Re: Right and Wrong is determined by God

Discussion in 'SF Open Government' started by S.A.M., Jul 21, 2009.

1. S.A.M. uniquely dreadful Valued Senior Member

Why were the posts attacking the premise of the OP in the thread deleted?

2. Guest Guest Advertisement

to hide all adverts.
  3. SkinWalker Archaeology / Anthropology Moderator

They were off-topic and trolling. I'm very close to giving a warning regarding the trolling.

4. Guest Guest Advertisement

to hide all adverts.
  5. S.A.M. uniquely dreadful Valued Senior Member

Why are you warning me for a thread in Open Government?

Since when is this your jurisdiction?

Have you gone completely NUTS?

6. Guest Guest Advertisement

to hide all adverts.
  7. SkinWalker Archaeology / Anthropology Moderator

1) I already removed it -see PM.
    2) I'm free to hand out warnings in any subforum.

8. S.A.M. uniquely dreadful Valued Senior Member

You're clearly "free" to do a great many things here.

9. SkinWalker Archaeology / Anthropology Moderator

Indeed.

10. Mrs.Lucysnow Valued Senior Member

Well Sam at least he's consistent. I remember when he did the same thing in the video thread. I got a warning that time for going back and asking where all the posts were. It was like two pages worth of posts *poof* disappeared. Other mods don't mind a little off topic banter but Skin never likes it.

Skin I think the posts were off topic but unless there was something posted that i missed it wasn't trolling. I mean why isn't the topic itself considered trolling?

This place is becoming too complicated:splat:

11. S.A.M. uniquely dreadful Valued Senior Member

Thats what I would like to know too
    Rationalisation usually is

Please Register or Log in to view the hidden image!

12. The Esotericist Getting the message to Garcia Valued Senior Member

I guess I am really unclear what the definition of trolling is. The post I thought I saw was in no way mean spirited, but was merely pointing out an empirical fact; that the poster has no qualms making fun of others culturally held beliefs but is not hesitant to let the hammer come down hard when others criticize harshly or in an antagonistic way, said posters political points of view.

I think the post may have been off topic, but I hardly think it merited "moderation" or indeed deleting. Hell, some of the topics and threads in that sub-forum have gotten PAGES off topic before. What seems to be more the case is that somebody didn't like being called out on an obvious bias and shoddy moderation. Someone's ego bruises easily methinks.

The only thing I can really say, is perhaps a new thread should have been started. . . but then, again, it seems it is really just. . . *sigh* . . . . why can't we just all get along and discuss things like adults. it's almost like living under Robert's Rules of Order around here when it suits you guys. . . How can people become friendly, joke around, get close, respect each other's view point, get to know eachother, and become friends if this is is the way you are going to treat one another? it's so. . . so. . . negative, it's depressing. was that REALLY necessary? wouldn't the mature thing to do to have just maybe to have directly discussed the issue?

it's readily apparent to me that the OP and the intent of the original poster WAS to stir up bad feelings and to insult people's personal feelings. . . so, why not discuss why he wanted to do this? rather than this faux issue of "Right and Wrong is determined by God" Hell, aside from showing a funny clip, I still have no idea what the thread is about. Do I agree or not that right and wrong is determined by god? Is this supposed to open a discussion? I don't know, all he did was post a clip.

Brilliant. If I want comedy and a social forum, I go to another bulletin board for that, believe me, this place is NOT where i go for laughs. People here are far to serious, up tight, and the whole structure is NOT geared toward having a good time or taking life with a care free attitude of "frivolity." Remember, this is SciForums, right? And to make jest of someone's world view and outlook? :shrug: This is using wise judgment of a moderator?

Ironic though, I think the only person on this forum that HAS ever made me actually physically laugh out loud is S.A.M. and Enmos.

I sometimes wonder if there is enough of a sense of humor in this whole forum to fill a tea cup. not much laughter, that's for sure. One thing I do know, I sure as hell don't need to make fun of someone's religion to get a laugh.

13. S.A.M. uniquely dreadful Valued Senior Member

Thats exactly what I was doing, when all the posts were deleted.

the joke of course is that he wrote the rules.

14. Mrs.Lucysnow Valued Senior Member

Stop being such an adult Eso. Don't you know we come here to unleash our hidden child? Our delinquent teenager selves?

Never mind any of that 'can't we all get along' business, the place will then resemble a nursing home.

Ya'll don't know how to have fun no more.:grumble:

Also remember you are the guy with the woo woo rice!!!!

15. Mrs.Lucysnow Valued Senior Member

In all fairness I don't believe that James wanted to insult anyone or stir up bad feelings. Its not his style. Problem is that you can barely post anything anymore without someone being offended by something. Sam isn't really saying she is personally offended by the thread I believe she is trying to show inconsistency in which threads are deemed offensive and which ones are not.

16. S.A.M. uniquely dreadful Valued Senior Member

The posts are deleted now, but he kept asking if anyone was offended or found it offensive. And why.

And his last couple of threads in the forum have been provocative, especially if you consider that he sees it as "no problem" that Skinwalker routinely deletes such stuff when aimed at atheists. And he [James] personally bans anyone if he is offended.

Last edited: Jul 22, 2009
  17. The Esotericist Getting the message to Garcia Valued Senior Member

And you wonder why Oli was a bitchin' the other day. Listen sister, the place already resembles a nursing home. . . well, that and a romper room.

