Voluntary Separation vs Involuntary Segregation

Discussion in 'Human Science' started by Thoreau, Feb 8, 2010.

1. Thoreau Valued Senior Member

Why do you think it is that though Black Americans had fought for and won their freedoms, and thus emancipating themselves from the institution of segregation put forth upon them by the majority of the American people and Government, that many, if not most, Black Americans today now still prefer to isolate themselves from other racial groups via aspects such as media, communities, occupation, education, etc?

2. Google AdSense Guest Advertisement

to hide all adverts.
  3. Grim_Reaper I Am Death Destroyer of Worlds Registered Senior Member

Well I think like all other minorities the White Male excluded from this list they found that they can garner more monies and support for their resolutions if the segregate than if they continue along side the path of a White person. What I mean by what I said is this. An All Black school can get more money due to minority status then a Mixed school can. They can take a case to the supreme court and state that they are being racially discriminated against an are purposely not getting enough funding due to their race.

4. Google AdSense Guest Advertisement

to hide all adverts.
  5. mathman Valued Senior Member

Most people tend to more comfortable with people that have similar backgrounds. This does not apply only to blacks.
    If you look at New York City neighborhoods, you will find there are many where most people have the same background. There are Dominican, Haitian, Puerto Rican, etc. areas.

A century ago you would have Russians, Poles, Jews, Italians, Germans, etc. in their own neighborhoods.

6. Google AdSense Guest Advertisement

to hide all adverts.