Star Wars vs Star Trek

Discussion in 'SciFi & Fantasy' started by Pollux V, May 9, 2002.

?

Which universe would win?

1. Star Trek

227 vote(s)
    35.5%
  2. Star Wars

268 vote(s)
    41.9%
  3. Spaceballs

47 vote(s)
    7.3%
  4. Farscape

12 vote(s)
    1.9%
  5. Dune

50 vote(s)
    7.8%
  6. Stargate

36 vote(s)
    5.6%
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Apocalypse2001 System Lord Registered Senior Member

well....did you drink moonshine to come up with that rebuttle? or was it embalming fluid?

2. Google AdSense Guest Advertisement

to hide all adverts.
  3. ProphetofWisdom Almighty Tallest Registered Senior Member

1. They were ordered to not attack unless the rebels made a run for it. Once the rebels were to close for the DS to take out without blowing up part of the fleet they would have to fight back.

2. There is no proof for it either being completely destroyed or being largely intact after it went up in a giant fireball in the scene it hit the DS 2 in.

Incorrect, he stated the shields had failed and then ordered the forward Turbolaser batteries to increase fire so nothing could get through. The order came to late.

The backup bridge did not have enough time to take control of the ship before the massive burst of acceleration rammed it into the Second Death Star. If the shields had been up the SSD would still have been in the fight and may have even turned the tide of the battle.

4. Google AdSense Guest Advertisement

to hide all adverts.
  5. Apocalypse2001 System Lord Registered Senior Member

I understand .

Please Register or Log in to view the hidden image!

and what if the moon were made of cheese! or the Pyramids to be made of gold-pressed latinum. But some things won't happen just because you wish them to be so.

Like Shogun implied. Big guns, big egos. At some pointthey'll go snap crackle pop.

6. Google AdSense Guest Advertisement

to hide all adverts.
  7. ProphetofWisdom Almighty Tallest Registered Senior Member

I greatly prefer the rebels winning instead of the Empire. I was just commenting that if the SSD had not been taken out it could have turned the tide of the battle with ease because of it's vast array of weapons.

"Call them and tell them we're going to blow them up." -- Almighty Tallest Purple when he sees something new.: p

The Irkens have some of the biggest guns in Sci-fi and the only time they don't blow up the planet in one shot is when the Irkens just want a planet sized parking lot!

UNIVERSAL CONQUEST IS NEAR!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

8. Shogun Bleed White and Blue! Valued Senior Member

The fleet was ordered to do nothing no matter what, they are ordered to let the fighters/bombers/Death Star do all the fighting. They didn't fire at all. Its weird that only the Death Squadron was present at the battle, well if more ships were present and they fired their turbolasers, it wouldn't have the emotional effect and stuff, but it would be fun to watch. The reason the SSD fell that fast was because of the Death Stars powerful gravity wells. Most of the high-ranking fleet officers are aristocrats that got their rank because of their influential families, so they think the Rebels are lesser then them ( not true, because there are also other nobility in the rank of the rebels ), that's how most of them were trained. Only the superb ones realized they should be taken seriously.

9. Shogun Bleed White and Blue! Valued Senior Member

Personally I think the Galactic Republic is more realistic ( not the tech, the government structure and society ) then the Federation.

10. Shogun Bleed White and Blue! Valued Senior Member

Well if the Rebels didn't win then the Vong would have got owned by the Empire, so I preferred the Rebels to win AFTER the Vong war.

11. ProphetofWisdom Almighty Tallest Registered Senior Member

I just remembered being just keep the rebels from escaping meaning they would have to fight back at some point. Guess I'll have to check my copy of RoTJ novel once I'm done reading through The Ringworld Engineers.

I it was more then just Death Squadron since unless I am forgeting something Death Squadron was 6 ISD type II's and an SSD plus hundreds of support ships. We saw 40-50 Star Destroyers in the battle.

No, the Death Star's gravity well could not have been powerful enough to pull in something like a Super Star Destroyer in only a matter of seconds. The only way it could cross the thousands of kilometers it did would be by the engines going out of control. We already know they have impressive acceleration from when they cross from out the darkside of Endor to the dayside in only a matter of minutes.

True, I just thought I recalled the order being don't attack unless they try and run for it.

12. stateofmind seeker of lies Valued Senior Member

It is amazing the depth and seriousness you guys take this. I'm not trying to make fun of this or anything but I'm just amazed. I feel like some of you have doctorates in this or something.

