Tap Water VS Filtered or Distilled Water

Discussion in 'Science & Society' started by Diode-Man, May 16, 2009.

1. Diode-Man Awesome User Title Registered Senior Member

I drank distilled water for 2 weeks, then just today I ran out of it. I went to the faucet and got me a drink, the water was gross enough that the metal in it was interacting with the fillings in my mouth. It also tasted quite nasty.

I think that if I continue to drink distilled water my prostate will cease enlarging/aching.

Further more, I discovered that tap water in many different areas has pharmaceutical residues that public water filtration systems don't remove. How appalling....

2. Google AdSense Guest Advertisement

to hide all adverts.
  3. Xylene Valued Senior Member

Yes, I've used filtered water for a long time now, and I can taste the difference whenever I used unfiltered

Please Register or Log in to view the hidden image!

4. Google AdSense Guest Advertisement

to hide all adverts.
  5. Fraggle Rocker Staff Member

Geeze dude, if your prostate is in that bad condition I hope you're under a doctor's care. That's not a gland you want to lose. I wouldn't depend on distilled water therapy for something so important.
    You need to keep up. That's been in the news for at least two years.

The problem is that water treatment plants are designed to mitigate pollutants that are measured in parts per million, but these things come in parts per billion. The crafted pharmaceuticals are bad enough, but arguably the most serious problem is the hormones, from human hormone supplements and other sources such as factory farming. They're already discovering hermaphroditic fish in our rivers.

I also wouldn't depend on a filtration to take out things that occur in parts per billion. I use a filter pitcher but I'm not as concerned about the issue as you are. I just want to get the lead out of the D.C. water.

6. Google AdSense Guest Advertisement

to hide all adverts.
  7. Diode-Man Awesome User Title Registered Senior Member

As for the prostate... the Garlic is the most potent SOB vegetable and it does a good job of keeping me sane and alive. (but it has to be eaten fresh for full effect)

I tried to talk to my doctor about it but he just blew me off...

He is an idiot. He just gave me something that nearly gave me a heart attack even though I told him what was up.

Pharmaceuticals are slowly messing up the genome. It is a problem to be dealt with.

8. justwonderingjoe Gosh,the weather is nice today Registered Senior Member

I want to boil our tap water and put it in the frig. That's okay, right?

9. Dr Mabuse Percipient Thaumaturgist Registered Senior Member

It's 'okay'.

But it won't have any effect on mineral or pharmaceutical content.

Distillation, reverse osmosis, or multiple stage filtration is required for that.

10. justwonderingjoe Gosh,the weather is nice today Registered Senior Member

Thanks!

11. vslayer Registered Senior Member

if im not mistaken, isnt distilled water devoid of the minerals and electrolytes you need to survive?

12. PieAreSquared Woo is resistant to reason Registered Senior Member

diode...did he give you Flow-Max?

13. PieAreSquared Woo is resistant to reason Registered Senior Member

no you aren't mistaken... distilled water really isn't that good for you

14. Diode-Man Awesome User Title Registered Senior Member

Did who give me Flow-Max?

I've been drinking distilled water for a while now and it seams to be ceasing my prostate ache. When it aches thats when It's enlarging, I'm glad I discovered the cause of it.

America has some serious water pipe issues.

I watched a documentary about how Las Vegas is dealing with pipe corrosion. They dig down to the pipe then shove a smaller pipe inside it, thus flowing the water through new and clean pipes.

Why don't we just start coating the inside of our pipes in a 1/8 inch layer of stainless titanium steel when they are made? That way they will last a great deal longer before they need to be replaced. (unless there is a better metal or carbon that could be used)

But its a damn lot more healthy than the tap water where I live.

15. PieAreSquared Woo is resistant to reason Registered Senior Member

He just gave me something that nearly gave me a heart attack even though I told him what was up.

Diode... I thought the he would be the Doc... who gave you something... enlarged prostate ... pretty much is a Flow-Max script now... for starters

I would imagine in your area they would be a high mineral content in the water

but you feel it's from the pipes? or your pipe :m:

16. PieAreSquared Woo is resistant to reason Registered Senior Member

How old are you anyway... roughly if you like

Most men are going to have some prostate issues if they are around long enough..

another reason the Noah and and the other old age guys (500 yo +) from the bible are such bs

17. Diode-Man Awesome User Title Registered Senior Member

No way, my prostate started aching before I ever smoked. That was about 2 years before I started smoking marijuana. I don't drink the tap water and it doesn't ache, PLUS I'm not living right by some black mold anymore... so thats gotta count for something too. Main point is I stopped drinking tap water two weeks ago and VERY recently my prostate is feeling back in shape.

I'm twenty two, still a virgin, so it's pretty-damn-extremely depressing when my prostate aches and grows.

Garlic conquers all.

18. PieAreSquared Woo is resistant to reason Registered Senior Member

that would be awful young to be having prostate problems.

I think 40+ is when you should be having it checked at least ever 2 years

Garlic is good ... so is green chili

19. CutsieMarie89 Zen Registered Senior Member

The water man who works at the treatment factory behind my parents house said both are bad for you. Unless you have a personal well, then tap water is better. He said he thinks it's funny that people obsess about drinking filtered water but bathe in tap water. I don't have an opinion, aside from the difference in taste, they both quench my thirst when I'm thirsty and that's all that really matters to me.

20. Orleander OH JOY!!!! Valued Senior Member

I only drink tap water. I've never bought water if free tap was available.
    I'm not a big weenie baby

21. cosmictraveler Be kind to yourself always. Valued Senior Member

Reverse Osmosis is the best way to remove almost all contaminates from your water. That being said, most water treatment plants do a very good job in filtering the water supply in most areas. It is just that some areas are being treated with more chemicals than others to be certain it is safe to drink.

22. brokenpower Registered Senior Member

Oh man, i use distilled water to make coffee with.

Everyone who drinks coffee should try it, it makes the smoothest cup of coffee ever

23. Tiassa Let us not launch the boat ... Valued Senior Member

West coast tap water

Up here in Seattle, we have pretty good tap water. Not the best, but a hell of a lot better than some places I've been. I've tasted water that had high iron content in other places, and that might have something to do with the delivery system, but the worst I've encountered is in Irvine, California, where the water is so sulphurous that it smells and tastes like burnt matches. Even when brushing my teeth, the mint flavor of the toothpaste isn't enough to mask it. Absolutely repugnant stuff. It makes perfect sense to me why Evian became so popular in southern California.