Afghanistan - What is the objective?

Discussion in 'World Events' started by StrawDog, Mar 11, 2009.

1. StrawDog disseminated primatemaia Valued Senior Member

Um.
    1. The Taliban have not declared war on anyone.
    2. Like hell the Taliban can be equated to the Germans and French. The Taliban are Afghan, not foreign invaders.
    3. You are not making ANY headway in Afghanistan, best you TRY hearts and minds.

2. Google AdSense Guest Advertisement

to hide all adverts.
  3. ShredMetalBlues Words Laced with Blasphemy Registered Senior Member

Why is the objective? Well, as a US citizen, I see US occupation of Afghanistan as a sick fraud, a cover story used to get oil out of the Caspian Sea. Halliburton is making an obscene amount of money out of the deal so that could be part of it too.

Do you have any sources for that? I'm not doubting you, that's just an extremely frightening thought. If there is any evidence of this...

Please Register or Log in to view the hidden image!

I'm gonna freak out.

4. Google AdSense Guest Advertisement

to hide all adverts.
  5. quadraphonics Bloodthirsty Barbarian Valued Senior Member

Could have fooled me.

Except for the ones that aren't. A great many of them are Pakistanis (unsurprising given the Pashtun orientation of the Taliban, and the Pashtun demographics of Pakistan), and many others are foreign recruits.

6. Google AdSense Guest Advertisement

to hide all adverts.
  7. S.A.M. uniquely dreadful Valued Senior Member

They don't recognise borders either you're Pashtun or you're not. I'll take a bet the Taliban doesn't have too many foreign recruits.

8. StrawDog disseminated primatemaia Valued Senior Member

That was a bit loose. I mean as in officially declared war against the West.

SAM answered the second part.

9. GeoffP Caput gerat lupinum Valued Senior Member

Destroyed?

How long did it take to find Saddam, of all people?

Again, you're not making any sense.

Well, I find it objectionable. One might opine that the "n-word" only applies to a certain economic class of African-Americans; this, too, would be wrong. Certainly as a Mohammedan you can appreciate that?

In which context? As part of what munitions package? Which other nations use similar equipment?

So soldiers can lie. Thanks.

:shrug: Cole's motivations are well known. Should I ignore them? He isn't an unbiased source. I wonder what you would say about anyone with similar economic complicity on the other side of the fence.

Well, I don't really wonder.

One wonders why.

10. Arsalan Registered Senior Member

Saddam was captured the same year the invasion started.

The n-word stems from a period where black people were slaves and treated like sub humans. The word I used is not associated with a similar history for white people. However, If it means this much to you, I guess I can resist calling her that. Ill just call her a moron from now on then.

Thats not the point. The point is that WP was used against a population that was caged in and had nowhere to go. There is evidence of it being used against hospitals and school.

Just like high military command

Coles motivations are to present news of the Middle East from their original sources and not to rely on interpretation of that news from sources who havent even read the news or the original source, a la the "Wipe Israel from the face of the Earth" lie. Hes a brilliant blogger and the bane of right wing bloggers.

11. GeoffP Caput gerat lupinum Valued Senior Member

With far more men, far more resources and a general dearth of experience hiding in holes.

Thank you.

"Caged in" implies they were packed into a barrel for this purpose. I don't believe this is the case.

Then the statement of the soldiers itself is insufficient to prove your case. Extraordinary claims require extraordinary evidence.

Cole provides his own slant on the news. In this case at least he appears naive.

12. DiamondHearts Registered Senior Member

We aren't talking about Afghanistan. We are talking about Pakistan. Not only does Pakistan have one of the largest and most well-disciplined armies in Asia, Pakistan indigenously manufactures tanks such as the Al-Khalid tank, helicopters, and the JF-17 fighter jet (developed by Pakistan and China jointly), which is basically the latest Sukhoi. Pakistan is a nuclear armed state, with the capacity to deliver, it can also arm wits jets with nuclear warheads. Not to mention it can rely on a seemingly limitless supply of well-trained tribal warriors. Not to mention, Pakistan is an ally of China, who in any case of war between the US and Pakistan, will step in.

Any invasion of Pakistan is World War III. Obama doesn't understand that Pakistan, by itself can obliterate all of America's allies in Asia and in the Middle East if pushed to the brink, most notably Israel and India. Yet Obama, like Bush before, seem to violating Pakistan's territorial integrity daily, killing scores of its civilians.

