Star Wars vs Star Trek

Discussion in 'SciFi & Fantasy' started by Pollux V, May 9, 2002.

?

Which universe would win?

1. Star Trek

227 vote(s)
    35.5%
  2. Star Wars

268 vote(s)
    41.9%
  3. Spaceballs

47 vote(s)
    7.3%
  4. Farscape

12 vote(s)
    1.9%
  5. Dune

50 vote(s)
    7.8%
  6. Stargate

36 vote(s)
    5.6%
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Kittamaru Ashes to ashes, dust to dust. Adieu, Sciforums. Valued Senior Member

So there is NOTHING new in SW... they are at their technological apoch?

Good to know - makes it even easier for Trek, Stargate... hell, even Last Starfighter to steamroll em flat.

2. Google AdSense Guest Advertisement

to hide all adverts.
  3. Kittamaru Ashes to ashes, dust to dust. Adieu, Sciforums. Valued Senior Member

I fixed it up for ya TW Scott CLone.

4. Google AdSense Guest Advertisement

to hide all adverts.
  5. Kittamaru Ashes to ashes, dust to dust. Adieu, Sciforums. Valued Senior Member

Again, fixed for you.

6. Google AdSense Guest Advertisement

to hide all adverts.
  7. Kittamaru Ashes to ashes, dust to dust. Adieu, Sciforums. Valued Senior Member

8. FoolFromHell Photons be Free. Registered Senior Member

The Asgard could go from Earth to their own Galaxy in a few minutes...

I believe it beats HyperWarp?

9. FoolFromHell Photons be Free. Registered Senior Member

nuclear warheads are perfectly effective against ground targets like goa'uld. Towards the end, you see nukes are powerless against Wraith Shields without beaming shit in.

10. Tnerb Banned Banned

Well, we still haven't decided the basics which are that star treck or star wars has higher firepower in the sky. I was told two different things in this thread. One that star treck is far more powerful, and the other that star wars is. All in all though, I would like to see the thread close

Please Register or Log in to view the hidden image!

But, I suppose it is a little bit fun and besides that I would imagine that the Jedi as mentioned in whatever year this is taking place in... Would be able to obliverate anything, therefore there being no need for a thread like this?

11. Lord Vasago bcd Registered Senior Member

because stormtroopers are normale humans that are recruted by the empire.
    they are normale soldiers

12. antaran_1979 Registered Senior Member

1. has anyone ever atempted to eliminate their foghters?
    2.those are funky shields then. all shields in SG function like this? it makes my think they are more of absorbtion then deflector shields. or the weapons in SG are incredebly weak.
    3.ok, this becomes problematic. unlimited power or energy? both are kind od pseudo science, but power would be blashemous.
    4.in that video you posted they missed at least 2 times in a row when shooting at a 35 degrees banking enemy at point plank range. whenever tehy fired at long range the enemy was static.

13. antaran_1979 Registered Senior Member

there is nothing inherently wrong with nuclear weapons, it's the energy output of the weapon that matters.

14. antaran_1979 Registered Senior Member

what do numbers have to do with my post?
    anyways, as far as the computers go, what makes you think, the clones don't use them?

15. antaran_1979 Registered Senior Member

i agree and have always wondered how much of their war machine could they spare for external ambitions?

16. antaran_1979 Registered Senior Member

watching RoTS i tend to agree. the clones are better fighters then the Gem'Hadar as far as tactics, equipents and training goes. still it takes time to grow clones and yet again time to train them. all in all it may take months or years to field the next batch. Gem'Hadar are available twise a week. and they come as good as they get, being cannon fodder that they are. clones would be over wealmed fast.

17. antaran_1979 Registered Senior Member

there has never been a personal deflector in SW movies or games. Katarn's shields were ray shields. Droideka's allso. besides you don't need them transported in one piece

18. antaran_1979 Registered Senior Member

what is the holonet?

19. antaran_1979 Registered Senior Member

no big wonder there. closed sociaties tend to do that. take the Romans for example. or the Chinese.late Roman legions were both lacking in training and equipement when compared t otheir late Republican and early Imperial counterparts.

20. antaran_1979 Registered Senior Member

i don't think he's a TWS Clone or related. not for now at least :bugeye:

21. antaran_1979 Registered Senior Member

only true hyperdrive beats that (see Dune, Foundation and Lost in Space). and coaxial warp afcourse.

22. antaran_1979 Registered Senior Member

if it was prior the Clone War's i might have agreed. but later on, there is just to few of them.

23. antaran_1979 Registered Senior Member

let's not forget Obi Wan's comment: "only Imperial Stormtroopers are this precise" when commenting on the Javas's wreackedge, implying their skill. ...or lack of it.....

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.