Star Wars vs Star Trek

Discussion in 'SciFi & Fantasy' started by Pollux V, May 9, 2002.

?

Which universe would win?

1. Star Trek

227 vote(s)
    35.5%
  2. Star Wars

268 vote(s)
    41.9%
  3. Spaceballs

47 vote(s)
    7.3%
  4. Farscape

12 vote(s)
    1.9%
  5. Dune

50 vote(s)
    7.8%
  6. Stargate

36 vote(s)
    5.6%
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. SkywalkerJedi アスラン・ザラ ( Athrun "Alex" Zala ) Registered Senior Member

Thats what a airspeeder is, it is planetary. If you don't consider atmospher planetary, I don't know what to tell you.

2. Google AdSense Guest Advertisement

to hide all adverts.
  3. Kittamaru Ashes to ashes, dust to dust. Adieu, Sciforums. Valued Senior Member

The Galaxy Class can transport over 100 people a second...

What dodged phaser fire in Defence of Earth? You mean VS the Borg? Those aren't phasers! BORG do not USE PHASERS

I gave you a much more detailed explanation that also actually made sense and you chose to ignore it.

Sound and Seismic waves have no colour... a sound wave could, though, heat material via vibrational friction and cause it to glow... very similar to a resonance frequency causing it to detonate!

Finally, I leave you with this:

If a Warrior captured an amphistaff as it left its polyp, the two were bound together and the amphistaff would loyally serve its new master in battle. Hand motions from the warrior coaxed the amphistaff to either harden or become pliable, for each had its own purposes. Occasionally a Yuuzhan Vong would hurl the hardened amphistaff as a spear, further increasing its lethality. Amphistaffs were, quite possibly, one of the most durable objects known, as not even lightsabers could cut through them. When used as a heavy staff, the serpent would endure blow after blow from the Jedi weaponry and remain unfazed. The amphistaff's edge—measured in atoms—slashed through flesh with no resistance. In the blink of an eye, the amphistaff could soften and wind around the lightsaber's blade, its venomous jaws snapping and tearing at the unfortunate victim's face. Because of its organic nature, these creatures were capable of recovering from virtually any wounds. Nigh indestructible, an amphistaff could only be killed by repeated blunt trauma to or removal of the head.

The vaunted lightsabre, defeated by a simple living creature...

These would be captured, studied, and armor made from them for ground troops. Now Trek's ground troops are immune to ALL your weapons fire. Great

Please Register or Log in to view the hidden image!

4. Google AdSense Guest Advertisement

to hide all adverts.
  5. SkywalkerJedi アスラン・ザラ ( Athrun "Alex" Zala ) Registered Senior Member

You did see it.

Do you call that wave invisable?

6. Google AdSense Guest Advertisement

to hide all adverts.
  7. Kittamaru Ashes to ashes, dust to dust. Adieu, Sciforums. Valued Senior Member

Air speeder, landspeeder, speederbike... my fucking 1990 Pathfinder... they are all PLANETARY vehicles!

8. Kittamaru Ashes to ashes, dust to dust. Adieu, Sciforums. Valued Senior Member

I did not see the wave itself - I saw the debris being PUSHED by the wave!

YOU

CAN

NOT

SEE

AN

ENERGETIC

WAVE!

SEISMIC OR SONIC! PERIOD! END OF FUCKING DISCUSSION!

9. SkywalkerJedi アスラン・ザラ ( Athrun "Alex" Zala ) Registered Senior Member

Never mind about that then, if they fire, they will fire more then 100 missiles.

Sorry, my bad. What do borgs use?
    Okay, I will go with you.

Okay, you win the Seismic arguement, but I don't think TW Scott will, so you have to explain that to him too, you do realize that TW Scott will never belive you.
    The lightsaber is not defeated by it. It can only block lightsaber, because of some weird material that made the flesh. Anyways, where did you get that infomation.
    The problem is that they can only be made by Yuuzhan Vong shaper's "magic" .

