Game: Mafia 3 - The Enemy Within

Discussion in 'Free Thoughts' started by James R, Sep 26, 2008.

1. Sciencelovah Registered Senior Member

Let see if I have enough time to write evening news... *updating table*

2. Guest Guest Advertisement

to hide all adverts.
  3. Tnerb Banned Banned

Good night everybody.

4. Guest Guest Advertisement

to hide all adverts.
  5. Sciencelovah Registered Senior Member

Night, too. I am almost late, bye for now. The temporary result is 1 vote for BetrayerofHope.

Evening edition:

Please Register or Log in to view the hidden image!

6. Guest Guest Advertisement

to hide all adverts.
  7. Tnerb Banned Banned

btw thou .. can't pheonix prevent himself frm being killed

8. James R Just this guy, you know? Staff Member

Day 1 is about to end. I'm checking the votes...

9. James R Just this guy, you know? Staff Member

[size=+2]The Enemy Within - NIGHT 1[/size]​

Once again, the base personnel gather to vote.

There is much argument, but the consensus that is finally reached is that nobody should be killed tonight. Explictly, eight players out of 12 have voted "No kill", while 3 have not registered a vote, and 1 voted for Betrayer0fHope (Asguard, but he hasn't been here in the last 4 hours).

Relieved that nobody is going to be killed tonight, the personnel head to their respective rooms to get a good night's sleep.

The Physicist (BlueMoose) has been driven to the base Outstation in the snow mobile, and CANNOT be converted into an alien tonight. If he is already an alien, this has no effect on his alienness, of course.

If the Psychologist (Enmos) is an alien, or becomes an alien tonight, he CANNOT use any special alien powers he has, due to being EM-pulsed by the Physicist.

---

Notice from moderator regarding voting

It seems unfair to eliminate BoH from the game based on a single vote by somebody who may well have changed his mind if he had been here. So, let me set out a few specific rules for future votes:

1. All votes must be in bold to be counted.
    2. A vote must be clearly and unequivocally for a particular player. No qualification or contingency can be placed on a vote, and if it is it will be ignored.
    3. Players may vote "No kill". If the majority vote is "No kill" when the time comes, nobody will be killed. This means that for somebody to be killed, at least a majority of players must agree that somebody should be killed. No player will be eliminated if the number of votes for "no kill" is greater than the number of votes for that player.
    4. Players who do not register a vote at all on a given day will be automatically deemed to have registered a vote for themselves. Note: voting "no kill" is fine; rule 4 only applies if you do not state any voting preference.

[size=+1]It is now NIGHT 1.

Night 1 will last until I have received "conversion" votes from all existing aliens by PM (which might be just one alien right now), of course.
    [/size]

Aliens may PM each other freely during the NIGHT. Humans may not PM each other.

The game thread will be closed until NIGHT ends. Players are asked not to discuss gameplay in any other thread.

Hopefully, night will be relatively short at this stage, but I will try to indicate a more definite time for the start of DAY 2 if I have to do something like sleep, or something silly like that.

10. James R Just this guy, you know? Staff Member

Note to all players:

phoenix2634 was originally the Mechanic, but the Mechanic is dead. Since we need a replacement for unixgeek13...

phoenix2634 will play the role of the Radio Operator from now on.

11. James R Just this guy, you know? Staff Member

[size=+2]The Enemy Within - DAY 2[/size]​

A new day dawns at Base Alpha. Or at least the clocks say it does. Outside it is still dark, as always at this time of year in Antarctica.

Some personnel have had trouble sleeping, worrying that the group has taken no definitive step in eliminating the alien menace. Sure, there has been some investigation, and the antidote has been applied once, but nobody new has been definitely identified as an alien since the geologist. And the base has lost its valuable mechanic.

Some fear that one or more aliens may have been active during the night...

The Physicist (BlueMoose), for one, returns apparently refreshed after staying well away from everybody else with his big EM pulse weapon in the base's Outstation, half an hour's ride by snow mobile from the main base.