I have lots and lots of fun. . . just not here, and not with the sorts round these parts.

Why on earth would any one let their guard down, share anything personal, get close to anyone around here. . . it's a mystery to me. Folks round these parts? They are just plane VICIOUS. They're mean I tell you, to the bone mean. You don't think so? They would rather be dead than wrong.

Frankly, the cultural anthropologist in me is really fascinated by the dynamics of this place, especially the regulars. There seems to be the real love/hate sibling thing going on, a real power struggle thing I haven't quite figured out. It's. . . well, it borders on dangerous. . . it's certainly charged with drama, that's for sure

I am really touched sometimes by the "about the members" threads. I never participate in it, but am a constant lurker there. it is really quite fascinating how people will interact so intimately there, but then, weeks later, will treat each other and the information they learned from it so cavalierly later on. . . it seems. . . cold. bitter rivals out in the regular forums can, in those threads, seem almost like, well worn out war buddies.

Sorry if I am being so "adult" lol The other forum I'm at, I was all serious and political/scientific at, is a really fun/party/childish/vulgar site. . . hence why I went looking for something more meaty. I still go there nearly as equally as I do here. I mean, what do you expect with a name like, "it is what it is" lol right? you kind of have to take EVERYTHING with a grain of salt and NOT get uptight about ANYTHING. There are no such things as BANS, etc. So don't tell me I don't know how to have a good time. I come here to get serious about stuff when I want to think and talk with intelligent people. If I want to hear some rube spout of nonsense, be vulgar, spout off inane crap, and hear witty banter and flaming, HERE is not where I need to go.

18. Mrs.Lucysnow Valued Senior Member

It can't be both a romper room and a nursing home and don't call me sister.

First of all people let their guard down here all the time, second its not a place you share anything personal unless you know someone well enough to do it through PM, this is an open message board after all and personal stuff only gets you into trouble (believe me I have been here for over six years and I have never seen any good come of it. Just ask that git Gustav).

Mean? You think this is mean? This isn't mean. You didn't know Xev and Gendy now they could be mean. As far as being dead than wrong you assume that people believe they are wrong, most of the time they do not. And why should they? You don't think you are wrong do you? No. And as far as drama is concerned with all these different personalities around here there is bound to be drama from time to time but nothing like there was in the past believe me. Its much calmer now.

Well you know what you should figure out quickly about scifourms? It is what it is.

Last edited: Jul 21, 2009
  19. The Esotericist Getting the message to Garcia Valued Senior Member

quite. all apologies, no offense intended. sure it can be both, different threads at different times.

The only thing I am 100% sure of is that I don't know anything for sure. I only represent the facts to the best of what I understand them to be, at the moment in time that I am typing what ever reply I am typing, that is the best I can say. My post count is so very little, because I am so sure of very little, and I am willing to post even less. I can't tell you the number of posts I have been in the middle of posting, went to go find supporting evidence, got to reading more about the topic, read a few days, learned more, changed my mind, with the post still there in mid post. . . . still hanging, then deleted the whole thing because I ended up feeling the reverse.

My greatest annoyance with this particular forum versus the other? You can't delete your own posts. How ignorant is that? Likewise, in poll questions, you can't change your votes. How is anyone supposed to LEARN and GROW as a person if they can't change their mind, take down their posts, change their votes and their opinions? I only exist in the NOW. As such, I like to control myself in the now. So, any posts that you read by "me" that are dated from more than say, a week old? In this forum at least? I take no intellectual ownership of, Sciforums has stripped that right from me, they are now officially Sciforums ideas, not mine. Kapesh?

20. S.A.M. uniquely dreadful Valued Senior Member

How is this person a moderator of the religion forum?

21. Liebling Doesn't Need to be Spoonfed. Valued Senior Member

No offense, I call bullshit.

There is not one person on the Ban list that SkinWalker has "personally" banned AT ALL. Socks and Spammers.

Seriously S.A.M., this is why people ignore your tantrums and melodrama and simply don't put up with it. You post outright lies, and then ignore it everytime someone points it out. I think that SkinWalker and a few of the other mods are fed up with your moody bi-polar behaviour of alternating between passive aggressive, or just plan enciteful crap. You aren't stupid, but when you post, you KNOW you are going to start a riot. You do it on purpose, and you wallow in it and on top of all that, whine and stomp your feet about the injustice of it all. What about the injustice you do to the forum by trying to set everything on fire with half-truths and hate speech? Is that just supposed to be ignored because YOU think you are right?

Grow up. Seriously.

You want to scream about arbitrary rules, but other than you and BuffaloRoam, I know of no other two people that consistantly post the same hatred and venom about the same subjects ad nauseum. You repeatedly get warned, and you keep it up. Just knock it off. You are making it worse for yourself.

22. S.A.M. uniquely dreadful Valued Senior Member

I was referring to James personally banning anyone who offends him, since it is James thread we are discussing. But thanks for bringing that bit of confusion to my attention.

Also, what riot? Where is the fire?

23. Liebling Doesn't Need to be Spoonfed. Valued Senior Member

Apparently under every Jewish person, the entire Israeli regime, and any and all Atheists.

You make it clear in almost every thread you post on outside of Free Thoughts and Arts... But even sometimes in there as well.