Star Wars vs Star Trek

Discussion in 'SciFi & Fantasy' started by Pollux V, May 9, 2002.

?

Which universe would win?

1. Star Trek

227 vote(s)
    35.5%
  2. Star Wars

268 vote(s)
    41.9%
  3. Spaceballs

47 vote(s)
    7.3%
  4. Farscape

12 vote(s)
    1.9%
  5. Dune

50 vote(s)
    7.8%
  6. Stargate

36 vote(s)
    5.6%
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Enterprise-D I'm back! Warp 8 Mr. Worf! Registered Senior Member

Trek engineers have shown lots of ingenuity in overcoming tractor beams, outside of early Borg encounters. But early Borg encounters no longer count

Please Register or Log in to view the hidden image!

2. Google AdSense Guest Advertisement

to hide all adverts.
  3. Fettman #1 Bounty Hunter Registered Senior Member

Lasers in SW are still weaker than Blaster weapons but all we have to do is put a few of them on a ISD or any kinda capital ship and that gives a big big + to accuracy.

Or we could add some SPHA-T guns like they did in the clone wars.

4. Google AdSense Guest Advertisement

to hide all adverts.
  5. FoolFromHell Photons be Free. Registered Senior Member

Interdictors would have no effect on Impulse/ Warp drives.
    And Tractor beams need to lock on and hit a ship traveling at 80% Speed of Light minimum since in 2200s, in TOS the Movie, impulse meant 80% speed of light.
    Plus. The Picard Maneuver and relativism are also extremely limiting factors when considering the ways and means for SW ships to hit ST ships.

6. Google AdSense Guest Advertisement

to hide all adverts.
  7. FoolFromHell Photons be Free. Registered Senior Member

Turrets cant move fast enough to track something at 80% speed of light... And SW ships go slow to begin with. SPHA-T guns are projectile weapons, right? They cant accelerate to eve close to 80% speed of light...
    The Picard Maneuver, or more complex versions of that maneuver, can create illusions of many ST ships.

Also. When in Warp, you can see other ships visually. Even if they are outside your warp field.
    That means that Protons in Warp can escape the warp field not drop out of warp, yet be picked up by human eyes who are in Impulse.
    That means that a photon torpedo shot at Warp speeds will escape the field and not destabilize. It also can interact/collide with a target that is NOT at Warp.
    So. If a ship is at Warp 9 and fires a 100kg Photon Torpedo at any Empire ship... Instant destruction!

8. halo07guy Registered Senior Member

SPHA-Ts are beam weapons. Alos, you have to remember that ST ships would have to slow down to speeds close to the Empire's. Otherwise you go to fast to engage. And remember, the galaxy gun is a FTL projectile.

Just so you know, if ST can't beat SW in the 24th century, then 30th century Federation would never of happened. And you must admit, time travel is the ultimate cop out. IF all seems lost, go back in time and try again. Its like Godwin's Law. Its an instant "I win button" for SW since it means that current ST tech can't beat them, and you have to try to call in future forces. And remmebr the adverse side effects of time travel. A single planet being destroyed would have massive repurcussions up the timeline. Same thing with the Romulans, Klingons, Vulcans, anyone.

I doubt that the Empire would be friendly with any ST faction. Also, remember that we seem to have duplicate profiles here (Enterprises A,B,C,D, and E). That means that someone can supposedly act as a newcomer and just be trying to "back-up" their own theories. If you are a duplicate profile, please get out of here. Anything you agree with to try to sway things in your favor is going to be onesided since you'll agree with everything you say.

9. USS Athens Very Special Senior Member Valued Senior Member

I't is impossible to have more than one profile on this site, because it requires a unique email address.

10. FoolFromHell Photons be Free. Registered Senior Member

filler. My message is inside the quotes.

11. shichimenshyo Caught in the machine Registered Senior Member

Im sure this has already been touched on but if Jedi have an uncanny ability to see things before they happen wouldnt it be possibler for Sw ships to use jedi as a means of predicting the course of st ships to effectively fire on them?

Are we even talking about the force in this debate? because thats a pretty bad ass weapon, and jedi would beat down any ST being in hand to hand......hands down

12. FoolFromHell Photons be Free. Registered Senior Member

Filler. My message is inside quotes.

13. shichimenshyo Caught in the machine Registered Senior Member

Its hard to fire a phaser when your being choked out by an invisable force

Also There was an instance where a jedi trainee was able to channel the force power of several jedi to destroy a fleet of star destroyers by making an invisble force wall that literally threw the ships across space, I would imagine that not even traveling at the speed of light would help you avoid that kind of weapon

14. FoolFromHell Photons be Free. Registered Senior Member

filler. Like above.

15. Kittamaru Ashes to ashes, dust to dust. Adieu, Sciforums. Valued Senior Member

Actually, the Federation would HAVE to win because we have evidence, in the series (highest canon) that there is a Federation far into the future.

Thus, this entire argument has been null and void...

16. FoolFromHell Photons be Free. Registered Senior Member

Yeah. We should have thought of that 348 pages ago...
    haha.

17. USS Enterprise-A Registered Member

Star Destroyers would make good Kamakazees!!!!:jason::runaway:

18. USS Enterprise-A Registered Member

What my dream ship would be is kind of obvious.

19. USS Enterprise-A Registered Member

If the Empire has beam weapons, think what the dreadnaught missile could do.VOY: "Dreadnaught" Overload!!!!!!!!!:splat:

20. USS Athens Very Special Senior Member Valued Senior Member

In the films of SW, I have only seen the force do the following:

Detect people, but never exactly where

Levitate things

Shock people, but only extreamly few people do so

Choke people, but taking so long and only being able to choke one person at a time isn't much of a tactical advantage; It's really only handy as a form of punishment, saying that Vader's got all-day and is not in any combat situation

21. USS Athens Very Special Senior Member Valued Senior Member

Pulled from the archives, BEAUTIFUL!
    :cheers:​

22. USS Athens Very Special Senior Member Valued Senior Member

I just had to pull this one out!

23. Saquist Banned Banned

If this is be a issue of trust then do you not believe this statement should be spoken by a trustworthy individual?

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.