Gendanken's Banning

Discussion in 'SF Open Government' started by invert_nexus, Aug 20, 2004.

?

Should Gendanken be unbanned?

Poll closed Sep 19, 2004.
  1. Yes

26 vote(s)
    61.9%
  2. No

16 vote(s)
    38.1%
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. gendanken Ruler of All the Lands Valued Senior Member

Whitewolf:
    Good, now look up this one: resistentialism

It describes a state where inanimate objects are unusually adverse to humans- it could also be used to describe a mindless corpse devoid of insight or thinking yet daring enough to voice its inanity.
    This lifeless thing doesn’t need to be a lightswitch, a fork, or a condom- it could also be a woman since we all know that between the genders, she’s the likeliest to resemble an angry, harmless fork mad at a human being that can bend her.

See how simple?
    This woman is beautiful in the way she depreciates "common knowledge" when the simplest thing to see under her little mask is that she doesn't have any.
    Common knowledge is knowing that I know why this type of woman would put up thread referencing men whistling at her from construction sites- like a toddler showing off his crayon.

GORGEOUS.

Lou:
    You’re so beautiful.

Fountainhed:
    You’re so godamned fucking beautiful.

Invert and Ariditezza:

Its not really about the Fish- think about it.
    Honest.
    He’s only one of the many spawned by a world so big, prolific and uniform its bred clones like mice- the common man.
    And when the commoner is given status, he becomes an exaggeration.
    We all know that the clumsiest tyrant is the deputy, not the sheriff.
    He too is achingly beautiful.

Last edited: Aug 27, 2004
  2. Guest Guest Advertisement

to hide all adverts.
  3. ElectricFetus Sanity going, going, gone Valued Senior Member

Arditezza,

Actually many corrupt cops get away with it, some get caught and punished, but the ratio of cops getting punished to civilians getting punished is in favor of the cops, if you’re a cop your most likely to get away with a crime, that is exactly what happens here in sciforums. the moderators are more likely to get away with breaking rules, but that does not mean they are immune from punishment.

4. Guest Guest Advertisement

to hide all adverts.
  5. gendanken Ruler of All the Lands Valued Senior Member

You're missing the point.
    A cunty cop is admirable if wise in vulgarity, but one powerhungry and cunty is ......amusing.

6. Guest Guest Advertisement

to hide all adverts.
  7. ElectricFetus Sanity going, going, gone Valued Senior Member

admirable or amusing that’s the worst we can do?, wow sounds great.

Please Register or Log in to view the hidden image!

8. wesmorris Nerd Overlord - we(s):1 of N Valued Senior Member

what if we insult members who aren't offended? hehe.

yeah okay whatever.

9. gendanken Ruler of All the Lands Valued Senior Member

Look, you.
    What are you doing in here?
    Chatting?

Fun stuff how the world rids itself of everything and keeps the chatty, gabby things for warmth and company.
    Pokemonks.

10. invert_nexus Ze do caixao Valued Senior Member

Interesting to attribute this to a world-wide trend. It's true of course. The whole politically correct politeness that is emlazoned in the hearts and minds of the masses. We can all be king for a day in the home of the free.

What a treat. Micro and macro. I've heard some speak of this place as a tiny fishbowl that symbolizes the world. So many different types here. An excellent place to observe humanity. If one were to look.

About FountainHed. To be fair he did say he would have sung a different tune if the banishment were permanent. And he also sort of agreed that the 7-day aspect was unfair.

Almost forgot. Welcome back to our lovely forum, Gendaken. Let's hope that we can prevent it from being overrun with Pokemon.

11. gendanken Ruler of All the Lands Valued Senior Member

Verty:
    That's Pokemonks. Pokemonks.
    And all of them with their heads bowed in a turban saying their fwuffy wuffy pwayers to da modewators.

12. Arditezza Banned Banned

You answers are so shallow. So tell me, when has a moderator been punished? Some of them blatently and purposely break the rules, knowing that not a soul will touch them, even Porfiry.

Tell me, and try to find it within yourself to grow a spine and be honest with us; Do you personally believe that it is okay for moderators to insult members repeatedly?

And welcome back, gendanken.

13. gendanken Ruler of All the Lands Valued Senior Member

Ard:
    Danke.

There is only one mod that insults around here but she is not powerhungry.
    For this she is tolerable. Were she a hybrid of the fish and just as maladorous, then would I back any mentions of banning.
    I don't think you see this.

14. Arditezza Banned Banned

I see it, but I think that her lashing out and insulting is quite different from your own. She could only wish to have your depth and wit, and she lashes out just for dramatic effect and nothing more. Compared to a Botticelli, she is a cubed Picaso and just as seperated from reality. While she strikes for the win, you strike for much more than that. I think you knew that already as well.

