What creationists know

Discussion in 'Religion Archives' started by Carico, Oct 7, 2008.

1. StrangerInAStrangeLand SubQuantum Mechanic Valued Senior Member

WHY do SOME people come to believe The Holy Babble & others believe The Holy Queeran & others believe Bubbism???

2. Google AdSense Guest Advertisement

to hide all adverts.
  3. Michael 歌舞伎 Valued Senior Member

don't forget Scientology

Please Register or Log in to view the hidden image!

4. Google AdSense Guest Advertisement

to hide all adverts.
  5. StrangerInAStrangeLand SubQuantum Mechanic Valued Senior Member

I didn't. I didn't want to make that post 11 pages long so I only mentioned those as examples.

6. Google AdSense Guest Advertisement

to hide all adverts.
  7. scorpius a realist Valued Senior Member

where does anyone besides CRETINISTS claim thats how humans evolved?

lay off the buyBULL and learn the facts of life
    here
    www.talkorigins.org

YOU sure do..

and here

http://www.nobeliefs.com/Creationism.htm

8. Carico Registered Member

Sorry, but it's not scientists who are using these observations. It's scientists who are ignoring them just like they ignore the accounts of over 200 cultures and the bible which says there was a global flood. That's why they make up their own version of the past that no one in history can document. Again, that's the definition of fairy tales.

9. James R Just this guy, you know? Staff Member

It's ironic that this thread is entitled "What creationists know", but when I ask a creationist what creationists know he is unable to tell me.

10. EmptyForceOfChi Banned Banned

Does his constant use of winking smileys after a statement annoy anybody else or is it just me?.

peace.

11. StrangerInAStrangeLand SubQuantum Mechanic Valued Senior Member

A

means I'm right & you're wrong so just capitulate.

Resistance is futile.

This line would have been 8 winking smileys but it wouldn't allow that.

12. shaman_ Registered Senior Member

No, it's annoying.

Some people think using smilies a lot makes up for the lack of a coherent argument.

13. EmptyForceOfChi Banned Banned

I think your both right maybe, a little from A a little from B. Thank god for the 3 smileys a post rule.

All I know is the winks are annoying.

peaace.

14. Carico Registered Member

And personal attacks don't refute my posts. So you cannot prove I don't have a coherent argument, smilies or not.

15. Bells Staff Member

It's Sarah Palin in disguise.

So why can't you answer the questions that were asked about your OP?

And do you really think the author's of the bible would have written what they did write if they had the ability to actually study and investigate facts like evolution, the birth of starts and planets, etc?

Let me ask you a question. When you are ill.. have a bacterial infection for a example. Do you pray it away? Or do you rely on the science you are currently mocking to get some antibiotics to treat said infection? How about when you have a headache?

While you might believe the world is a few thousand years of age, that God created everything, blah creationist babble, blah, it is all well and good for you. That you prefer to ignore direct scientific evidence, many of which you can actually still observe, about the birth of our universe, the birth of stars, etc, that you choose to ignore DNA evidence that links us to primates... well.. that is your choice. More power to you man..

16. Norsefire Salam Shalom Salom Registered Senior Member

Why are people so immature they mock other peoples' beliefs?

17. Medicine*Woman Jesus: Mythstory--Not History! Valued Senior Member

M*W: I wanted to previously mention metaphors for the resurrection. The sun was believed by these nomads to go behind the earth and die, but then the sun was resurrected in the morning in the East, so god was seen to come alive again, and these nomads believed they witnessed it.

Also, there were no golden chariots found on the floor of the Red Sea nor the Sea of Reeds. These people didn't have to travel very far from where they shepherded. It was only about 30 miles from the promiscuous land. The parting of the whichever sea the myth refers to probably had a sand bank or was extremely salty, I would think.

Sorry for the long post. I got ahead of myself.

18. Carico Registered Member

Considering that apes haven't given birth to human descendants since man has walked the earth, then the bible's claims are based on observation unlike the claims of evolutionists. So sorry, investigation doesn't lead to evolution. Only the imaginations of men can lead to evolution.

So when were scientists around when the first stars came int the sky?

They weren't. So they can only guess how they got there. But God doesn't have to guess since he put them there to begin with.

19. Medicine*Woman Jesus: Mythstory--Not History! Valued Senior Member

M*W: I really, really wanted to answer your post, but it's not worth my time.

20. Bells Staff Member

Of course. And saying that some great daddy in the sky made man from clay is so much more believable. How wrong I have been.

One little question though. Who observed God creating the universe, Earth, man, animals and all that comes in between? Don't forget, no one was around at the time to observe all of this. So how exactly are the claims in the bible based on observation?

Oh, and by the way. Man did not descend from the apes that you see in zoos or on wildlife documentaries. We share DNA with them, which points to a common ancestor. Therefore, you won't see apes of today giving birth to humans.

Visit a planetarium. We can still observe stars being created today through things called telescopes. So we don't exactly have to "guess".

21. swarm Registered Senior Member

Hercules Rockefeller: Can the moderators PLEASE be pro-active for once and do us all a real solid. Yeah?

Unfortunately proactive moderation is censorship.

There should always be a transgression first, and hopefully at least some period of warning/education, before a moderator acts percipitously.

22. swarm Registered Senior Member

Carico:
    Here's what creationists know about the earth and the universe:

You are mistaken. You "know" these things only as being found in your holy book. But for you to know them about the earth and universe you would need to demonstrate how the claims of your book actually correspond with reality.

This you haven't done and when people have attempted this they find the facts of the situation contradict your claims. Which is not surprising when you are relying on the myths of bronze age sheep herders for your foundational assumptions about reality.

Scientists know NONE of the above which is why they're constantly exploring and always will continue to do so.

Actually scientists are constantly exploring because its terribly interesting and a whole lot of fun, besides occasionally paying the bills. What do you gain from constantly failing to explore?

23. swarm Registered Senior Member

Carico: Sorry but logic isn't claiming that apes can turn into humans.

No one claims apes turn into humans. The claim is that apes and humans both share common ancestors. Just like you and your cousins can’t turn into each other, but share common ancestors.