13. Kittamaru Ashes to ashes, dust to dust. Adieu, Sciforums. Valued Senior Member

Wow... I just... I give up. You aren't worth wasting my time on, and I have reported your posts just because they're offensive to me both personally AND intellectually.

14. ProphetofWisdom Almighty Tallest Registered Senior Member

True. But wasn't the Emperor planning on draining the life out of half the galaxy or something I thought? Better that the rebels had won when they did really.

If only Thrawn had not been killed. He would have taken out the Vong with a hand full of ships and only lose a few dozen fighters and some smaller support ships.

15. Shogun Bleed White and Blue! Valued Senior Member

Death Star was the most important strike force in the fleet but other fleets were present ( sorry my bad for my mistake earlier ), but I don't remember the other elite fleets present. True, they can wipe the floor of them when they try to run ( or after Luke betrayed them ). The Death Star was almost stationary, the Gravity Wells was probably the main factor. If you take a look at how the Executor fell, it looks like its due to gravity.

16. Kittamaru Ashes to ashes, dust to dust. Adieu, Sciforums. Valued Senior Member

And the NCC-1701-A USS Enterprise (Kirks Enterprise) could accidentally ignite the atmosphere of a PLANET with the EXHAUST of their Impulse Drive if they weren't careful while entering the atmosphere... the EXHAUST... dude, think about it!

Not to mention the fact that Starships in Star Trek can, and HAVE (IN THE SERIES) used their phasers to stun an entire city, wipe COUNTRIES off the planet, etc... so vaporizing a city... nothing special.

As such, ICS or not, Phasers trump TL's by YOUR OWN LOGIC

17. Shogun Bleed White and Blue! Valued Senior Member

The Emperor wanted to enslave most of the galaxy, not to wipe it out. Yeah, Thrawn, Vader, and Piett are some of the best commanders in the Empire, Vader was more of the ground and fighter type commander.

18. Kittamaru Ashes to ashes, dust to dust. Adieu, Sciforums. Valued Senior Member

Negative - the Enterprise did NOT loose it shields to a 400 gigawatt blast... it lost it's shields to an entity that didn't exist. Controlled by a being that could CONTROL ALL ENERGY in ANY form with his MIND.

He could remove the bio-chemical impulses from your BODY with a THOUGHT. He was able to materialize a ship WITH A THOUGHT.
    He was able to REMAKE HIS WIFE with his mind!!!!

COME ON MAN! That's not even a fair comparison.

However, if you WANT to play that way:

Q

Trek Wins.

STFU plz.

19. Shogun Bleed White and Blue! Valued Senior Member

Wiping countries and planets is nothing special. Call the Imperial Commandos and they can wipe out entire governments in a few weeks.

20. Kittamaru Ashes to ashes, dust to dust. Adieu, Sciforums. Valued Senior Member

Actually, Trek IS becoming real...

Things Trek has inspired (according to multiple sources AND multiple documentaries)

Cell Phones
    Pagers
    Automatic Sliding Doors
    Radiation Therapy

I could go on...

Also, when the Aerospace industry makes massive advancements and credit a sci-fi source, who do they credit?

Trek.

So, yeah, stuff it.

21. Shogun Bleed White and Blue! Valued Senior Member

P.S. I mean a command squad, 4 man squads

22. Kittamaru Ashes to ashes, dust to dust. Adieu, Sciforums. Valued Senior Member

Yeah, and the Tal Shiar can wipe out an imperial star government in one minute... whoop de doo

My point was, vaporizing cities is nothing important

23. ProphetofWisdom Almighty Tallest Registered Senior Member

We do.

Zim:" GIR! Attach yourself to the human's head and sing the Doom Song for six months so we may study its effects on them!"

GIR:" Yes master!" GIR's eyes glow red and jumps up on your head before they return to normal and says." I'm going to sing the Doom Song now! Doom doom doom doom doom doom..."

Normal Photons would not be able to get through the shields that block solide objects. We know from the movies that one type of shield works against the lasers and another against torepdoes, asteroids etc.etc.

Impossible. Unless there is a reason to believe that phasers can normally bypass shields I see no reason to assume that SW shields would not work.

Anyways *Que rant about the all mighty Irken Empire* "The multi-verse is ours for the taking! It is only a matter of time before all the races of the multi-verse serve... the IRKEN EMPIRE!" - What it is going to sound like when OID III begins.

MULTI-VERSAL CONQUEST IS NEAR!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.