Star Wars vs Star Trek

Discussion in 'SciFi & Fantasy' started by Pollux V, May 9, 2002.

?

Which universe would win?

1. Star Trek

227 vote(s)
    35.5%
  2. Star Wars

268 vote(s)
    41.9%
  3. Spaceballs

47 vote(s)
    7.3%
  4. Farscape

12 vote(s)
    1.9%
  5. Dune

50 vote(s)
    7.8%
  6. Stargate

36 vote(s)
    5.6%
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Kittamaru Ashes to ashes, dust to dust. Adieu, Sciforums. Valued Senior Member

I give up on this fucking idiot...

Creators ST doesn't have BORG? Or 8472? Uh, excuse ME, but Star Trek, as a SERIES, includes:

TOS, TNG, DS9, Voy, Ent

Those are all direct from Paramount, who was given explicate permission by Gene to do as they wished. Upon his death, creative rights passed to PARAMOUNT.

Until Lucas dies and makes the fanboys like yourself the one in charge, tough shit. You loose. End. Fine'.

2. Google AdSense Guest Advertisement

to hide all adverts.
  3. TW Scott Minister of Technology Registered Senior Member

Actually as we have seen every cloaked vessel still reacts to and produced it's own gravity it sure as hell is.

Last edited: May 4, 2008
  4. Google AdSense Guest Advertisement

to hide all adverts.
  5. Kittamaru Ashes to ashes, dust to dust. Adieu, Sciforums. Valued Senior Member

Scott, you are active... answer my damn post you dimwitted fool... or concede that you have lost.

I'd like you to quote ONE example of him "backing it up" with more than supposition...

We have provided cold hard FACTS stating the opposite...

Good example: Neutronium

Star Trek Neutronium is immune to phasers/torpedoes/transporters/sensors
    Star Trek Neutronium is found naturally ONLY in the core of a Neutron Star
    Star Trek Neutronium is SUPERDENSE to the point a teaspoon of it dropped on your head would CRUSH YOU
    Star Trek Neutronium DETERIORATES outside of the immense gravity of a Neutron Star without some powerful way to hold it together (Dyson Sphere, Doomsday machines)
    Star Trek Neutronium: Exists in an environment that would crush a human being to a pulp
    Star Trek Neutronium is impervious to stellar debris, and can withstand impact with planets (Yes, if a Neutron Star hit a planet, bye bye planet...)

Star Wars "neutronium" is supposedly used in Durasteel
    Star Wars "neutronium" was found on a moon that Han Solo was able to WALK ON
    Star Wars "neutronium", Han was able to pick up a decent sized chunk of without effort
    Star Wars "neutronium" is not impervious to stellar debris like Asteroids

Star Wars "neutronium", thus, is NOT Star Trek Neutronium. Thus, Star Wars "neutronium" cannot be said to be impervious to phasers/sensors/et al because we have no idea WHAT the hell it really is! As it's weak enough for a hand blaster (that only singes human flesh) to SCORCH, we can doubly confirm this fact.

There, that is a PROOF. Read it. Weep. Hate me more. But you LOOSE. GOOD DAY SIR!

6. Google AdSense Guest Advertisement

to hide all adverts.
  7. Kittamaru Ashes to ashes, dust to dust. Adieu, Sciforums. Valued Senior Member

Answer this scott... if you dare

8. SkywalkerJedi アスラン・ザラ ( Athrun "Alex" Zala ) Registered Senior Member

Yes it did, I have a list of books that inclued Errant Venture, you find it I forgot.

X-wing: The Bacta War
    X-wing: Isard's Revenge
    I, Jedi
    Specter of the Past
    Vision of the Future
    Star Wars: Union
    Survivor's Quest
    Edge of Victory I: Conquest
    Edge of Victory II: Rebirth
    Star by Star
    Enemy Lines I: Rebel Dream
    Enemy Lines II: Rebel Stand
    Destiny's Way
    The Final Prophecy
    The Unifying Force
    Exile
    Fury

Distraction is very important.

Overestimation, it is a usual charateristic in Imperial commanders

Concussion missiles use Hypermatter which is not matter.

It also have the same charaterstics as blaster bolts execpt it is stronger.

9. TW Scott Minister of Technology Registered Senior Member

Hey idiot, it's just proof you can't play the creator card. Lucas has said specifically that he only controls the movies and they are only part of the universe. The movie is Lucas's story set in this wide open universe. He let's Lucasfilm Ltd decide what's canon for everything except his movies. So this is no different than what Paramount now does for gene, except George was smart enough to do it while he is still breathing.

For once and all, if ST people claim that George said this or George said that point out we can go by the strictest thing Gene said if we want. If they want to ignore how George lets Lucasfilm handle canon then they must ignore how Gene handed control over to two very specific people at Paramount. What cripples one side muct be applied to the other.

10. Saquist Banned Banned

I don't think Scott will answer you.
    He must know this is true. He already knows the facts because he's been told many time before.

If he were to make the same reasonable acertations concerning the "laser" issue with Star Wars he'd be able to immediately objectively recognize the problem with relating these to metals as similar. Yet, on this occasion he's acting as though this isn't the same class of misnomer which motivated him to cancel canon from George Lucas and assign the word "laser" to many anything but a laser.

