Kill Bill

Discussion in 'Art & Culture' started by SoLiDUS, Oct 13, 2003.

1. Walker Hard Work! Registered Senior Member

Hahaha!

Props for a sense of humor

Please Register or Log in to view the hidden image!

2. Google AdSense Guest Advertisement

to hide all adverts.
  3. lixluke Refined Reinvention Valued Senior Member

Beautiful! Lots of thumbs up for Last Samurai on meeting my expectations for worthy blood spraying!

4. Google AdSense Guest Advertisement

to hide all adverts.
  5. A4Ever Knows where his towel is Registered Senior Member

This was one of the best movies I ever saw. Went to the theater three times

I"m afraid to see part two, because this is so brilliant and I would not want a lesser part 2 to spoil the whole. Although I'll always have part one and I trust Quentin

The movie is pure style. From The Bride walking down the stairs to the rythm of the music, to the entry of Oren-Ishii and her gang in the tavern, to the anime part, to Daryl Hannah whistling, to... every single part of it is perfect.

Little caucasian girl likes to play with samurai swords...

6. Google AdSense Guest Advertisement

to hide all adverts.
  7. lixluke Refined Reinvention Valued Senior Member

Beatrix Kiddo.

I remember him calling her Kiddo, and wondering if that would end up to being her name.

8. spuriousmonkey Banned Banned

I saw Kill Bill again last night. Everybody else was seeing LOTR. I found it still quite enjoyable for a second viewing. That usually means it is a good movie, because otherwise I tend to fall asleep with second encounters.

9. NightCrawler Registered Member

I too found kill bill enjoyable all the action and fighting but one thing that was so stupid in the movie was the part when she kept on saying wiggle your big toe

10. lixluke Refined Reinvention Valued Senior Member

VOL 2

Did anybody notice that the girl wanted to watch 'Shogun Assasin'?
    I think that was the highlight.
    Shogun Assasin is badass.

11. lixluke Refined Reinvention Valued Senior Member

They should have shown it as one whole movie because the continuity would be more effective.
    Most of all, the crap fact that it's two movies means that you have to pay twice when you could have paid once.

12. Avatar smoking revolver Valued Senior Member

an amazing film! I enjoyed it greatly. :m:

13. transio Creative Genius Registered Senior Member

It couldn't be one film as effectively. Each film has its own character.

14. lixluke Refined Reinvention Valued Senior Member

It is one film. It was made as one film, but too long so they cut it, and produced it as two. They both have the same tone and the same character. Each chapter might have had an individual tone, but the tone of the whole movie put together was continuous. It was filmed as one whole movie. For the sake of our pcokets, it should have been edited and released that way.

15. Angie Registered Member

I think Uma Thurman said it best "The first is the Kill, the second is the Bill". I think the split movie effect worked well. Anyway, complaining about it? Go complain about fucking Star Wars, not something like that.

16. lixluke Refined Reinvention Valued Senior Member

The what Star Wars?

17. happy iraq boy Banned Banned

it was entertaining although far frooom his best work and no where near the best film i have seen

18. sargentlard Save the whales motherfucker Valued Senior Member

Great movie but goddamn did he kill the pace of this film.

At points I thought I was watching a slow art house film....first one had a speedy pace with enough slow moments to counter the rapid and hectic fight scenes....

vol2 however...too slow for an action movie.

19. Kunax Sciforums:Reality not required Registered Senior Member

Volume 2 is alo good, it might not have the same amount of blood as vol 1 but its still good.

20. wesmorris Nerd Overlord - we(s):1 of N Valued Senior Member

okay so how come no one is talking about it being an anime flick?

it's a live action anime flick. fucking badass! LOVED it. i thought it took a lot of creative juice to make an anime flick, a really goddamned good one, into a live action flick and still capture that anime style. i'm not a huge anime fan, but i've seen a few i really really liked. kill bill is at the top of the list.

21. Kunax Sciforums:Reality not required Registered Senior Member

what is a live anime flick anyway?

There are hints to many different things in kill bill vol 1-2, anime is not the only place where blood flow in streams.

22. buffys Registered Loser Registered Senior Member

I'm not sure if it was all the hype or the fact that I've never been a fan of b-samurai movies but I found it to be just ... ok. I loved the anime stuff, beautiful and for some reason I loved the whistling nurse scene (I couldn't get that tune out of my head for 3 days) but overall it was pretty forgettable for me. Maybe I have to see both to get the "genius" of it but as of now it's my second least favorite from QT.

I have to say that the music kicked ass though, no one does music as consistently cool as Tarantino.

23. lixluke Refined Reinvention Valued Senior Member

KB is nowhere neat a live action anime flick.
    I've seen some that really are like live action animes.
    I saw a movie where the actors all had powers like the typical DragonBallZ type anime.
    It was just like any anime only live action.

Then there was that crappy live action version of the Tick.
    I wouldn't classify thay as live action anime, but it popped into mind.
    Why oh why did they do it?