Nope, you don't "understand" at all: you believe. There's a crucial difference.

Please Register or Log in to view the hidden image!

Wow, you're even more clueless than I thought.

12. Apocalypse2001 System Lord Registered Senior Member

ans why are you talking with YOU instead of US!?[/QUOTE]

because i was talking TO him, not ABOUT him. (First person singular, not plural). Now you are just making rediculous comments. This is a sci-fi forum, not grammer school.

13. Dywyddyr Penguinaciously duckalicious. Valued Senior Member

Because the point was that YOU TOO are human (as are we all) and subject to human thought patterns: you cannot think any other way.

14. Apocalypse2001 System Lord Registered Senior Member

1) no other WAY!?! of course we have other ways!

2) Understanding comes from not limiting yourself with mathematical constructs

3) No I don't 'believe'. Belief implies that you are unsure. I AM. Though not completely. Obviously I'm not a God.

4) Clueless!? how can I be clueless!? Alright you thingk that time exists. Prove it. But do it without using mathematical constructs. Can you? I don't think you can. What I'm talking about is BEYOND human logic. If we met in person I could show you part of what I mean. Typing is useless. :/

15. Apocalypse2001 System Lord Registered Senior Member

Yes I understood. I was only making a correcton.

if you think that we are only mechanical bodies, you are limiting yourself too much. Even scientists admit that there are somethings that science can't "prove".

16. razordude ouch. Registered Senior Member

why don't we continue this in a new thread about it not in a starwars vs startrek thread why doesn't one of us just start it i don't know how to so yeahh someone else has to

17. Dywyddyr Penguinaciously duckalicious. Valued Senior Member

No we don't. We are human, therefore we think in human ways.

In other words you're waffling...

1) Belief does NOT imply that you are unsure.
    2) By stating that you're not completely sure doesn't that mean that there's an element of uncertainty? I.e. "unsureness"? In other words you made a statement and then directly refuted it in the following sentence. Way to go.

By making nonsensical claims.

Oops, wrong: YOU made the initial claim (that time doesn't exist), so it's up to you to prove your claim.

If it's beyong human logic then, by defintion, it's beyond you too. In other words you're making MORE nonsensical claims.

You mean you can't back up your ridiculous claim? Thought so...

Try reading through some threads in Pseudoscience, every now and again we get crackpots that make the same claim (time doesn't exist). Like you not one of them has offered anything even close to a viable rationale for such an unsubstantiated belief.

18. Apocalypse2001 System Lord Registered Senior Member

there would no put to make a thread about this..because we are limited to typing. It's too limited. Not to mention too slow :/

19. razordude ouch. Registered Senior Member

well science can prove all things we just need to adjust our technigues and approaches to the problems.

20. Dywyddyr Penguinaciously duckalicious. Valued Senior Member

Good point RD, Pseudoscience would be the best place (unless Apocalypse wants to read through some of the old threads on the subject first (no point going over old crackpot stuff for the umpteenth time...)

21. razordude ouch. Registered Senior Member

so that way we can just talk about this instead of tying up another thread with it and we are typing now aren't we?

22. razordude ouch. Registered Senior Member

i'll be back in a sec

23. George1 Registered Senior Member

that's what you thunk, but it dose not make it true!
    no one said NO NO NO, al we said is that you need prof for it!WHERE IS IT?

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.