Star Wars vs Star Trek

Discussion in 'SciFi & Fantasy' started by Pollux V, May 9, 2002.

?

Which universe would win?

1. Star Trek

227 vote(s)
    35.5%
  2. Star Wars

268 vote(s)
    41.9%
  3. Spaceballs

47 vote(s)
    7.3%
  4. Farscape

12 vote(s)
    1.9%
  5. Dune

50 vote(s)
    7.8%
  6. Stargate

36 vote(s)
    5.6%
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Dracula's Guest Twisted firestarter Registered Senior Member

Plus, in the X-wing games, there is an ion cannon that can disable a ships electronic equipment, add to that the space bomb and rocket which is capable of smashing a star destroyer to pieces. The B-wings were made as a heavy assault fighter designed to hyperspace in, and literally bomb an enemy starship. The Enterprise would be so big that they would be like mosquitos that could literally swarm over the ship. And if the Enterprise happens to have any exhaust ports.......

Please Register or Log in to view the hidden image!

2. Google AdSense Guest Advertisement

to hide all adverts.
  3. Cactus Jack Death Knight of Northrend Registered Senior Member

Allright, though I think as series they're evenly matched. If they fought person to person - Star Wars would win, by landslide, no other pssoble outcome. Only person who might scratch them is Worf.

As far as ships - Star Wars again, far more maneuverable, much more speed. Very simple.

Like I said landslide victory for the Star Wars crew.

4. Google AdSense Guest Advertisement

to hide all adverts.
  5. Asguard Kiss my dark side Valued Senior Member

6. Google AdSense Guest Advertisement

to hide all adverts.
  7. oedipus I enjoy fecal matter Registered Senior Member

in a whole universe vs. universe scenario star wars....
    i mean have ever even seen anything resembling an army on star trek? and the entreprise has like 10,000 people on it most of them civilians, where as goofyfish said, the star destroyers are loaded with whities.
    god even the rebels could take star trek..!
    and the pre clone war jedi, ouch no contest!

8. Pollux V Ra Bless America Registered Senior Member

Yeah, star wars would win. The borg are awsome but not awsome enough, there are overwhelming numbers, so it's decided. NOW: Who voted for star trek?? The weiners..

9. oedipus I enjoy fecal matter Registered Senior Member

since we have deduced overwhelmingly that srat wars would win, and everyone seems to think so, then whoever voted star trek has either wussed out and gone with the majority, was just joking, or was possibly just supporting a bias that they have between the media giants..

10. Neutrino_Albatross Legion of Dynamic Discord Registered Senior Member

But remember Romulans and Klingons use cloaking devices so im thinking the deathstar would have a hard time against them (romulan fleet materializes near death star vader almost has time to say "Oh shit" before it ends)

Borg: Death star would destroy the first one or two but after that the death star crew gets assimilated so the borg have it

Fighters: The things don't do shit unless they shoot where there already is a hole. Star Trek ships have shields no spots vulnerable enough for the fighters to have an effect.

Those Aliens with a number: They were in voyager cant remember what they were called but I think in a fight they wouyld take the people from star wars, cut off their heads, and then shove it up their asses.

11. Dracula's Guest Twisted firestarter Registered Senior Member

A cloaking device would be useless against Vader's and Palpatines force abilities, they could easily sense the impending danger a light year away.Besides, cloaking devices exist within the Star Wars world (In the Empire Strikes Back, after the Millenium Falcon eludes a pursuing Star Destroyer, the imperial officers cosider the possibility the falcon may have cloaked itself.)

The Borg seemed intent on assimilating earth, yet they only attempted a small handful of times with about one cube at a time, I doubt they would really bother sending a number of cubes for the purpose of a single space vehicle like the Death Star.

The X-wing fighters are quite capable of inflicting alot of damage. Proton Torpedoes could chip away at the deflector shields in the Star Trek ships at various weak points, and literally swarm the ship. (And I wont even go into what the Tie Defenders and Interceptors are capable of). The fighters in Star Wars exploit weaknesses. A large starship is slow and has less maneuovarability, whereas the fighters could criss cross over the hull of the ship. Plus there is the B-wing fighters, which appear in Return Of the Jedi, as well as the Xwing games. They can be used as a heavy assault fighter, for the purpose of disabling Star Destroyers with a large amoury of Torpedo's and missiles.

