Another "Which Universe Would Win?" Thread!

Discussion in 'SciFi & Fantasy' started by Starthane Xyzth, Jan 23, 2005.

?

Who would win?

1. Babylon 5

5 vote(s)
    18.5%
  2. BattleStar Galactica

3 vote(s)
    11.1%
  3. Dr. Who

7 vote(s)
    25.9%
  4. Transformers

8 vote(s)
    29.6%
  5. Andromeda

4 vote(s)
    14.8%
  1. Starthane Xyzth returns occasionally... Valued Senior Member

As suggested in the Star Trek vs. Star Wars thread, here is a similar discussion for us uber-nerds to assess who would win an inter-universe sci-fi crossover war.

Please Register or Log in to view the hidden image!

The combatants:

Babylon 5

BattleStar Galactica

Dr. Who

Transformers

Andromeda

My bet would be on the Babylon 5 team, since they have the Vorlons & Shadows with their planet-killers. Though there were probably some very powerful Dr. Who entities I've forgotten or never seen...

Last edited: Jan 23, 2005
  2. Google AdSense Guest Advertisement

to hide all adverts.
  3. CounslerCoffee Registered Senior Member

B5 as the winner? Don't know about that. I've been watching the new BSG and they have some seriously cool fighter jets that could take out a White Star with no problems.

4. Google AdSense Guest Advertisement

to hide all adverts.
  5. Thor "Pfft, Rebel scum!" Valued Senior Member

Transformers I'm afraid. There's just to damned many of them and they can be anything...watch your back, they could be your walls!

6. Google AdSense Guest Advertisement

to hide all adverts.
  7. CounslerCoffee Registered Senior Member

At least we all agree that Andromeda would not win. That show sucks. Period.

8. Thor "Pfft, Rebel scum!" Valued Senior Member

///Hides Amazon receipt for Andromeda Season 1

Yeah, yeah, it would get it's taint handed to it especially seeing as everyone is too busy fighting each other.

9. OpteronGuy I just killed you Registered Senior Member

Never watched Andromeda either, but since you seem to not like it, I voted for it.

Should be fun in class tomorrow, eh?

10. jennyRater Luck B me 2nite Registered Senior Member

Dr. Who I say, its got the Black Gaurdian and that time monster thing - living outside the universe. Plus Darleks and Cyber men and lots of other nasties. I havnt seen the new Battlestar yet, though. Sounds awsome.

11. Kron Maxwell's demon Registered Senior Member

I have decided to remain !!! (Not that I assume anyone cares...)

I voted for Babylon 5. Though only because I have no idea about any of the other ones. Could somebody please throw me a freakin' bone?

12. Starthane Xyzth returns occasionally... Valued Senior Member

BattleStar Galactica had some huge starships, almost comparable to Imperial Star Destroyers - but you never saw them wipe out a planet as such.

Dr. Who involved such a myriad of alien races, including the ocassional godlike powers, that perhaps it would indeed win (my vote remains with B5, however). Oh, and welcome to the forum, Jenny...

Transformers was a cartoon about 2 warring races of dimorphic robots; their universe included other powerful aliens (generally also mechanical in nature), the most dangerous of which was a planet-crushing machine named Unicron.

And I've hardly ever seen Andromeda.

13. CounslerCoffee Registered Senior Member

I did not see this post until today.

Andromeda sucks! How dare you vote for it! B5 all the way! Oh, and I can edit your posts and change the poll to make you vote for what I want you to vote for. But that would be unethical.

14. Kron Maxwell's demon Registered Senior Member

I believe that the "Shadows phase outta hyperspace and then eat your planet" process to be a very profound argument in favor of Babyon 5

15. Kron Maxwell's demon Registered Senior Member

I also believe you'll find evidence of the Shadows' and Vorlons' overwhelming might in the following:

Weapons

Shields and Armor

16. Starthane Xyzth returns occasionally... Valued Senior Member

Great links, Kron! I am glad you decided to hang around.

17. jennyRater Luck B me 2nite Registered Senior Member

Youre welcome

18. OpteronGuy I just killed you Registered Senior Member

Just out to give you a headache! Since I can't seem to do it enough in class.

19. Kron Maxwell's demon Registered Senior Member

I'm glad to be appreciated (and glad anyone cares). Thanks Starthane.

Anyway, that's only the Vorlons and the Shadows. There's also the Great Machine (Which can warp time). Last but not least, the deadliest of them all... THE SPOO, HAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHA!!!! They will sigh and sit like cabbages and drive you STARK RAVING MAD !!!!! I enjoy having a good laugh sometimes...

20. jennyRater Luck B me 2nite Registered Senior Member

Spoo? Wasnt that Centari food - I mean, most Centari seemd soft + pampered to me. Their food wouldnt be so awful really. Not like what those squid-face aliens ate (the carrion feeders)

Those articles about the Shadow ship's weapons which you linked us, Kron, are v well done.. but arent they just a bit too nerdy?? I guess the author has extractd far more "info" from watching the battles on screen than the production crew ever came up with while filming it..

21. Kron Maxwell's demon Registered Senior Member

jennyRater, you have to assimilate the fact that I AM a nerd. As for the Spoo, they're so pathetic that they actually drive their farmer's barking mad.

22. jennyRater Luck B me 2nite Registered Senior Member

well, its great that you are unashamed of nerdness... too many people think its wrong, like a crime of some sort, and I dont see why unless you talk about your interst when no one wants to hear it.

23. Roman Banned Banned

Is Babylon 5 part of the Star Trek continuum?