[size=+1]DAY 2 will end between 12 noon and 2 pm UT (GMT) on Monday 29 September[/size]

Aliens may not PM each other during the DAY. Humans may not PM each other at all.

12. Challenger78 Valued Senior Member

Did it ever occur to anyone, that the dog sled owner, if an alien, could sneak people away and convert them there?

Like, thats a whole half hour trip away alone with the physicist or the Dog sled owner.

If the physicist is an alien, we lose a weapon. If the Dog Sled owner is an alien, we have the biggest threat possible.

So, heres what I suggest.
    Physicist: EM pulse the dog handler.
    Psychologist: psychoanalyse the physicist.

It seems logical, and failure to do so only raises suspicion.

I will base my vote on the responses of the above participants, I encourage others to do the same.

13. Challenger78 Valued Senior Member

Wait, we know the physicists is human,,
    So, EMP THE DOG HANDLER.

and Psycho analyse the commander.

14. CheskiChips Banned Banned

Yeah, I took the Physicist out. It would be unlikely that they were alien.

15. Challenger78 Valued Senior Member

what if your the alien ? , and you converted him on the way ? Can you do that ?

16. CheskiChips Banned Banned

Maybe I can do that, I don't know. Psycho-analyze me if you need.

I just wish BOH wouldn't have killed Phoenix, that was just stupid....

17. Challenger78 Valued Senior Member

I can't.
    I recommend we EMP you anyway.

18. CheskiChips Banned Banned

Psycho-Analyze me instead. Hopefully by the end of the day we can determine who the alien is and EMP them.

Also analyze the reporter...

Last edited: Sep 28, 2008
  19. Betrayer0fHope MY COHERENCE! IT'S GOING AWAYY Registered Senior Member

BoH is better than BOH, and I won't demand you call me by my full name, but if you simply referred to me as my real name, Kartik, that'd be better. Will edit this post once I say something relevant to the game.

Agreed. I was just really angry at y'all

20. Sciencelovah Registered Senior Member

Sorry, real life catch me, I haven't have time to publish second day edition of
    the magazine yet. Also, last time I published it, nobody bought it T_T

I have to finish a work which I should submit on Monday, but I put it on the
    last minute

So I will be back in few hours, just right before I sleep.

Btw, day 2 is started already, how fast, I didn't even notice when night 2 is
    started

(have part time jjob this weekend). The alien most likely is the
    one who is online frequently *giving suspicious look at Kartik and Sisyphus, lol*

Ok, just shortly reply to this:

That's okay. Yesterday I have been given antidote that guarantee my status
    as human, but nobody knows what happens last night, so if Enmos will psycho-
    analyze me, that will save my status once again. Or, shall I investigate myself?

I haven't have any idea of whom to be investigated today, I am open to any
    suggestion. In Aussie it is currently around 4 or 5 AM in the morning (I guess),
    so even if I send PM to James now, he wouldn't check it until next few hours,
    so I have a lot of time.

I suggest that we analyze everybody's power first. Those who have power
    which is beneficial for the alien, most likely are the one who were targeted
    by the alien last night, e.g. those who can administer antidote, those who
    can save, etc.

I will do my research a bit later after I finish my real life work, lol.

21. Betrayer0fHope MY COHERENCE! IT'S GOING AWAYY Registered Senior Member

Investigate me. Every day.

22. BlueMoose Guest

I want hear Enmos first before doing any action, he was given antidote and I EM pulsed him, so I think its reasonable assume that he is human, unless the antidote dont work quite yet, and I´m human for sure. So if I and Enmos are given the antidote today we have two sure humans tomorrow, also Enmos did investigate Parcal, and if Enmos is human we will hear if he told truth about Parcal. If Parcal is human I suggest that Cheski moves him safe so we have then three humans for sure tomorrow. Any opinions ?
    I´m not sure yet whom to investigate today.

23. phoenix2634 Registered Senior Member

You mean the Mechanic.

I didn't mind being killed as the Mechanic. In fact I found it to be rather ironic. You killed the role that could've prevented you from being killed.

For now, subject to change, while I digest everything that's happened through day 1

Vote: no kill