Star Wars vs Star Trek

Discussion in 'SciFi & Fantasy' started by Pollux V, May 9, 2002.

?

Which universe would win?

1. Star Trek

227 vote(s)
    35.5%
  2. Star Wars

268 vote(s)
    41.9%
  3. Spaceballs

47 vote(s)
    7.3%
  4. Farscape

12 vote(s)
    1.9%
  5. Dune

50 vote(s)
    7.8%
  6. Stargate

36 vote(s)
    5.6%
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. antaran_1979 Registered Senior Member

agreed they would probably side with the Federation.

2. Google AdSense Guest Advertisement

to hide all adverts.
  3. SkywalkerJedi アスラン・ザラ ( Athrun "Alex" Zala ) Registered Senior Member

And Yes the new republic is in the movies, they are the reble alliance.

4. Google AdSense Guest Advertisement

to hide all adverts.
  5. antaran_1979 Registered Senior Member

the old republic did not had an army untill right before its conversion to an empire during the clone wars. and their aclamators were dfinitly underpowered compared to the ISDs.

6. Google AdSense Guest Advertisement

to hide all adverts.
  7. SkywalkerJedi アスラン・ザラ ( Athrun "Alex" Zala ) Registered Senior Member

i agree they will. you are forgetting the CIS, Grand army of the republic, sith, Empire and Yuzhann Vong

8. SkywalkerJedi アスラン・ザラ ( Athrun "Alex" Zala ) Registered Senior Member

Yes they did, they just have a army thats too small to defend the republic, what do you think they fought with during the hyperspace war, great sith wars .ect

9. antaran_1979 Registered Senior Member

now even i know something more than that. the rebel aliance will eventualy (in th EU) turn into the New Republic. i love SW games (like Jedi Knight Games and XW VS TF), but the battle betwean the Remnant and the New Republic has no support in the final version of the movies.

10. antaran_1979 Registered Senior Member

nope, they clearly state in AoTC that the republic has no standind army. if they ever had it in the past, they must have disbanded it.

11. SkywalkerJedi アスラン・ザラ ( Athrun "Alex" Zala ) Registered Senior Member

well star wars vs star trek is a pointless argument bacause most of star wars's organziations is not gonna star the war either is the federation. i got in to it because it is fun.

12. SkywalkerJedi アスラン・ザラ ( Athrun "Alex" Zala ) Registered Senior Member

ya, they did but each system have an army and they can reform it. personally i think star trek is better than most Si-Fi movies.

13. SkywalkerJedi アスラン・ザラ ( Athrun "Alex" Zala ) Registered Senior Member

but i think Star Wars is better personally

14. antaran_1979 Registered Senior Member

yup i agree!
    that is why i started my posts with an extrimely limited scenario, Empire VS Federation. me and Saquist reached a conclusion that the Empire can win if they menage to launch a sneek attack on Earth and other crucial wordls, while the Federation can win if they defend lon enough for the Empire to colapse on its own.

15. SkywalkerJedi アスラン・ザラ ( Athrun "Alex" Zala ) Registered Senior Member

i try to limit it to kinglion or other ST empires vs Republic, or CIS, Yuzhang vong, Empire vs All from star trek

16. SkywalkerJedi アスラン・ザラ ( Athrun "Alex" Zala ) Registered Senior Member

federation might be able to defend the empire long enough for the rebles to beat the empire,because the empire already got its hands full. i am stongly a Republic fan. Anyways empire might mistaken federation as rebles so they will depoly the death star, so there is no battle of yavin so rebles wouldn't win. so the death star will destory vulcan and earth( sorry fellow humans ).

Last edited: Mar 21, 2008
  17. SkywalkerJedi アスラン・ザラ ( Athrun "Alex" Zala ) Registered Senior Member

the galactic empire is not good without vader,Thrawn and the troops left over from the republic

Last edited: Mar 21, 2008
  18. SkywalkerJedi アスラン・ザラ ( Athrun "Alex" Zala ) Registered Senior Member

death squdron and the open circle fleet are the best fleets they can easily defeat starfleet

19. antaran_1979 Registered Senior Member

starfleet is an institution. it is composed of multiple fleets. as to who would win, we can't say. we don't get to see death squdron and the open circle fleet in action. without direct observation i can't estemate their efectivness.

20. SkywalkerJedi アスラン・ザラ ( Athrun "Alex" Zala ) Registered Senior Member

Open Circle Fleet is in action at the battle of coruscant seen in revenge of the Sith, they were up aginst the main fleet of the CIS. Death Squdron is seen at the return of the jedi, but they were only using the TIEs so i dont think that counts as fighting in action.

21. SkywalkerJedi アスラン・ザラ ( Athrun "Alex" Zala ) Registered Senior Member

Starfleet is composed of alot of systems in the federation, but open circle and death squdron are not they are from a single navy

22. antaran_1979 Registered Senior Member

ah those fleets. well their performance is not clear. one is a siedge and the othe is an ambush. while the fleet in Revenge of the Sith showed no considerable weaknesse (ecsept for aperant technolgical lag), the fleet in RoTJ did nor quite shine. they were suposed to stop the rebel fleet from escaping but were paying heavy casulties even to their capital ships.

23. SkywalkerJedi アスラン・ザラ ( Athrun "Alex" Zala ) Registered Senior Member

i think that fleets from a single navy is better because of their unity, and they only serve one navy. as to federation, federation is not a conuntry, it is a alliance like the CIS but CIS is more organized.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.