Solutions for global warming...

Discussion in 'Earth Science' started by Thebestchefever, Sep 23, 2007.

1. Thebestchefever Registered Member

Have any unique ideas for solving the Global Warming problem...besides the obvious ones (bio deisel, conservation of energy)?

2. Google AdSense Guest Advertisement

to hide all adverts.
  3. draqon Banned Banned

1) yeah, suspension of water ice comets into ocean...replacing water outside to cosmos.

2) using huuuuuuge amounts of freon to cool down everything

3) capture CO2 using lithium cells used in ISS.....huge amount of lithium cells

4) Use zirconia electrolysis to filter CO2 and break it down by heating the gas molecule...oxygen and CO

4. Google AdSense Guest Advertisement

to hide all adverts.
  5. Thebestchefever Registered Member

Could you explain this one a little more...I don't know what you mean by ISS.

6. Google AdSense Guest Advertisement

to hide all adverts.
  7. draqon Banned Banned

8. scorpius a realist Valued Senior Member

nope,I hate cold weather

Please Register or Log in to view the hidden image!

9. draqon Banned Banned

I love cold weather.

10. Read-Only Valued Senior Member

Well, I must admit those are all unique for sure!

I can't see any sane scientist proposing any of them - he'd be quickly demoted to janitor.

11. draqon Banned Banned

proposing an idea does not make me less or more intelligent.
    The thread starter asked for unique ideas for war with global warming

If you have problem with me, talk to me directly.

12. cat2only Registered Senior Member

13. Read-Only Valued Senior Member

I have no problem with you - but I have a serious problem with every single one of those nut-job proposals you made.

14. cosmictraveler Be kind to yourself always. Valued Senior Member

Putting a satellite in a Lagrange point 1 million miles away from Earth that contains lasers that would make an "umbrella" effect with their light that could reflect some of the suns light away from the Earth. Light can reflect light especially when it is concentrated light like in a laser. A laser will be able to throw its light billions of miles so it can easily form a umbrella far enough from the Earth to prevent some of the suns light from warming the Earth. The amount of lasers used will determine how much cooling will take place and that can be adjusted from Earth. It would be photo voltaic energized so it won't need any energy source but the sun itself.

15. Avatar smoking revolver Valued Senior Member

I'd like it to be a lil bit warmer around where I live.

16. Exhumed Self ******. Registered Senior Member

Reduce human population to ~1 billion, and then institute laws to limit children so it doesn't go back to 7 billion in one generation like it did before.

This will also solve energy problems, as well as other resource problems, such as clean water and food.

17. Nickelodeon Banned Banned

Ignore it, maybe it'll go away.

18. draqon Banned Banned

ultimately we should find another planet like Mars to live on...whereas whatever happens to Earth is it's problem.

19. Exhumed Self ******. Registered Senior Member

Are there very reasonable plans to move to Mars in the distant future? If there is it would make a good topic : o

20. draqon Banned Banned

yeah the Russians are planning to do it before 2050's come...they got a bio isolation experiment going on currently to test humans in isolation as though inside spaceship to Mars.

21. cosmictraveler Be kind to yourself always. Valued Senior Member

Do you have a link to that? Is it like this that America has already been researching with?

Biosphere 2 is a 3.15-acre structure originally built to be an artificial closed ecological system in Oracle, Arizona (USA) by Space Biosphere Ventures, a company whose principal officers were John Polk Allen and Margret Augustine. Constructed between 1987 and 1991, it was used to explore the complex web of interactions within life systems. It also explored the possible use of closed biospheres in space colonization, and allowed the study and manipulation of a biosphere without harming Earth's. The name comes from the idea that it is modeled on the first biosphere, which is the life system on Earth. The funding for the project came primarily from Edward Bass's company, Decisions Investment, and cost $200,000,000 from 1985 to 2007.

At a size comparable to two and a half football fields, it was the largest closed system ever created. The sealed nature of the structure allowed scientists to monitor the ever-changing chemistry of the air, water and soil contained within. The health of the human crew was continuously monitored by a medical team.

Inside was a 850 square meter ocean with a coral reef, a 450 square meter mangrove wetlands, a 1900 square meter savannah grassland, a 1400 square meter fog desert, a 2500 square meter agricultural system, a human habitat with living quarters and office, and a below-ground level technical facility. Heating and cooling water circulated through independent piping systems, and electrical power was supplied from a natural gas energy center through airtight penetrations.

By 2006, the structure was no longer maintained in an airtight state, and the property, which is in exurban Tucson, was slated to be redeveloped for a planned community.[1]

As of June 5, 2007, the property including surrounding land, totaling 1650 acres (668 hectares), was sold to a residential home developer for US$50 million. A development including homes and a resort hotel was planned for a portion of the land. The Biosphere itself will remain open for tours.[2]

On June 26, 2007, the University of Arizona announced it would be taking over research at the Biosphere 2. The announcement ends immediate fears that the famous glass terrarium will be bulldozed. University officials said private gifts and grants will enable them to cover research and operating costs for three years with the possibility of extending that funding for 10 years.

http://www.dogpile.com/info.dogpl/c...awto=http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Biosphere_2

More about it here.....

http://www.dogpile.com/info.dogpl/c...r_coid=239138&rawto=http://www.b2science.org/

22. Exhumed Self ******. Registered Senior Member

Hm, I thought he meant something that would simulate what it would be like on the long (5 year) journey to get there? Which makes sense to me, because getting through 5 years on a small, uncomfortable space ship would be hell, despite the excitement of being in space.

23. wanneszinnig God doesn't work 2day Registered Senior Member

1) take yr bike as much as possible
    2) don't shower every freaking minute
    3) buy those things you NEED, not everything you WANT
    4) don't let the tap run when you don't need water
    5) recycle yr waste

Aunt Theresa has spoken....