The Aliens you are thinking of are 8472, but the writers of Star Trek ran out of ideas, so they stole the superlaser from the Death Star and implanted it in their bio-ships. The way the beam forms is pretty much identical to the Death Stars superwearpon, which demonstrates its capability of destroying a Borg vessel and/or planet

12. The Radek D'Vorak Registered Member

Yet Vader didn't sense thier presence while they were hidden away in the asteroid or attached to the ISD. Not to mention SW tech relies on gravity emmision to track cloaked ships and ST warp fields are stated to reduce mass.
    Given that the Borg are stated to have millions of ships and in Voyager "Dark Frontier" the Borg used 3 or 4 to assimilate a planet well ...
    If they could get into range.
    Really outside of a few super races who could?

13. Neutrino_Albatross Legion of Dynamic Discord Registered Senior Member

Here is the single letter that guarentees that Star Wars can't win:

Q

I rest my case.

14. Pollux V Ra Bless America Registered Senior Member

Intriguing point. The Q are about as close to gods as anything can get without being gods. I have to admit: I think the scifi forum has reached a pinnacle. This is the ultimate scifi discussion. Right here. FEEL THE ENERGY!! WOOOOOO!

15. CounslerCoffee Registered Senior Member

Heres how i see it:

The Empire and the federation go through a long battle, almost resulting in a stalemate. The startrek universe is trying to make peace, and so is the empire. And just after one huge ass battle that resulted with both sides losing many ships and peace is about to be made, the borg sweep in and assimilate everyone.
    Recistance Is Futile

I think that Darth Vader and the Borg Queen would get along good, because after that fight Vader is her bitch.

16. Asguard Kiss my dark side Valued Senior Member

What exactly is the feds going to do without EARTH

Death star blows up earth

hyber jump

Death star blows up Vulcan

hyber jump

Death star blows up romulas

hyber jump

Death star blows up klingon homeworld

see a paten?

17. CounslerCoffee Registered Senior Member

I dont think the deathstar could make it that far. See the Klingons would get really mad, and when a klingon gets mad boy are you in trouble. Plus the ST universe has transporters so the klingons/humans/vulcans (who are by the way only a small number of powerful species within the st universe) will just beam anywhere they want to on the deathstar.

Deathstar loses to a bunch of klingons, not to mention that the klingons would just start flying there ships into it sooner or later, have you ever seen a warp core explode? Really big boom...

18. Asguard Kiss my dark side Valued Senior Member

so

the starwars people would just fly the sun crusher through ANY ship

Star Trek can't beem through shields
    Star wars HAVE shields

Star wars can DODGE

and the death star was next to a PLANET when it blew up

a little ship isn't going to do any damage

19. Pollux V Ra Bless America Registered Senior Member

You have to remember that the Death Star's only gun isn't the big huge one, it was built to fight capital ships (which lead to its demise, the laser cannons weren't geared for small fighters). Since Star Trek doesn't really ever use fighters (except for maybe the most recent movie with Data) this means that the Death Star would seriously kick some booty before it was destroyed. Remember, the Enterprise is too big to fly down one of those incy wincy exhaust shafts.

The Klingons could get pissed but against a moon-sized battlestation built for taking on huge fleets I really don't know. Methinks that once the Death Star did decimate all of the fleets it would just fly around and blow up the popular planets one by one. Tarkin would bring Picard up to the Death Star's bridge and say 'We have to demonstrate the power of this battlestation just one more time, or maybe three or four more times].

20. Asguard Kiss my dark side Valued Senior Member

Not sure it works anymore

got to try it again

Please Register or Log in to view the hidden image!

21. Asguard Kiss my dark side Valued Senior Member

Oh just for postective

a super star duce rang into the death star and the death star didn't die

in star trek everyone has one fleet

In starwars the new reps have atleast TEN

in the return of the jedi there was a death star and at least 100 imp star duces

thats a shit load of fire power

22. Pollux V Ra Bless America Registered Senior Member

It is, but I don't think anyone knows how many ships are in the Star Trek universe. Sometimes they make the series out to have a shitload of firepower and sometimes they don't. Does anyone have the exact numbers from a nerdy encyclopedia or somthing?

23. Asguard Kiss my dark side Valued Senior Member

er

wouldn't the whole fleet have been fighting the borg for earth?

that wasn't very many ships compared to just the death star even without the imp stars

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.