Gendanken's Banning

Discussion in 'SF Open Government' started by invert_nexus, Aug 20, 2004.

?

Should Gendanken be unbanned?

Poll closed Sep 19, 2004.
  1. Yes

26 vote(s)
    61.9%
  2. No

16 vote(s)
    38.1%
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. ElectricFetus Sanity going, going, gone Valued Senior Member

Arditezza,

Sure I agree, in fact I think it should also qualify for them inside there forums.

I think I notice a problem here: what does the need to punish moderators have with Gendanken temporary banning? I mean if a moderators gets away wit ha crime does that mean Gendanken should to?

Last edited: Aug 27, 2004
  2. Guest Guest Advertisement

to hide all adverts.
  3. Don Vito Banned Banned

pardon fetus
    allow me to explain in a more succinct manner

duh duh. duhduhduhduh! duh! duh duh duh duh.

*better?

4. Guest Guest Advertisement

to hide all adverts.
  5. ElectricFetus Sanity going, going, gone Valued Senior Member

invert_nexus

I never made such a confession about harrasing anyone at work.

I don't really fear losing my modship now, but I'm not as daring as Xev. I do honestly beleive I should follow the rules I and goofyfish argeed to. I trying to deal with my critics has only result in other moderators argeeing that I should not even confront you as I'm doing now. I only stand here argueing you people at this time, against recommendation, because I think your over-blowing what has happend here.

6. Guest Guest Advertisement

to hide all adverts.
  7. invert_nexus Ze do caixao Valued Senior Member

Uhhh. Because it appears that GoofyFish was in the wrong on this one.

If not punishment, then at the least a protocol should be established that will prevent this type of abuse in the future. Or the accusation of abuse. It will protect both sides.

8. ElectricFetus Sanity going, going, gone Valued Senior Member

*cough* I mean if a moderators gets away with a crime does that mean Gendanken should to? I mean how is GoofyFish wrong on this? Gendanken violated a rule and was banished temporarily. I would think Gendanken should have been warned about his behavior first, perhaps he was, if so even more reason for his punishment.

9. Don Vito Banned Banned

i wonder, since the mods seem so freaked out about cuss words, why dont they ask the grand poohbah to implement the censor feature in vbulletin?

wouldnt it be fun to think up silly substitutes? perhaps even compete with the boards over at aol?

10. invert_nexus Ze do caixao Valued Senior Member

How many times do I have to say it? She didn't insult anyone by saying Fuck you all. How is fuck you an insult? It's a vulgar expletive not a fucking insult.

11. wesmorris Nerd Overlord - we(s):1 of N Valued Senior Member

By WCF's own logic vert, "fuck you all" is not a personal insult.

It's kind of the same thing as saying "anyone who would vote for bush is stupid".

12. ElectricFetus Sanity going, going, gone Valued Senior Member

invert_nexus,

ya but its still a rule violation. The occasional us of profanity is alright but using it when speaking of someone is not. Such language in descriptive use usually result in flaming.

13. invert_nexus Ze do caixao Valued Senior Member

So, fuck you all when spoken abstractly is used in the description of a person how?

You obviously want no part of the point I've been making. Fuck you all in the context in which it was uttered was an abstract phrase decrying what Gendanken saw a hypocrisy and injustice. She was expressing discontent. She was not describing anybody. In no way could her utterance be taken as a description.

14. ElectricFetus Sanity going, going, gone Valued Senior Member

Well to be precise as I did write that rule and goofyfish did revise them, “fuck you all” will be interpreted as not allowed. This rule exist for the mentioned anti-flaming purposes if I do not believe a specific statement will cause this I might let it pass, goofyfish though did not take pity on that statement. Aparently Goofyfish has been abset with Gendanken's behavior and this might have been the final straw.

by the way could you show me why that statement is why goofyfish bannished him?

15. invert_nexus Ze do caixao Valued Senior Member

So in other words the rules don't matter. Regardless of it's descriptive nature, it's still included in the blanket statement.

Nice.

Another example.

What else will be included?

Fuck me?

Fuck a duck?

Fuck me in the goat's ass?

Shit a brick?

Shit?

Sh

S

16. invert_nexus Ze do caixao Valued Senior Member

Look at the thread.

Gendanken posted and less than a minute later Goofyfish posted and said Good bye or some such smart ass remark. There's a link in the first post of this thread.

And by the way, Gendanken is a SHE. As if you didn't know. Is that an insult? Would it be included under the provisions of altering names and words to make them insulting? Altering her to him. She to he. An indirect strike?

17. ElectricFetus Sanity going, going, gone Valued Senior Member

Don’t go into a slippery slop here, Its simple that the rule does not accurately cover what we think in vulgar wording worthy of editing. Perhaps in the 2.2 it will be more desciptive.

Technically we are all s/he (its) here as proving your sex is a hard feat over the internet. So the correct definition is s/he, I try to use that but I slip up at times sorry. but again it does not Gendanken behavior right even if I was insulting people, remember that Ad Hominem Tu Quoque, no you don't? logical arguments seem to be beyond you?

Could you post that link?

18. invert_nexus Ze do caixao Valued Senior Member

I'm just trying to find the edge here. Where the rule lies. What can be said. What can't be said.

It seems that soon vulgarity will be utterly expunged. Might as well just crank up those long dead censoring circuits. Save everyone headache and hassle. No more swearing at sciforums. Just like those wonderful scientists at NASA who wouldn't send 'smut' to the stars with Voyager, we here at Sciforums are far too delicate to withstand a little coarse language. Definitely sounds like you're clearing the way for the 8 year olds and their pokemon collections.

Edit: Just go the first post in this thread. IT's right there.

19. ElectricFetus Sanity going, going, gone Valued Senior Member

again don't go on a slippery slop, but I will repeat logical arguements seem to be beyond you.

20. gendanken Ruler of All the Lands Valued Senior Member

Feetus:
    No its not.

*queef* lol, stop being such little wee wee, eee heee, Feety *flaunting cleavege and pointing out that men want her*

Can't you tell I'm a chick?

21. invert_nexus Ze do caixao Valued Senior Member

What the hell are you talking about? Slippery slope? Asking about the rules? Oy. Slippery slope indeed.

22. ElectricFetus Sanity going, going, gone Valued Senior Member

you could be a writing dog for all I know. no no I got it your a bot right? dam they are programing those things pretty well these days

Please Register or Log in to view the hidden image!

invert_nexus,

ya, I'm not going to continue argueing with you, your not even making sense now.

23. gendanken Ruler of All the Lands Valued Senior Member

Very:
    He's very ineffectively trying to point out Damocle's sword swinging over you.
    Wal Mart tends to destroy common sense in their workers.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.