Prophecies

Discussion in 'Eastern Philosophy' started by Canute, Oct 28, 2003.

1. Weiser_Dub Registered Senior Member

P.S. I always thought an iron horse was a bike

2. Google AdSense Guest Advertisement

to hide all adverts.
  3. Ozymandias Unregistered User Registered Senior Member

It could be interpreted either way..as someone said a few posts up, I think 'horse' just symbolizes transportation. A bike could be an 'iron horse on wheels,' -- it's all up to your inferration.

4. Google AdSense Guest Advertisement

to hide all adverts.
  5. one_raven God is a Chinese Whisper Valued Senior Member

Neither did I, but an article that was posted on this site has made me, at least, revisit the idea and reconsider my immediate response of rejecting it out of the box.

An excerpt:
    Article

I don't necessarily agree with the author's "Memory And Morphogenetic Fields" interpretation of the experimental results, but the results themselves, at the very least, lend some validity to Jung's "Collective Unconcious" theory.

6. Google AdSense Guest Advertisement

to hide all adverts.
  7. kmguru Staff Member

8. grover Registered Senior Member

It's also interesting when you think of the fact that Columbus himself mistook AMerica for India.

9. Ozymandias Unregistered User Registered Senior Member

kmguru, I think that many other people have been to America before Columbus. Leif Erickson comes to mind, and I think some Chinese also made it there. I don't doubt that Tibetans could have also made it there, though my internet is spazzing out right now and I can't check the link. Alas.

10. kmguru Staff Member

I was watching the discovery channel one time and they were talking about humans migrating to America via the bering strait 40,000 years ago.

BTW: there is a bering strait group that wants to build a tunnel at the cost of I think $6 billion for trade and commerce which could be cheaper than through ships.

11. Ozymandias Unregistered User Registered Senior Member

But that's a lonnnng time ago -- I meant a bit more recent discovery than 40,000 years.

12. Canute Registered Senior Member

America was not uninhabited when Columbus arrived.

13. malaki Registered Member

This thread is really interesting to me.
    My father is Tibetan and my mother is part Irish part arab (berber). I have been amongst many native mexicans , columbians and "mestizo"(mix of native american and european) people of south america and you wouldnt be able to tell me apart infact i look more south american than many south americans . The amount of times i have been spoke to in spanish is amazing. I never know what to say!
    then i look at some of the "purer" native americans i have seen (andes natives) and look at some of my tibetan family members and friends in nepal and india and you would not be able to tell the difference no matter how hard you tried.

I would love to have my dna tested and see if indeed we do share the same recent ancestors (10000 to 1000 years). I also have a strange feeling of brotherhood amongst mestizo and native american people which is more than just skin deep and i cannot explain.

The prophecy of guru rimpoche( padasambhava) and the hopi people is so similar i firmly believe tibetans and native americans are bruthers. I just look at it this way - the difference being the same as an african american in the usa and an african in lets say nigeria. the similarities in the ancient bon-po religion of tibet(shamanism) before buddhism and native american religion is striking. Almost like catholics and protestants- they bothworship nature, the sun, moon, earth spirits and animal spirits. If you study these two ancient religions the similarities are undeniable.

my 2 cents

blessings

14. kmguru Staff Member

Welcome malaki to sciforums.

If one vists India from North to South and East to west, you will find various races blended together but remain certain features that are so distinct that same features can be found in New Mexico, Mexico South America and of course Africa. Some of the features can be seen in scandinavian countries except the skin color or absense there of.

So, wherever and whenever civilization started, they must have started in one major area and they moved out to all over the world many thousand years ago to as recent as Buddha's time 600 BC or 100 AD....

15. malaki Registered Member

Thanks bruther blessings 2 u.
    i have hard time finding a senseof identity in india even amongst "pure" tibetans who do not consder me a pure tibetan but amongst south americans i am considered a bruther. this is really strange to me perhaps it is also the moorish blood on my mothers side.
    I knwo race is unimportant for we are all made of the earth imo but it is reassuring to me to have a sense of identity among the mestizo people. I grew up in india and was refereed to as "gurkha" and "watchman" since an early age and also not considered a "pure" or "true" tibetan amongst family members. Its like meeting bruthers from other mothers.

India is held in awe by mnay western people for its spirtuality but it is one of the most "racist" nations on earth i assure you. it has several thousand years of spiritual wealth but materialism has corrupted it just go to bombay and you will see.only amongs a few true sages do these ancient truths still survive. The sanata dharma as they call it the true and first religion. I am lucky thanks to god to have found a great guru. her holiness amma. for which i am ever gratefull. sorry i am rambling on off topic.

but anyway blessings to all
    and may god, happiness and truth be youre life.

Last edited: Feb 7, 2007
  16. zenbabelfish autonomous hyperreal sophist Registered Senior Member

17. zenbabelfish autonomous hyperreal sophist Registered Senior Member

There's an interesting Hopi legend about the day the Earth stopped spinning and rotated the other way...haven't verified this.

