Dywyddyr-false beleifs.???

Discussion in 'Free Thoughts' started by cluelusshusbund, Nov 17, 2009.

1. cluelusshusbund + Public Dilemma + Valued Senior Member

"We ALL have false beliefs about ourselves."
    ~Dywyddyr

Thats interestin... do you know of a somwhat common "false-beleif" that people have about themselfs.???

2. Guest Guest Advertisement

to hide all adverts.
  3. Dywyddyr Penguinaciously duckalicious. Valued Senior Member

Ooh just wait 'til Draq sees this thread specifically naming me! He'll call for UN sanctions, a permaban and nuclear strikes on your house.

Please Register or Log in to view the hidden image!

Specific?
    Not that I recall. I'm currently going through some "therapy" as hinted at in the relevant posts and it's something I was told by the guy (whatever his job title/ description is) in the course of sessions.
    I got the feeling that they vary from person to person.
    I can ask, or at least take more note next time(s) I'm there. (Not sure about asking, since it would be a diversion from the purpose of the sessions).

4. Guest Guest Advertisement

to hide all adverts.
  5. sniffy Banned Banned

I know, I know!

That they are more intelligent than others.....

6. Guest Guest Advertisement

to hide all adverts.
  7. cluelusshusbund + Public Dilemma + Valued Senior Member

Origionaly posted by cluelusshusbund
    Thats interestin... do you know of a somwhat common "false-beleif" that people have about themselfs.???

Yes ive suffered his rath befor :fright:

Well no dont risk screwin up the sessions... but you'r statment made me qurious as to what my false beleifs mite be;;; how to discover 'em (if ther are any)... so mayb you can discuss it from that aspect.!!!

8. Dywyddyr Penguinaciously duckalicious. Valued Senior Member

I'll take more notice in future (so I can pass on the "wisdom"). I mean notice of how it happens as opposed to what happens.
    Like I said in the thread you culled the OP quote from, it's a gradual process so that you end with the answer one step at a time.
    I certainly believed I had no particular beliefs (in fact I've said more than once on this forum that I had no beliefs...

Please Register or Log in to view the hidden image!

).

9. draqon Banned Banned

This thread is against jurisdiction of Sciforums as it is directly picking and attacking a member of this community. Further action needs to be taken against the O.P.

member in questioning: cluelusshusbund

victim: Dywyddyr

10. Dywyddyr Penguinaciously duckalicious. Valued Senior Member

Draq, STFU.
    I'm not being attacked or picked on.
    And the LAST person on this forum that I'd need help from is probably you.
    Get another joke...

11. cluelusshusbund + Public Dilemma + Valued Senior Member

Origionaly posted by cluelusshusbund

Hmmm... thats prolly the number 1 common false beleif.!!!

So do you consider my thankin (below) a false beleif.???:::

At the sam time "evidence" forms my opinions... i suspect that i coud be 100% rong about everthang.!!!

12. Dywyddyr Penguinaciously duckalicious. Valued Senior Member

Actually I'd say that the first half of that statement is either false or at least not the entire truth.
    Opinions are formed by things other than evidence, however much we'd like it to be the case. (And evidence isn't always the major factor).

13. draqon Banned Banned

If you are suspecting of being 100% wrong about everything than that statement includes your belief in which case the statement is incorrect and you do indeed believe in less than 0.1% that is indeed correct.

14. lightgigantic Banned Banned

Maybe its cluless's typing, but for some reasonthis thread makes me think of this.

15. sniffy Banned Banned

hehe I lie all the time....

16. cluelusshusbund + Public Dilemma + Valued Senior Member

Originally Posted by cluelusshusbund
    So do you consider my thankin (below) a false beleif.???:::

At the sam time "evidence" forms my opinions... i suspect that i coud be 100% rong about everthang.!!!

oK sure... evidence ant the only thang that forms opinions... but when i said "evidence forms my opinions"... the "my" part is the particular genes an enviroment which forms "me"... an by evidence i mean new input to the continually evolvin "me"... an of course its the combinaton of all factors that form opinions... so for me personaly... i dont have a need to beleive that evidence is the only thang that forms opinions.!!!

After my esplination of my origional statment... do you see a "false beleif" on my part.???

17. Dywyddyr Penguinaciously duckalicious. Valued Senior Member

Er, how about the belief (reading between the lines) that your opinions/ beliefs evolve with evidence?
    One thing I have learnt is that we have "core beliefs" which are formed in childhood and are held throughout our lives unless or until something really drastic happens to challenge them.
    And the "problem" is that these beliefs are mostly subconscious until they are challenged.

That's why the process takes some work to find them.

18. cluelusshusbund + Public Dilemma + Valued Senior Member

Hmmm... coud be true... but how are you definin "beleif" in you'r above statment.???

19. cluelusshusbund + Public Dilemma + Valued Senior Member

Origonaly posted by cluelusshusbund
    After my esplination of my origional statment... do you see a "false beleif" on my part.???

Its jus somptin else i dont know for sure... i except the posibility that it may be an illusion that my opinions change wit evidence.!!!

As fasinatin as the answrs may be... if the causes for the opinions i curently have ant readidly avalable i dont have a need to spend much time tryin to figer out what they are... an thats cause i except myself 100% the way i am... ie... i dont thank i can intentionaly deceive myself/have false beleifs.!!!

However... 1 false-beleif i may have is that i dont thank i have beleifs... but i suspect that depends on how "beleif" is defined.!!!

20. Dywyddyr Penguinaciously duckalicious. Valued Senior Member

Oh there's nothing intentional about it.

In this case they were (roughly) defined as "(ingrained and "invisible") rules by which you live your life, which may or may be true".

21. NMSquirrel OCD ADHD THC IMO UR12 Valued Senior Member

i thinking what your asking ties directly into;

We are not as worthless as we think we are..
    We are not as worthy as we make ourselves out to be..

this 'false belief' you speak of..doesn't it make sense that it directly ties into our own sense of worth?

which brings up the question 'who is responsible for our sense of worth?'
    ourselves?(yeah right..this is where the false beliefs are born)
    someone else? (how easy is it for ppl to focus on what is wrong)

if the belief makes you feel more worthy, is it justifiable to maintain it?
    if that belief does not harm any other person?
    what if there are situations that reinforce that belief?

22. cluelusshusbund + Public Dilemma + Valued Senior Member

Originally Posted by cluelusshusbund
    ...i dont thank i can intentionaly deceive myself/have false beleifs.!!! ”

"but i suspect that depends on how "beleif" is defined.!!! ”

O sure... besides our genes... how we will be as adults is largly formed by the influences we have durin childhood... an mos of the causes of what was "ingraned" into our childhood are unknown/invisable to us as adults... but whatever bad trates i mite have i dont beat myself up over it... i know thers a cause whether i know the cause or not... plus... if i do know that som person is the cause i dont "beat them up/feel hate for them ether".!!!

But i dont see "rules" we learned as children as bein false beleifs jus because we dont agree wit those rules as an adult... it was meerly informaton that made sinse at the time... an as we continue to receive new informaton... such "rules" are subject to change till the day we dye.!!!

23. Dywyddyr Penguinaciously duckalicious. Valued Senior Member

Ah no, it's only when these "invisible rules" get challenged or shown to be false that you end up "beating yourself up".

No, another misinterpretation. Not the rules you're taught, or that you pick up from society, more personal "rules" on who you are what your place in/ relationship to the world is, and how you should interact.