What if God is actually evil?

Discussion in 'Religion Archives' started by pluto2, May 11, 2010.

1. Adstar Valued Senior Member

I believe Jesus.

I believe the reward is for trusting and believing God/Jesus. being saved is not a reward for good behaviour but a positive response to the will of God

As for control. We have control of our response to His will and the teachings of Jesus.

I believe when those who believe Jesus are raised from the dead we will be changed and made good again. And this world will be renewed and also made good again. i believe we will exist for eternity on earth in perfected bodies, it shall not be a hell on earth, as the earth is now.

I believe i am working with God. Although it is His work that He is pleased for those that believe him to take a joyful, but in the end, ceremonial part in.

I will be freed from this faulty form, i will not become a god, but i will be with God forever.

All Praise The Ancient Of Days

2. Google AdSense Guest Advertisement

to hide all adverts.
  3. davewhite04 Valued Senior Member

Adstar,

What is you opinion of the following scripture:

Psalm 82:5-7

Jesus actually referred to this.

4. Google AdSense Guest Advertisement

to hide all adverts.
  5. UncleChrist Another Imaginary Friend Registered Senior Member

Jesus Or Burn

hmm .....let me think

:bugeye:

6. Google AdSense Guest Advertisement

to hide all adverts.
  7. Thoreau Valued Senior Member

Theologically that would not be possibly. God is all god; god created all. Everything is a representation of god there for god is both good and evil.

8. joepistole Deacon Blues Valued Senior Member

I think you have it. Now the next question is why.

9. Axiomatic Registered Member

What can you do about an evil omnipotent that has decided to ruin your day? Not much, I'd imagine. Perhaps this is a sort of WHEN GOD GIVES YOU LEMONS, YOU FIND A NEW GOD situation.

10. pluto2 Banned Valued Senior Member

The question here is that how can something perfect create something so imperfect?

If the world and people which he created are imperfect, doesn't this show that there is some kind of problem with God?

He already created other things which cause suffering to humans and animals alike like the need to constantly drink, the need to constantly eat, an undesirable sex drive which forces men to masturbate all the time and many other things which cause tremedous suffering like diseases, animals being eaten by other animals, droughts, floods, volcanos and many other bad things.

11. wynn ˙ Valued Senior Member

But is it truly so?
    Do we now see the whole creation as is actually is?
    Do we now fully know who we are and what the Universe is really like?

But are the world and people really imperfect?
    Imperfect by what criteria?

12. Medicine*Woman Jesus: Mythstory--Not History! Valued Senior Member

M*W: Question: Who wrote down what Jesus said at the time he said it? I ask this because there has been nothing found that Jesus actually wrote. Paul wrote the Epistles circa 50-68 AD. The Gospels were written from circa 70-120 AD. Nothing was written down at the time Jesus was to have said what he did. Who wrote down Jesus's original words?

13. davewhite04 Valued Senior Member

John 10:34
    Jesus answered them, Is it not written in your law, I said, Ye are gods?

This is believed to be written by John, when he was 80, in around 90-100AD.

Comparing this to say Buddha, where the earliest writings about him (author(s) unknown) were penned about 400 years after he died.

14. joepistole Deacon Blues Valued Senior Member

I would suggest to you that God is something far more complex than classically envisioned. And I seriously doubt the human brain, in its unmodified state, is capable of fully understanding God.

I would further suggest that in God's world there is no evil nor good...there is just an endless series of possiblities and probablities. It is or it is not.

15. davewhite04 Valued Senior Member

I would tend to agree with you joepistole.

16. sonia99 Registered Member

hi.....

no one is better than god and i believe in god ..... god is protect us and save us for any trouble ....so i believe god is great thing in this whole world

17. NMSquirrel OCD ADHD THC IMO UR12 Valued Senior Member

protection from what?
    can god protects us from ourselves?
    how much trouble is caused by our own choices..?

18. Medicine*Woman Jesus: Mythstory--Not History! Valued Senior Member

M*W: How could any god allow his only son to be killed for the sake of mankind? It just doesn't make sense to me, and I wouldn't want to be responsible for such a death. Fortunately, I've let go of all involvement with this kind of mythology.

19. NMSquirrel OCD ADHD THC IMO UR12 Valued Senior Member

but he was resurected....
    so he knew..

20. joepistole Deacon Blues Valued Senior Member

With all due respect, I think you missed the point. The point is self sacrafice. It is a common theme found in many religions. Self sacrafice is one of the noblest of human behaviors.

The death of Christ enshrines this noblest of deeds. One of the benefits of religion is the teaching of socially beneficial behaviors.

21. Medicine*Woman Jesus: Mythstory--Not History! Valued Senior Member

M*W: With or without a dying savior, a person will encounter situations in life that requires a lot of self-sacrifice. Try raising four kids alone in today's world with no help from anyone. That requires a lot of self-sacrifice! It's worth it in the end, but try doing it!

Also, being an atheist does not eliminate the areas of self-sacrifice one must experience.

22. Medicine*Woman Jesus: Mythstory--Not History! Valued Senior Member

M*W: But the crucifixion part (a myth) was so unnecessary.

23. joepistole Deacon Blues Valued Senior Member

I did more than try, I did it. I did raise my son by myself....all the way from 4 years old to maturity.

Please Register or Log in to view the hidden image!

What I was trying to communicate is that religion uses myth and stories to communicate idealized behaviors. In the instance of Christ dying on the cross, to me it says that self sacrafice is so important, that not even God...the creator of all things...is immune to the benefits and the burdens of self sacrafice.

Last edited: Jun 3, 2010