Completely correct. The Middle East contains the majority of known oil fields today, but once this resource is depleted in this region, the next major source of petroleum is the Caspian and the Central Asian republics, who incidentally happen to be Muslim as well. This war is just beginning. America's new focus will be Afghanistan, Pakistan, and the Central Asian Turkic states. Kyrgyzstan has already forced US troops out of its territory, because it claimed these troops were destabilizing the country. The US wants a foothold in Afghanistan to launch attacks into Turkmenistan, Uzbekistan, and Kazakhstan. No doubt the US also wants to support Georgia and limit Russians influence in Southern Caucasus.

I listened to an interview from the Taliban Foreign Minister Syed Rahmatullah Hashmi. Furthermore, according to the government of Afghanistan, interest was forbidden for the consumption of the state, thus IMF or World Bank with its oppressive interest rates would never pass in their government council (majlid e shura). I believe you might be able to find some interviews by him in english on Al Jazeera, and Truthseekers' websites.

Simply false, the Taliban are a decentralized organization with all its high level officers, commanders, and government officials being Afghanis. the Pukhtoon are the majority demographic in Afghanistan, thus it follows they gain support from this populace, especially as the Northern Alliance is anti-Pukhtoon and known for burning many Pukhtoon villages to the group and massacring thousands of Pukhtoon civilians. the Taliban emerged as a group during the civil wars to protect their Pukhtoon people from genocide by Northern Alliance (whom the US backs today), most of whom are Tajiks. The Northern Alliance were backed by several powers including Russia, Iran, and later the US. The Pukhtoons, on the other hand, were previously supported by Pakistan, Saudi Arabia, and the UAE. It is a complete lie and total propaganda that most Taliban are Pakistani. It's an excuse to invade another Muslim sovereign nation on lies and deception.

13. Arsalan Registered Senior Member

That was within the year. Its been how many years in Afghanistan now?

Gaza: small piece of land with blockades on every side. No way out.

Maybe. But so far hes always turned out to be right.

14. quadraphonics Bloodthirsty Barbarian Valued Senior Member

Haven't they? They certainly seem to be waging one. And why would we care in the first place?

Yes, and notice that her answer flatly contradicted your earlier assertion about the Taliban being composed of Afghans.

15. DiamondHearts Registered Senior Member

Re-read it.

Also, you completely ignored my post. Take a look at it.

16. StrawDog disseminated primatemaia Valued Senior Member

This is patently the case.

Israel accused of 'new Gaza crime

17. StrawDog disseminated primatemaia Valued Senior Member

It seems you care enough to invade Afghanistan and hang around indefinitely.

Uhm. Afgahnis are tribal, including Pushtun. The tribal areas are (no, not in the map sense) borderless.

18. Baron Max Registered Senior Member

Tribal? Ya' mean like the Native Americans in the 18th century?

Tribal? In the 21st century? That's almost a joke! Especially when most of the rest of the world is talking about global economies, global trade, global societies, global communication, ........ And all the while, Afghanis are living in hovels or caves in the mountains? Damn! That's actually funny!

Baron Max

19. Arsalan Registered Senior Member

Especially considering that Afghanistan, due to war, looks like Ground Zero in NYC on 9/11. Very funny indeed :bugeye:

20. Baron Max Registered Senior Member

Afghanistan looked like that BEFORE we invaded ....sand, rocks, mountains, and poppy plants! The garden spot of the world ...no doubt about it. If it wasn't for the war, Afghanistan would be the number one tourist destination of the world's richest people. ...LOL!

Baron Max

21. Arsalan Registered Senior Member

Nice to see you agree. Here have some :m:

22. StrawDog disseminated primatemaia Valued Senior Member

The joke is the bankruptcy of the US and EU economy. Tent cities, food stamps, foreclosures, strikes, etc.

23. quadraphonics Bloodthirsty Barbarian Valued Senior Member

I don't recall that having anything to do with any formal declarations of war by the Taliban, one way or the other. Which is to say that, no, nobody cares about such declarations. Why should they, when said war is already being waged openly?

Likewise Pakistanis, including Pashtun. None of that implies all Pashtun are Afghans.

Look, either start referring to the Taliban as "Pashtun" instead of "Afghan," or stop complaining about "cross-border" raids. Either the distinction matters, or it doesn't. All I ask is consistency.