Tolerable, yes. But not in your league... then again, very few are.

15. invert_nexus Ze do caixao Valued Senior Member

Gendanken,
    Ahh. I get you. I had wondered what you meant by that. And it might also speak of the superstitious who refuse to change. Those who would make science into magic once more.

16. ElectricFetus Sanity going, going, gone Valued Senior Member

Arditezza,

As you have witness your self, moderators get edited, I have personal knowledge of moderators getting warned for conducting infractions. .

No I don't believe it "OK" for moderators to insult or break rules, I thought that would have been clear by now. Its one of the reasons why I'm being so polite, calm and logical even though you people bad mouth me constantly. If I was abusive of my powers I would be as rude as Xev.

17. Arditezza Banned Banned

Edits and warnings have not been enough. And they are hardly punishment, as they have no outcome. I am saying, that any moderator who repeatedly breaks the rules outside their own forum should be treated as a member and likewise be punished as a member for their infractions. Don't you agree?

18. wesmorris Nerd Overlord - we(s):1 of N Valued Senior Member

For a while I was trying to open the eyes of a blind man. What do you care?

Your angst is SO teeny. Cute.

19. invert_nexus Ze do caixao Valued Senior Member

*A* moderator gets edited. That's the first I've ever been privy to. And look at the context for which he was edited. It appears he was edited for vulgarity, but come on. We know better than that, don't we? Was his original post really that vulgar? Ha!

He was edited as a reprimand for not showing moderator solidarity.

I wonder if this editing is the sign of his end coming. A removal of power.

I think that the reason you are trying to sound so polite and rational is because you're scared shitless of losing your moderatorship. Your new kid on the block and still have to mind your p's and q's. You've already been through a scandal. You've admitted to harassing a member of the forum at his work. You later reneged on that confession, but I find that doubtful. You thought you could shift the blame to this guy who said he'd help you out. When you realized that people would still hold you accountable for what your would-be assassin (hyperbole) did then you started crying about how pathetic your life was and how you'd kill yourself to stay. Now you're desperate to maintain moderatorship. You'd do anything for it, I bet.

Another reason is because of the context of this thread. You're trying to show the other mods that you can handle the peons. "Look, guys, look what I can do!" But you're not doing it well. IMO.

I've said this before. That Xev has been on vacation most of my time here. So, I don't have any direct contact with her, but I've heard of no abuses of power from her. Other than telling people to eat a cock. I consider her "abusing" her mod powers to insult and speak vulgarity is trivial compared to other forms of abuse. Such as unfair banning and arbitrary judgements. An insult lasts a second. A seven-day ban lasts seven days. Well... 5 in Gendanken's case.

And still no explanation for why the early return. No apologies for the inconvenience. Not even a mumbled, "[size=-2]Maybe I was hasty.[/size]"

20. Don Vito Banned Banned

there appears to be a seedy and vicious underbelly to sciforums that is not immediately apparent. for instance....

we also have this pm from goofy....

"Actually, you're just a little shit bird who has nothing better to do than play the martyr"

as you can see, there are some that come out only at night to sate their bloodlust. outwardly, they embrace the facade of righteousness and hypocritical civility. they look just like you and me. i believe it is our duty (think about the children for crisssakes) to expose these evil and cunning monsters before the damage gets too extensive. it is the members morale that is subject to these insidious attacks. the community is culled and fragmentated by the evil machinations of the mods

*script submitted and copyrighted. do not plagiarize **

i wonder. how many here have the courage of their convictions? can you remain here with integrity intact, knowing of the injustices perpetrated and be accepting of it? (cost of doing business?)

are you not a hypocrite as well. are you not part of the problem? can you not make a stand? one that goes beyond mere words. the very same words that are subject to the whims and fancies of the powers that be.

i say boycott! boycott these fucking bastards. refuse to participate for a period of time. it is only a few members that make regular contributions to sciforums. without you, the community dies.

21. Don Vito Banned Banned

see here

well arditezza? get with it soldier! the way i see it..this is conduct unbecoming. i recommend that modship be stripped.

heh

22. Don Vito Banned Banned

to hell with you, james. you will not dictate which discussions i may participate in. while goofy is a natural born asshole, why must you follow suit?

23. Bells Staff Member

Gendy was banned?

Please Register or Log in to view the hidden image!

Ermmm sorry you were gone and glad you're back (I just saw the welcome back message above).

Heh! What perfect world do you live in? Police who go against policy and the law, go to court, have the case thrown out of court and a riot usually ensues.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.