Illegal Immigrants Make 1,500-Mile March to Washington

Discussion in 'World Events' started by Brian Foley, Jan 26, 2010.

1. Brian Foley REFUSE - RESIST Valued Senior Member

What part of illegal don't they understand???

Besides why don’t they make a 1,500 mile march home to Mexico?

2. Google AdSense Guest Advertisement

to hide all adverts.
  3. Pinwheel Banned Banned

It would help round them up and send 'em home hey Foley?

4. Google AdSense Guest Advertisement

to hide all adverts.
  5. Brian Foley REFUSE - RESIST Valued Senior Member

I find it amazing with 2 million+ homeless legal Americans living under bridges, when do they get their march to be heard or seen?

6. Google AdSense Guest Advertisement

to hide all adverts.
  7. Fraggle Rocker Staff Member

Brian, I suggest you take just a two-year sabbatical with your family in rural Mexico--without your American ID and your credit cards of course. Watch your children starve, get no education and minimal medical care if any. Have no communication with the outside world except a pay phone at the general store five miles away. No electricity, no running water, no paved roads, maybe a creaky old bus comes through once a day. Nobody will hire you and if they do it won't pay enough to lift you out of poverty.

Then eventually notice that north of you lies a border that represents the greatest difference in per-capita GDP between any two contiguous nations on earth. A place where every child is forced to go to school even if he doesn't want to. Where the biggest nutritional problem among poor people is obesity. Where everybody has a cellphone. Where if a poor person gets sick he's taken to a hospital where the doctors start working on him before the bookkeepers figure out who's going to pay for it. Where people have "jobs" sitting in air-conditioned offices and going to meetings and complain about them.

And then let's see if you can wait two years, or if you decide to risk your life to cross that border in the hope of being able to send your family some money.

It's real smug to tell the Mexicans to go home, but there are no jobs there. The U.S. government and the corporations that pull its strings have been supporting the country's corrupt leadership for a hundred years, and it's now an aristocracy in which the poor are regarded as animals. NAFTA was the final nail in their coffin, driving the price of corn so low that half the farms went out of business, attracting the people who used to work on them to come to Iowa and work on the corn farms there. What can you say about a ruling class that calls itself "The Institutional Revolutionary Party"--a hundred years after the revolution? Finally the PAN is winning some elections, but it's too late. Not only is there nothing left to salvage, but the PAN itself has become institutionalized and it's just "Here comes the new boss, same as the old boss."
    My wife was a social worker for most of her career. The vast majority of homeless Americans are mentally ill. In the late 1960s we decided that we couldn't keep them locked up in institutions against their will, so we threw open the doors and most of them walked out. They're smart enough to avoid being picked up by the authorities, and most of them manage to find their way to a city like Los Angeles, where they can sleep comfortably outdoors most of the year without even looking for a bridge, or Washington, where overpaid guilt-ridden civil "servants" give them warm clothes, sleeping bags and wheelie suitcases to replace their shopping carts.

America's homeless do not want to be seen. Just fed.

8. WillNever Valued Senior Member

Starving over there? Lol, I don't know about you guys, but I don't know many skinny Mexicans.

9. BenTheMan Dr. of Physics, Prof. of Love Valued Senior Member

How many Mexicans do you know who are living in Mexico?

10. Fraggle Rocker Staff Member

The tens of millions people in the rural parts of the country--many if not most of whom identify more with the original Maya civilization than with the European occupiers--are dirt-poor. They are looked down upon by the upper class who like to call themselves "Spanish," even though they too often have more Indian DNA than European.

Mexico has virtually no social services network, with the exception of a rather decent national health care program, which nonetheless has not penetrated into the outback very thoroughly.

Today, with the downturn in the economy that was aggravated by NAFTA, poverty is spreading and millions of people who once had menial agricultural jobs and were barely able to support their families have joined the ranks of the utterly destitute.

If you're poor in Mexico nobody's going to rescue you from starvation. The cities are full of beggars. I'll never complain about the occasional panhandler I run into in American cities, after literally having to step over them in Mexico and not having enough "spare change" to service them all.

11. countezero Registered Senior Member

they should be arrested.

12. fat_frank Registered Member

If you don't have mercy on those in need, why should anyone have mercy on you? You should listen to God when he says to help the needy and help the foreigners among you. If they are willing to walk over 1,400 miles, then surely they can work well for our country. Why do you want to waste human life? Stop behaving like an elitist, and a rock. And hypocrite:

If these were super beautiful 14 year old white girls, twirling their hair and acting silly and flirting with you, would you be complaining about them being illegal? I DON'T THINK SO.