I used to get emails from Hopi Elders: The time is approaching. Where is your garden? Where is your water? type of thing....there's a lot in this prophecy malarky...will send tales soon.

18. kmguru Staff Member

It really does not matter ...for ...

"You are a child of the universe,
    no less than the trees and the stars;
    you have a right to be here.
    And whether or not it is clear to you,
    no doubt the universe is unfolding as it should." - Desiderata

When I get lightly depressed and have difficulty placing myself in this Universe, I listen to that song which centers me more than any slokas, chants, recitals out there....

19. lightgigantic Banned Banned

not all prophecies are so difficult to comprehend

SB 12.3.32: Cities will be dominated by thieves, the Vedas will be contaminated by speculative interpretations of atheists, political leaders will virtually consume the citizens, and the so-called priests and intellectuals will be devotees of their bellies and genitals.

Please Register or Log in to view the hidden image!

20. Lovemark Registered Member

When one is tuned into the Spirit, one can hear ANYTHING. You might not know what the words even mean, or you can ask for meaning later and you will probably get it. The red faced man is American Indian. Padmasambhava is very special.

21. lightgigantic Banned Banned

Terry has had the experience that you speak of

Please Register or Log in to view the hidden image!

22. wellwisher Banned Banned

Let me attempt to translate using collective human symbolism. A bird in symbolism is similar to an intuition. Blue sky research is not fully tangible. The theory is in the air or mind, but not yet connected to tangible knowledge.

The metal iron has a connection to war (Mars). The iron age was about a new metal for swords and weapons that could slice through bronze. Together, an intuition of war or conflict which is not yet tangible, But it is in the air when the bird flies.

The horse is symbolic of our animal side or instincts. Horses symbolize instincts that are domesticated and under the control of a rider (will). The wheel is a symbol of the inner self, it is round, self contained and it radiates from a center to the perimeter or conscious mind. Picture an almost instinctive drive, which pushes the will to push their instincts. What comes to mind is a skill warrior with complete body control who is now unconsciously driven. The warrior senses war and is about to ignite his armies.

The Tibetan people scattered like ants across the world seems to suggest smallness and dissociation with respect to the enemy they will face. The horse on the wheel is very powerful.

The Dharma will come to the land of the red faced people; The face is sort of the mask for the conscious mind. It is connected to the persona. The color red has to do with emotions. The red faced people would wear their feelings on their face. Together, eastern people are often stoic. But the dissociation of their culture will a different type of persona with emotions.

I looked up this after i finished to test myself;

23. wellwisher Banned Banned

I learned collective human symbolism by reading the collective works of Carl Jung. He taught about the collective unconscious and tried to prove his thesis by showing how certain symbolic types are common to all culture,s even those who never had any direct contact. This is because the symbolism is generated by the collective unconscious, which is turn, is based on human DNA. The DNA aspect I threw in.

Collective human symbolism is based on types and not specifics. There is more than one way to symbolize the same thing. The eastern specific would be different from western specific, but since both use the same types (archetypes), translation is similar.

After reading about half the books of Jung and learning a lot about collective human symbolism, the next step for me, was to see if I could gain my own direct data from my own unconscious mind. If he was correct I thought since I am human I should be able to generate data. It seemed logical and would give me proof. I was about 90% convinced but needed hard data.

This was done initially by remembering and recording dreams and then analyzing them as best I could. What I found is after a few months, the characters of my dreams began to change away from objects and people in my direct world, into collective symbols. Instead of a female you may have noticed in passing ,now it was a queen. The idea for the data collection, was to be as conscious as I could in dreams, so I could notice as much detail as possible.

After a few more months an effect called synchronicity or meaningful coincidence also began to occur. I remember one week I would have dreams of symbols, I never saw before, and then the next day read about them in the Jung book I was reading, right where I had left off, but had not yet read. The normal cause and effect was backwards with respect first dream symbols and then obscure book symbols. This was a cool experience but hard to explain.

The most memorable collective unconscious synchronicity was a nightmare I had with some intense symbols that were very scary. I woke myself up only to see the walls of my room breathing. I was half awake and still half in the dream. My mind and body appeared to dissociate, with my body, in shear terror, but my mind was more calm still trying to observe data. But soon my body was distracting my mind with the fear. As an analogy, I was like a rider on a horse, with my horse (body) wanting to run away but the rider (mind) trying to keep him there. I was able to calm my animal body with a prayer. Irrational events called for irrational measures. This is when I realized I had a sword (reason) and shield (prayer) and was not afraid. I went back to sleep, to see how it ended, but nothing more was added.

The next day I felt like my personality had been shattered. I walked in this gray emotionless funk for days. That first morning a large colorful beetle landed over my front door. He was real but also a synchronistic symbol. As a symbol he would represent a symbol of protection so nothing could enter my house. He stayed over my doors for days until my head cleared, then I saw him fly away. After that I was not afraid to go deeper. The collective unconscious had become inside out and was touching the natural world. Weird but good data.