Modern rise in diabetesII/IR-Non-Genetic?

Discussion in 'Biology & Genetics' started by Kumar, Aug 31, 2004.

1. Kumar Registered Senior Member

WCF, yes, I included it in internal environment factor (pH, temp. etc.) in some of my posting on reproductive system/sperm's production. I was thinking it to take up next time as it looks pH & temp. can both be inter-dependant or inter-related. In enzymes/hormones/gemete making & working--Optimal pH & Optimal Tempreture can be more relevant. However, I am trying to understand that which is basic in these two. Can you indicate something? Can damage to genes/genetic code possible by some tempreture imbalance?

2. Google AdSense Guest Advertisement

to hide all adverts.
  3. Kumar Registered Senior Member

It is not so. It may be due to less importance given to our environments--internal or outer.

Please Register or Log in to view the hidden image!

However, Optimal pH & Optimal tempreture may mean environments & can be of prime importance. Some/most ancient/old systems do indicate constitutional/systematic/inherited chracteristics/imbalances keeping in mind acid,base & water imbalances as root cause of all or most problems(even infections).

4. Google AdSense Guest Advertisement

to hide all adverts.
  5. Kumar Registered Senior Member

It is sweat--how it will help to reduce acidity?

6. Google AdSense Guest Advertisement

to hide all adverts.
  7. ElectricFetus Sanity going, going, gone Valued Senior Member

I have made the kook consider 2 variables now, lets see if we can't give him some more to think about? Oh I got a good one: Co2, in effects that pH variable but does so much more, carbonate is the bodies natural buffer, I wonder if environmental Co2 levels have a effect?

8. Kumar Registered Senior Member

Basic ones will be matter & energy, but we can see those forms to which we are exposed physically & accordingly.

Now, which naturally existing body substances (in their similar existing forms) can cause genetic mutations, defects or damages, if these or any of these are imbalanced?

9. John Connellan Valued Senior Member

It is probably the most acidic sustance we ingest. I drink 2 litres a day, what about u?!

10. John Connellan Valued Senior Member

There is evidence to show that a low body temperature ealry in life, corresponds to increased longevity. Lower than average thyroid function also correlates with this!

11. ElectricFetus Sanity going, going, gone Valued Senior Member

ah its low later in life but yes low thyroid function could correlate, is that another variable Kumar needs to consider?

12. Kumar Registered Senior Member

John, is it acidic in GIT or internal. Is it due to sugar base. I don't take much may be diabetic.

Low temp. on testis also relevant. How our warm,tight, clothes & underwear or sitting for long can effect testes work. Can these cause heriditary/genetic changes??

WCF, can you tell me genetic/hereditary relevance to tempreture imbalances? I have to understand it becuse optimal temp. is important. It is also relevant to cancer tumor.

13. inamorata Banned Banned

Ugh. I was under the impression that Type II diabetes was not considered a genetic disease to begin with. Buit rather a factor of lifestyle.

And thats going back.... 5 years? to University Honours. Thats what we were taught anyhow.

14. ElectricFetus Sanity going, going, gone Valued Senior Member

15. Kumar Registered Senior Member

WCF, Thanks for the suggestion. Don't you like that we discuss here something like it.

Anyway, I give below few aspects related to Histones & Non-Histones protiens as available on various sites. Acid, base & tempreture control may be related to these protiens. Can't these be destabilized, on their exposure to imbalanced temp., alkaline & acidic atmosphere as present in various parts of reproductive systems leadind to some genetic/hereditary changes?

16. ElectricFetus Sanity going, going, gone Valued Senior Member

yes but we are talking about excessive pH change and temperature change.

17. DeeCee Valued Senior Member

I hate diabetes it bores me to tears.
    posting here is too much like working but I'll throw in a clue or two.

Krebs is relativly ph tolerant. No joy for you there.
    The reported increase in incidence?
    Check your social factors. Increasing obesity within populations, demographics of old age, racial differences. Improved diagnostics ect ect.

Quick link http://www.pathology.vcu.edu/education/endocrine/endocrine/diabetes/

Be wary whenever you try to tease the truth out of complex non-linear systems.

Go for it.
    Dee Cee

18. Kumar Registered Senior Member

Can't destabilized Histones & non-histones due to excessive change in pH & tempreture(because outer env. factors & modern lifestyles)) destablize us? Histones & non-histones seems to be environmental (ph & temp.) sesitive?

DeeCee, We can't hate diabetes as becoming alike our family member. Tears for it are ok.

Thanks for clues. But modern social factors. Increasing obesity within populations, demographics of old age, racial(dietry) differences) all can alter our internal environmental factors(mental stress increase gastric secretions) and any/many effect/s can be via these env. factors.

Lastly, to discuss here, working can be something special but repeating is just normal--can also be read on internet.

19. John Connellan Valued Senior Member

Whatever acid is taken continuously will eventually be acidic internally as well as GIT.

I'm not sure exactly what causes the pH.

Are u really a diabetic?

It depends what effects they have. Can u provide me with some examples? All I know is that it can just decrease sperm count temporarily.

Thyroid function may be genetic.

20. DeeCee Valued Senior Member

As far as endocrine disorders go the physiological mechanisms underlying diabetes are pretty well understood.
    If you want to rewrite the textbooks and win your Nobel then feel free to do some research.

Good Luck
    Dee Cee

21. Kumar Registered Senior Member

DeeCee, True causes of diabetes, insulin resistance & so many aspects seems to be not yet known or not yet well understood.

Btw, can we get high blood gulcose levels due to excess insulin(how it can be excess)?

Can you tell something odd/new in these details on metabolic syndrome:-http://www.diabetes.org/weightloss-and-exercise/weightloss/metabolicsyndrome.jsp

Last edited: Sep 3, 2004
  22. Iris Registered Senior Member

23. Kumar Registered Senior Member

Can you pls explain this mechanism bit more?