Game: Mafia 3 - The Enemy Within

Discussion in 'Free Thoughts' started by James R, Sep 26, 2008.

1. BlueMoose Guest

-Taking a wild guesses, Challenger and/or Asquard are aliens, they rolled the votes against Betrayer, and Cheski was little suspicious too, but hes actions are rational. My best guess is that aliens did convert Voiarom last night since
    The Base Commander did get clean papers and losing The Doctor would be great loss for us. I have a fear that I might be alien tomorrow...

2. Guest Guest Advertisement

to hide all adverts.
  3. 11parcal Saint of Cynicism Registered Senior Member

As do I...

4. Guest Guest Advertisement

to hide all adverts.
  5. Asguard Kiss my dark side Valued Senior Member

i know i am suspected for voting for BoH but as i said that was purly because his power was to dangerious to let it fall to the aliens and we couldnt protect everyone.

Unfortunatly he used it anyway, thankfully against a roll that would only help the aliens

6. Guest Guest Advertisement

to hide all adverts.
  7. James R Just this guy, you know? Staff Member

[size=+2]The Enemy Within - NIGHT 2[/size]

At the end of DAY 2, the base personnel again gather in the dining hall to discuss their strategy for eliminating the alien menace.

The Commander (anti-climactic) decided today that the roles of base personnel are currently fine as they stand. He has not decreed any change of jobs for any of the personnel.

The Doctor (Vaiorom) has not been heard from today, and has not applied his antidote to anybody.

The Biologist (11parcal) applied the antidote to the Security Guard (Betrayer0fHope). As far as anyone can tell, the antidote worked as intended. Either the Security Guard is now human again, or he always was.

The Dog Handler (sisyphus__) has nominated nobody to tend to the sled dogs today, so all personnel are here for today's vote.

The Psychologist (Enmos) and the Reporter (inzomnia) have both reported on their investigations.

The Radio Operator (phoenix2634), the Cook (Challenger78) and the Cleaner (Asguard) have all said something of what they know, and have discussed their ideas of who might be an alien.

A vote is taken to determine if anybody will be killed by fellow personnel right here and now. The result is:

Commander (anti-climactic): 1 vote against (from the Cook)
    Doctor (Vaiorom): 1 vote against (self-vote due to non-participation)
    Cleaner (Asguard): 1 vote against (from the Security Guard)
    No kill: 9 votes

For the second day in a row, personnel have decided to take their chances and kill nobody, even though they know that each night the aliens are probably assimilating more people. To some, it seems like the aliens are getting a free ride...

Following the vote:

The Reporter (inzomnia) is driven by the Driver (CheskiChips) to the Outstation for the night, where the aliens won't be able to get to her.

The Physicist (BlueMoose) has decided to train his EM pulse weapon on the Doctor (Vaiorom) tonight. If the Doctor is an alien, he won't be using any special powers tonight.

---

[size=+1]It is now NIGHT 2.

NIGHT 2 will last until I have received votes from all current aliens, and at least until 30 September, 2 am UT (GMT) in any case.
    [/size]

Vaiorom must PM me if he wishes to remain in the game. If I do not hear from him before the start of DAY 3, I will replace him with another player, due to inactivity.

All aliens may now PM each other. When you send me your conversion votes, don't forget to also send me instructions regarding the use of any special powers you wish to use (if you have any).

The game thread will be closed until DAY 3 begins. Humans may not PM each other during the NIGHT.

8. James R Just this guy, you know? Staff Member

I am still waiting on the vote of one alien. DAY 3 will start once I have it.

9. James R Just this guy, you know? Staff Member

I may or may not still be waiting on one alien vote. (Don't want to give anything away for those who have been online in the past couple of hours.)

However, I have some other commitments IRL, and also need to deal with some more alien-related stuff before starting DAY 3. Therefore...

DAY 3 will definitely not start before 1 pm UT (GMT), 30 September - that is around 8 hours from now.

I will allow at least around 24 hours for day 3 once it begins.

10. James R Just this guy, you know? Staff Member

DAY 3 will be starting within the next half hour or so.

11. James R Just this guy, you know? Staff Member

[size=+2]The Enemy Within - DAY 3[/size]

DAY 3 dawns at Base Alpha.

The Reporter (inzomnia) returns from the Outstation.

---

Important notice:

Vaiorom has not indicated that he wishes to remain in the game, so...

nietzschefan is now the Doctor.

Aliens may NOT PM each other during DAY 3.
    Everybody may talk normally in the game thread now.

Some information may follow for certain players (by PM).

---

[size=+1]DAY 3 will last until between 12 noon and 2 pm UT (GMT), 1 October.[/size]

12. 11parcal Saint of Cynicism Registered Senior Member

So inzomnia was at the outstation, and she was verified yesterday to be human, therefor she is our only definate human.

13. Anti-climactic 2+2=5 Registered Senior Member

she wasn't confirmed as human yesterday, was she?

14. Challenger78 Valued Senior Member

Every fucking moment we waste, we lose one more person as an alien.

remember ,we cannot trust results after one night.

So, I am suspicious of the security guard, despite his clearance.

Either someone give him the antidote, or have the psychologist antidoted.
    Because it's been one night.

Either way,

Vote: Betrayer of hope

15. James R Just this guy, you know? Staff Member

Moderator message:

Just a reminder for those who may not know from the previous game.

You must not ever directly quote anything I have sent you in a PM. This applies to hints given to people who get hints, to information given to aliens if they are converted back to humans, and to anything else you get from me via PM regarding your role or events in the game.

You are free to share any and all information you get from me if you want to in your own words, but it must be in your own words, not mine. Don't just cut and paste a PM I sent you into this thread. Private messages from me are private.

One final rule: you must not ever say "James R told me that ..." in any post you make. You can reveal any information I've given you (in your own words), but if you directly tell others it came from me I may have to penalise you in the game in some way. This does not apply to anything I have posted publically in this thread - only to PMs. So, it's ok to say things like: "James R said in post #392 that we're not allowed to cut-and-paste his PMs into the thread."

16. Challenger78 Valued Senior Member

Wait..

the coincidence of that post, makes me suspicious...

It wasn't me was it ?

17. James R Just this guy, you know? Staff Member

Are you talking about my last post?

I'm not sure what coincidence you're seeing, but my last post had nothing to do with your specifically, or anybody else for that matter. It is just a general reminder. I have sent out a few PMs at the start of day 3...

18. 11parcal Saint of Cynicism Registered Senior Member

Okay, suspicion time, do you want me to hit BoH again?

19. Enmos Valued Senior Member

What good would that do ? He hasn't done anything suspicious today and didn't you give him the antidote yesterday ?

20. 11parcal Saint of Cynicism Registered Senior Member

Yes, simply replying to challengers post, I'm not sure who to immunize, I suggest you investigate someone, Inzo as well, and based on that information I immunize

21. Enmos Valued Senior Member

What if I investigate you again ? Would you mind ? You have a kind of important role..

22. 11parcal Saint of Cynicism Registered Senior Member

Seriously? Again? I suppose you can if you like...

23. Enmos Valued Senior Member

Well, I'm kinda running out of suspects here lol
    Who do you suggest ?