Star Wars vs Star Trek

Discussion in 'SciFi & Fantasy' started by Pollux V, May 9, 2002.

?

Which universe would win?

1. Star Trek

227 vote(s)
    35.5%
  2. Star Wars

268 vote(s)
    41.9%
  3. Spaceballs

47 vote(s)
    7.3%
  4. Farscape

12 vote(s)
    1.9%
  5. Dune

50 vote(s)
    7.8%
  6. Stargate

36 vote(s)
    5.6%
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. FoolFromHell Photons be Free. Registered Senior Member

So... if X-Wing lasers are only 20 kilotons... then obviously the TIE Fighters win every engagement... right? WRONG
    SW ships dont have gigaton-range firepower.
    STFU about that.

2. Google AdSense Guest Advertisement

to hide all adverts.
  3. TW Scott Minister of Technology Registered Senior Member

Actually an x-wing fighter has firepower ranging from 20 kilotons to 1.5 gigatons. if we reverse engineer from the Turbolaser notes. This makes sense as some of the scenes in ANH were definately at least hundred megaton level effects like the fireball Luke caused.

So, please unless you have some actual proof besides your running mouth, don't presume to STFU anyone

4. Google AdSense Guest Advertisement

to hide all adverts.
  5. Kittamaru Ashes to ashes, dust to dust. Adieu, Sciforums. Valued Senior Member

Quote me proof from the episodes- I am still in the process of downloading ALL of Star Trek (ALL SERIES) so i can shut you the hell up once and for all!

6. Google AdSense Guest Advertisement

to hide all adverts.
  7. Kittamaru Ashes to ashes, dust to dust. Adieu, Sciforums. Valued Senior Member

We ALSO know that the creature in question was DESIGNED BY PEOPLE WHO CONTROLLED MATTER AND ENERGY AT WILL! Ever think of that asshole?

Shields WORK on the principle of dispersal! I have gone OVER this with you. You can NOT do a "pinpoint strike" as the shields, by nature, disperse it over as much of the grid as possible! Obviously a torpedo can be dispersed more than a phaser blast and most destructive would be like the Borg Cutting beam or a Disruptor Bolt (which is a point impact weapon, not a beam like a Phaser)

And you're supposition about Kevlar is flawed- I'd like to see any hollowpoint, fullmetal jacket, AP, or even EXPLOSIVE rounds penetrate some of the new liquidarmors they have in testing. Yet a slow impact (say a knife blade) will cut through it like it isn't there.

Viscosity. Look into it.

8. Kittamaru Ashes to ashes, dust to dust. Adieu, Sciforums. Valued Senior Member

Are you BLIND? The Torpedo TRAVELD to the planet! The planet is VISIBLE IN THE BACKGROUND when they show the ship!

9. Kittamaru Ashes to ashes, dust to dust. Adieu, Sciforums. Valued Senior Member

There you go Scott- I condensed the next post you made to make it nice and simple for those that tire of your crap.

10. Kittamaru Ashes to ashes, dust to dust. Adieu, Sciforums. Valued Senior Member

Are you retarded, or does Star Wars "fuel" not burn?

You get a lucky strike and detonate the engine of a fighter, obviously the fireball is going to be larger. We have seen blaster impacts ROCK a fighter like a soup can in a ship on rough seas! A photon torpedo would send the bitch sailing across space!

11. FoolFromHell Photons be Free. Registered Senior Member

Umm... Kittamaru... Downloading?

12. TW Scott Minister of Technology Registered Senior Member

Excuse me, but I posted the proof required. If you have arguments against it it is your job to collect your own data.

Oh and when you are done downloading and watching I'll be wating for your apology.

13. TW Scott Minister of Technology Registered Senior Member

Shields WORK on the principle of dispersal! I have gone OVER this with you. You can NOT do a "pinpoint strike" as the shields, by nature, disperse it over as much of the grid as possible! Obviously a torpedo can be dispersed more than a phaser blast and most destructive would be like the Borg Cutting beam or a Disruptor Bolt (which is a point impact weapon, not a beam like a Phaser)[/quote]

Hehe, actually that was factored in Kittamaru. It was considered irrelevant. Worf was standing at tactical and as the beams hit he was giving their approximate power levels. Meaning that is what the SHIELD GRID was detecting and being affected by. a 100 square centermeter area is 10 centimeters by ten centimeters at the smallest. A 4 inch diameter beem would barely overlap the sides, (but not take up the area). This is pretty damn pinpoint for the levels of energy I am referring too.

BT Disrupters areas WIDE as Photons and Borg cutter beams are LASERS.

So my supposition is wrong becuase a different material reacts differently than material I reffered to? Are you hearing yourself speak?

14. TW Scott Minister of Technology Registered Senior Member

You mean the planet that they were orbiting in a standard orbit? The planet that was close enough that the normal impulse engines of the torpedo could have reached with ease?

15. TW Scott Minister of Technology Registered Senior Member

I noticed that you do not try to refute what I posted. Could it be that you cannot disprove it? Sure seems that way.

16. TW Scott Minister of Technology Registered Senior Member

Star Wars lubricant burns assuredly. And i suppose some of the fuel could burn, but good luck trying to get past the defenses.

A simple Photon Torpedo is MUCH less powerful than some of the SW Light vehicle weaponry. 25 isotons means 25 x 10^0 tons of TNT equivalent, don't blame me blame Voyager and Harry Kim.

17. Kittamaru Ashes to ashes, dust to dust. Adieu, Sciforums. Valued Senior Member

No scott, i can refute it. I'm just tired of proving wrong the same old shit that you spew.

18. Kittamaru Ashes to ashes, dust to dust. Adieu, Sciforums. Valued Senior Member

Oh, and BTW scott- Trek won if you can't tell, if only by it's origins.

Please Register or Log in to view the hidden image!

HUMANITY FOREVER!

19. TW Scott Minister of Technology Registered Senior Member

Can one be tired of something that one has never done?

20. TW Scott Minister of Technology Registered Senior Member

How could trek win becuase it has humans when ANH was 2.2 billion years before the Earth was formed?

21. Kittamaru Ashes to ashes, dust to dust. Adieu, Sciforums. Valued Senior Member

I should ask you the same actually.

22. Kittamaru Ashes to ashes, dust to dust. Adieu, Sciforums. Valued Senior Member

Quite easily:

1) Our delegates in this argument are not blathering fools, unlike yourself. We provide hard evidence, take into account facts from the other side, and admit when we are wrong. You, however, have apparently never heard of a thing called humility and need a very large slice of humble pie. How you have survived as long as you have with this mindset of yours is beyond me, but I hope you never get the chance to reproduce.

2) Our ships actually, you know, move when they fight. Yours just sort of sit there.

3) From a basis standpoint, Star Trek is far longer lived than Star Wars and it's vision is FAR larger than anything Lucas could possibly attempt to write. That's why Lucas has to rely on other people to make up and fill in large gaps in his story.

4) What has happened to your universe in the two billion years since it formed? Science dictates that in that timespan, your stars have burned out and gone dead or supernova, your population has died out or evolved beyond war or, and more likely, global appocalypse has occured on many of your worlds rendering them inhabitable. Perhaps that's what happened- your people traveled to a distant land... and now Star Trek is what has come from it. Trek is the next evolution of Star Wars. Oh, and by the way, given the current trend in Star Wars, if you're stars somehow DID exceed their natural lifespan by over a billion years, then your people probably killed themselves with inner conflicts.

I can continue, but I think I've proven my point nicely.

23. Challenger78 Valued Senior Member

Trek is more detailed. It actually has the formative years of Starfleet in writing, Also we've got better acting and less cliches.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.