Sharia court in London

Discussion in 'Religion Archives' started by Scaramouche, Jan 7, 2010.

1. Scaramouche Registered Member

England will be a suburb of Dubai eventually.

Please Register or Log in to view the hidden image!

2. Google AdSense Guest Advertisement

to hide all adverts.
  3. Mrs.Lucysnow Valued Senior Member

Youth worker Aydarus Yusuf, 29, who was involved in setting up the hearing, said a group of Somali youths were arrested by police on suspicion of stabbing another Somali teenager.

The victim's family told officers the matter would be settled out of court and the suspects were released on bail. A hearing was convened and elders ordered the assailants to compensate the victim.

"All their uncles and their fathers were there," said Mr Yusuf. "So they all put something towards that and apologised for the wrongdoing."

Ah. That's very cozy isn't it? I wonder if youths caught after a bad scrap can simply apologize for 'wrongdoing'.

Please Register or Log in to view the hidden image!

I wonder how they decide which cases are to be resolved through Sharia law and which ones cannot. Do you know?

4. Google AdSense Guest Advertisement

to hide all adverts.
  5. Scaramouche Registered Member

No idea. But it's nice that Muslims living in England can all agree to completely avoid the nation's laws and courts.

6. Google AdSense Guest Advertisement

to hide all adverts.
  7. spidergoat pubic diorama Valued Senior Member

Anyone can, it's called settling out of court. In this case, they just use a more elaborate mediator. I'm not sure why I should object to this, apart from the creeping intrusion of religious laws into secular society. If it's voluntary, and they cannot adjudicate serious crimes, what's the issue?

8. kenworth dude...**** it,lets go bowling Registered Senior Member

stabbing seems pretty serious

9. spidergoat pubic diorama Valued Senior Member

Oh. I guess Britain doesn't have the same separation between church and state, so they are vulnerable to this sort of thing.

10. -ND- Human Prototype Registered Senior Member

Dubai= major city of energy source collected by satanists. Satanists include: Usa, UK, and Israel. Coincidence? I think not.

11. GeoffP Caput gerat lupinum Valued Senior Member

Quite - so long as it's voluntary. I suspect family pressure overrides free choice in such arbitration where the family has the opposite say.

Ssh.

12. Michael 歌舞伎 Valued Senior Member

The state could press charges I suppose? IN the case of stabbing. But, if the victim isn't willing to testify then why bother?

13. alephnull you can count on me Registered Senior Member

That's the annoying thing, and I personally find this quite terrifying.

Surely in a case like this the most important thing is not whether the boys parents want to settle it themselves, it's whether or not we are letting known stabbers walk around at a risk to other civilians. How many times will they have to do it before settling it out of court is no longer a valid option?

14. Michael 歌舞伎 Valued Senior Member

I suppose the question is: Will this change the way the law is applied in the UK? Is there a statically similar number of UK Citizens who take cash in hand over prosecution? Maybe it happens a lot more than you care to think? I personally feel that people who stab other people should do some time in the clink and maybe be sterilized just for posterity's sake? :shrug: