Travel inside the Black Holes

Discussion in 'Science & Society' started by Eagle9, Dec 28, 2010.

1. Eagle9 Registered Senior Member

Good day!
    The famous American scientist Kip Stephen Thorne once wrote a novel the name of which probably is like this: “The travel inside the Black Holes”. I wrote probably because I have not read it in English language, I read its translation in one of European languages. This is little story how the captain of the spacecraft finds the black hole and researches it with a little robot that is sent into the black hole and then destroyed by the tidal forces. In this novel there are no formulas, this is written for ordinary peoples, just for entertainment

Please Register or Log in to view the hidden image!

so, can anybody tell me where can I download this novel? This novel should have been written no later than 1989

2. Google AdSense Guest Advertisement

to hide all adverts.
  3. cosmictraveler Be kind to yourself always. Valued Senior Member

4. Google AdSense Guest Advertisement

to hide all adverts.
  5. AlexG Like nailing Jello to a tree Valued Senior Member

That is not a novel. It is the introductory chapter to Black Holes and Time Warps. It is titled Prologue: A Voyage among the Holes, and is 36 pages long.

6. Google AdSense Guest Advertisement

to hide all adverts.
  7. Eagle9 Registered Senior Member

cosmictraveler
    Thank you

I will download it

AlexG
    Interesting

could you please tell me is it possible to download it? I found it in Google, but you should pay for it.......

8. fedr808 1100101 Valued Senior Member

Wouldn't the whole problem (well, one of them) with that idea is the warping of time and that the amount of time it takes to enter the event horizon may seem normal to the passengers, but by the time they do chances are hundreds, maybe even thousands or more years have passed.