It's a contradiction in thinking commonly known as hipocrisy.

11. SkywalkerJedi アスラン・ザラ ( Athrun "Alex" Zala ) Registered Senior Member

I have plenty of times. I provided proof for swamp troopers, and more. EU is canon, I proved this plenty of times. Scott, it is no use to argue with Kittamaru, he keep posting the same crap that people disproved plenty of times.

12. SkywalkerJedi アスラン・ザラ ( Athrun "Alex" Zala ) Registered Senior Member

Thank you, somebody finally said it.

13. SkywalkerJedi アスラン・ザラ ( Athrun "Alex" Zala ) Registered Senior Member

Then why it is also called Blaster Cannon?
    Same things diffrent names.

14. TW Scott Minister of Technology Registered Senior Member

Easy, since EU came with no visuals I do not have to provide them. I would make the same statement for any episode of Star Trek that that did not contain any visuals.

Geez one would think you could do better.

I will also point out that a typical Photon torpedo is ~20 isotons. Planets have been hit with dozens of them with no apreciable effect. Riker once commented that it would take every Torpedo the Enterprise D had to destroy a 5km hollow asteroid. Then we are supposed to believe 84 isotons is enough to destroy a planet. Yeah, right. I knew you ST debaters were desperate , but damn.

Last edited: May 4, 2008
  15. Saquist Banned Banned

The books I've highlighted blue I have read.
    They included the Errant Venture but not the firepower statements that you are claiming as Trek Worthy.

It is a tactic.
    Yet irrelevant to the discussion of firepower.

Overestimating an opponent means to assign them greater abilites than is necessary. You might mean Underestimating. Overestimating is never used in relation to one's one abilities. The appropriate word would be Over Confident or Arrogant.

I require source work for that statement.

How is that important as regards to what the weapon is labeled?

16. Saquist Banned Banned

Where is a laser called a blaster cannon?

17. Flectarn Unregistered User Registered Senior Member

The bridge shields were the only shields that were on.[/QUOTE]

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=TGMvadAFqLQ&feature=related

~8:20 2 fighters destroy a large dome on the executer's bridge with "lasers", iright afterward a crew member announces the shield is down... then it gets hit by the A-wing, and crashes. The question of course is... how were they able to shoot the dome if the shields were up before that... and why did they go down afterwards.

Please Register or Log in to view the hidden image!

http://www.theforce.net/SWTC/towers.html

Fighters are clearly capable of more than harrasing an ISD... other wise they either wouldn't be used or the destroyer wouldn't be concerned about them.

I'm not sure we've seen a concussion missile in action (on screen).. can you point me in the direction of one? only missiles i can really think of are the attack on the ds1 (proton torpedoes) and in the phantom menace when the shield generator in the trade fed battleships hanger gets destroyed (unspecified projectile or pulse(?) weapon, which was a pretty unimpressive detonation)

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=R6eVw8CIKns

~0:50

18. Saquist Banned Banned

Don't jump on that ban wagon, SJ.
    Scott is wrong.
    Lucas controls everything. He dictates and delegates everything. The company is called Lucasfilm.

Star Trek is owned by Paramount. It will always be Paramount unless Paramount sells it. The company is called Paramount Studios not...Roddenberry Studios. Roddenberr may have been the creator but he doesn't get 100% say over his work like Lucas does.

That is a big difference.

19. SkywalkerJedi アスラン・ザラ ( Athrun "Alex" Zala ) Registered Senior Member

Some are hypermatter some are weird elements.

It is not truly laser.

20. SkywalkerJedi アスラン・ザラ ( Athrun "Alex" Zala ) Registered Senior Member

Too many to list.
    Edit: Yuuzhan Vong Hunter laser cannons are called blater cannons, so is AT-AT's and AT-STs.

21. Saquist Banned Banned

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=TGMvadAFqLQ&feature=related

~8:20 2 fighters destroy a large dome on the executer's bridge with "lasers", iright afterward a crew member announces the shield is down... then it gets hit by the A-wing, and crashes. The question of course is... how were they able to shoot the dome if the shields were up before that... and why did they go down afterwards.

Please Register or Log in to view the hidden image!

http://www.theforce.net/SWTC/towers.html

Fighters are clearly capable of more than harrasing an ISD... other wise they either wouldn't be used or the destroyer wouldn't be concerned about them.

I'm not sure we've seen a concussion missile in action (on screen).. can you point me in the direction of one? only missiles i can really think of are the attack on the ds1 (proton torpedoes) and in the phantom menace when the shield generator in the trade fed battleships hanger gets destroyed (unspecified projectile or pulse(?) weapon, which was a pretty unimpressive detonation)

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=R6eVw8CIKns

~0:50[/QUOTE]

Good points Flectarn.
    SJ, this is why harrasment tactics are irrelevant to the conversation. I struggle to understand why you bring it up. Obviously this was not harrasment.

A concussion missle is seen being fired by the Falcon to destroy the Death Star reactor.

22. Saquist Banned Banned

yuuzahn Vong don't use technology

AT's and AT-STs are only called Blasters in the EU and the movies never say.

23. Kittamaru Ashes to ashes, dust to dust. Adieu, Sciforums. Valued Senior Member

I'm NOT ASKING YOU

GodDAMN kid, shut up already!

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.