10. SkywalkerJedi アスラン・ザラ ( Athrun "Alex" Zala ) Registered Senior Member

Thats what I said.

11. SkywalkerJedi アスラン・ザラ ( Athrun "Alex" Zala ) Registered Senior Member

Just being curious, what is the blue wave?

12. Kittamaru Ashes to ashes, dust to dust. Adieu, Sciforums. Valued Senior Member

That's 100 a second...

Easiest way to defeat the missiles - detonate a photon torp in the middile of the swarm

Borg use energy beams that drain shields directly, tractor beams to immobilize, and cutting lasers. They also use various other energy weapons that not much is known about.

I have Scott on my blocked list... he isn't worth arguing with.

I got that off your wiki link

13. Kittamaru Ashes to ashes, dust to dust. Adieu, Sciforums. Valued Senior Member

The blue wave is matter being heated until it glows due to the energetic release. You've seen a crystal glass being broken by singing, right? Imagine the energy of that note amplified a billion times - the crystal would "shatter" at the atmoic level, and thus would glow.

14. Kittamaru Ashes to ashes, dust to dust. Adieu, Sciforums. Valued Senior Member

That's what I said too...

I'm saying, those vehicles weapons didn't even scorch or burn trees...

15. SkywalkerJedi アスラン・ザラ ( Athrun "Alex" Zala ) Registered Senior Member

Oh, they still have the Dreadnaughts.

16. Flectarn Unregistered User Registered Senior Member

TOS: Space Seed, Kahn was a big player in the Eugenics wars, circa 1994. It's sort of being retconned that the Eugenics Wars and WW3 are the same thing and happened later (mid century)

17. SkywalkerJedi アスラン・ザラ ( Athrun "Alex" Zala ) Registered Senior Member

Oh, the speederbike never shot a tree.

18. Kittamaru Ashes to ashes, dust to dust. Adieu, Sciforums. Valued Senior Member

What was luke riding on then? I know the IMperials that shot them and when luke shot at them, they missed a bunch

19. Kittamaru Ashes to ashes, dust to dust. Adieu, Sciforums. Valued Senior Member

Anyway, I need to go. i have work to do!

20. SkywalkerJedi アスラン・ザラ ( Athrun "Alex" Zala ) Registered Senior Member

They never shot a tree, they shot other speederbikes.

21. Flectarn Unregistered User Registered Senior Member

Kit, you do know that a sonic weapon wouldn't work in space either...right?

22. SkywalkerJedi アスラン・ザラ ( Athrun "Alex" Zala ) Registered Senior Member

Then why did Fett's siesimc charge worked in space?

23. Saquist Banned Banned

Actually?
    There is no actually in that statement in regards to the gap illistrated in my post with the star fighters to ships. ACTUALLY...since fighters and ships are quite close to each other in firepower, ACTUALLY they are both far lower than Star Fleet weaponry shows.

I don't know if it is canon but you haven't shown this is an uncanon statement by questining the the canonicity. The canon shows that the deflectors don't protect more often than not for some reason....Star Wars.com explains this.

You said there would be a shield flash if they were up. So you're wrong by canon alone. There are at least a dozen displays showing that the shields aren't there when a fighter is destroyed especially in the newerepisodes, THERE IS ABSOLUTELY NO SHIELD WEAPON INTERACTION in the new Trillogy. So...I guess according to you there is virtually no shield tech in the Years before the battle of Yavin.

What are you talking about less than a quarter of a second to respond? Between take of flight there is more than a couple of minutes let alone seconds. You're making no sense whats so ever.

Negative. Home One was Admiral Ackbars ship.
    In the scene we see Ackbar in the chair and the Star Destroyer blowing up due to another ship near by. Go back and looks at Antarans screen shots.

affirmative.

okay, yet tactics come into play too when you set up matches. They may have the firepower but can they target these much faster ships? I say no.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.