Everyone Go about Your Business

Discussion in 'Site Feedback' started by hypewaders, Feb 22, 2004.

1. hypewaders Save Changes Registered Senior Member

I am humbly protesting over obsession with the tone in which something was written, or the particularly pointed sticks or weighty stones that may allegedly have been perceived to possibly have been mean-spiritedly thrown into the river and allowed to splash, ripple, and dissipate, or (even worse) to have floated jauntily on down the river until out of sight and mind. Recognizing that even our lives are passing us by, must we protest every unsanitized or even ill-conceived and communicated thought or exchange thereof? I have never seriously considered eating my excrement and perishing, even when someone has made the suggestion- so it doesn't really bother me unless I want it to.

Alternatively, we could just let the words flow with equal opportunity to be contemplated, glanced at, or ignored. Those who choose to process everything like lawyers are sometimes tiresome. I suggest that they all eat shit and die.

Last edited: Feb 22, 2004
  2. Guest Guest Advertisement

to hide all adverts.
  3. spuriousmonkey Banned Banned

I concur. I don't always have time or the urge to figure out if a certain sentence might hurt someone.

4. Guest Guest Advertisement

to hide all adverts.
  5. Dr Lou Natic Unnecessary Surgeon Registered Senior Member

Yes, agree 100%
    In fact I think it should be against board rules for calling someone out on their "tone". It disrupts the flow of conversations, and its SUCH a trivial non-issue. I think we should be free to talk like people talk, and if people get insulted they get insulted. I don't see why a message board should be such an unnaturally safe place where you are guaranteed to never see something that offends you.
    Thats called a cardboard box, this is the internet, and everyone knows if they get on the internet there's a possibility they'll be offended, nay, a very good chance.
    The restrictions attempted to be put on us are more strict than real life, or even school which is supposed to be strict but its not as strict as a select few wish this place was.
    Even telling people they are wrong can get you in trouble here, its gone too far.

6. Guest Guest Advertisement

to hide all adverts.
  7. spuriousmonkey Banned Banned

What I find really fascinating is that these people that insist on politeness and niceties can send you an PM such as this (i took out the lines that would reveal the identity):

Where I come from I call this a double standard and hypocritical behaviour. Honestly, would you respect anyone who sends you this crap? At least we do it in the open. At least we don't hide the fact that we are rude and assholes behind PMs.

8. ScRaMbLe Chaos Inc. Registered Senior Member

Why are people so thin skinned around here? Pedantic motherfuckers who bitch about being offended by posts need to grow a spine. If they've got a problem, dont PM, say it out loud.

9. tablariddim forexU2 Valued Senior Member

I hate all the nitpicking over semantics, when most of the time, it's bloody obvious what it is the poster is trying to say.

I hate it when someone chooses to post 1000 words to explain something, when 150, or even 15, would have been fine.

I hate it when threads are hijacked by one or three idiots who go right off tangent and are only intent on arguing and trading insults with each other, mainly over their 'intelligence' or their 'writing prowess'... I mean, it's so yawn inspiring.

Enough for now.