Mother in law a total female dog

Discussion in 'Free Thoughts' started by GeoffP, Dec 29, 2009.

1. GeoffP Caput gerat lupinum Valued Senior Member

I could, I suppose, just put this in the "Things that suck" thread, but it would be insufficiently cathartic.

My mother-in-law is a bitch.

She'll sort of come off nice for a while, then stab you in the back. The family and I are staying with the in-laws for a few days around Christmas (God help me) and so I'm working on something in the father-in-law's (FIL) den on a figure for a publication. So the wife calls me that lunch is ready, and I'm slow to get there - just because. I'm doing something here. So she has one of the kids run off to locate me and no dice - I'm calling from the actual den itself that I'm here and just carry on without me for a sec. Shouldn't really be a big deal. Anyway, the family still no can find - astounding - and I hear the mother-in-law (MIL) pronounce "well, he's probably on the toilet or lying down". Because I what? - sleep all day? This is the tone of her implication. I don't recall seeing her lazy ass up before the crack of dawn too often, or working late on any day, let alone a bloody holiday (my bosses do work the holidays, and I have a phone meeting tomorrow, right in the middle of the Christmas holidays).

I'll leave this thread open to further discuss the bitchy in-law, if necessary. Please feel free to relate your own bitchy in-law stories here.

2. Guest Guest Advertisement

to hide all adverts.
  3. PsychoTropicPuppy Bittersweet life? Valued Senior Member

I don't get it...but then again..I'm not married. =T

4. Guest Guest Advertisement

to hide all adverts.
  5. Lori_7 Go to church? I am the church! Registered Senior Member

can't relate, but don't pay her any mind, unless your wife starts acting like her, or she meddles in what should be your business. then draw the line, and don't worry about being nice about it either.

6. Guest Guest Advertisement

to hide all adverts.
  7. nietzschefan Thread Killer Valued Senior Member

Kill her.

8. Syzygys As a mother, I am telling you Valued Senior Member

I want to hear the other side. Maybe you are really lazy...

Or maybe she could have married her best friend's son who is a lawyer and lives 2 houses down the street, but she choose you who took her daughter away.

There are sooo many reasons to hate you....

9. jpappl Valued Senior Member

LOL. I'm sure it has crossed his mind.

10. jpappl Valued Senior Member

There are times I get pissed at my MOL. But like you said here, the best thing to do is ignore it unless she starts to meddle in our business, then put your foot down.

My MOL biggest issue is she doesn't have a life of her own, lives it through her kids, so whenever something is going on she has too much time to meddle. I watched her basically break up the marriage of her other daughter because the guy didn't want to be a mormon anymore.

It was bullshit.

11. Lori_7 Go to church? I am the church! Registered Senior Member

imo, that's the daughter's fault. you gotta grow up sometime.

12. Anti-Flag Pun intended Registered Senior Member

Be nice and buy her a house.

In Iraq.

13. jpappl Valued Senior Member

I agree, but they raised her to remain a child that way they get to be in control. They filled her head with fantasies about how life should be and not how it is. They (mormon) told her to meet a nice mormon guy and have as many kids as possible. She had 6 kids with this guy and then when they needed help, the church turned their backs on him. So he said screw the church, then the church told her that he wasn't being a good mormon and they started to make a bunch of BS accusations about how he is not being a good parent. The mom stepped in and backed her daughter at every turn allowing her to fool herself into thinking the grass was greener elsewhere and everytime we got together she would be fanning the flames of hatred for this guy to get all on board. Me and my brother in laws would just walk out the room.

Essentially, it was more important for her to be married to a mormon than to have a husband/parent for her 6 kids. Her mom supported this delusion and so she took the kids and moved them away from him to Utah, 3 states away, she then re-married to a mormon, had 2 more kids, is still broke as hell, got in a fight with her new husband and is now divorcing the good mormon, and of course it's ALL his fault as well.

By the way, the first husband went through computer training got a great job at microsoft is making a ton of money and sends financial support for the kids regularly. Still her main means of support for them.

Nice eh.

This whole thing could have been avoided if one, she told her mother to stay out of it and two, if the mother had stayed out of it. She really drove the wedge that the church started.

14. Lori_7 Go to church? I am the church! Registered Senior Member

what a shame. for the kids especially. but you know, i don't care how you were raised, there comes a time, especially when married, to separate and form your own identity. but maybe she wanted to be able to blame her parents for all her mistakes in the end. seems easier than being responsible. but ironically, we all are responsible.

15. Asguard Kiss my dark side Valued Senior Member

my inlaws are ok

Please Register or Log in to view the hidden image!

my sister in laws (on both sides, ie my brothers wife and my partners sister) drive me up the wall though

16. jpappl Valued Senior Member

I completely agree. In the end it's the daughters fault, she had ample opportunity to take a stand, but she didn't.

The ironic thing to me was always that the mother and daughter spend so much time talking about god and children etc etc but when push came to shove all they cared about was themselves and making sure they had a good standing with the chuch. They never thought about what was important for the kids.

17. Lori_7 Go to church? I am the church! Registered Senior Member

ah religion...why i'm such a fan. NOT.

18. jpappl Valued Senior Member

LOL. Yes well I caught a glimpse of a strange world in which the title (Mormon) was more important then everything in the f8cking book of Mormon itself.

19. Asguard Kiss my dark side Valued Senior Member

question for you, you knew your wife was a mormon before you married her im betting. Why did you marry her if it was such a problem for you?

20. jpappl Valued Senior Member

You missed a part of the story. This is my sister in law not my wife, my wife rejected Mormonism a long time ago. Her sister is still a Mormon without the second m, she married a mormon guy who after opting out of the church became an unwelcome guest to her and her mother.

One of the things that my wife and I worked out real early was that I was never going to church or any kind and that if she decided to go back to being a mormon then we might need to go separate ways.

It's not because I wouldn't want to be with her even if she was a mormon, but I wouldn't want to have kids that might end up getting brainwashed by the church. For example, I die after the kids are born.

Over the years before we got married and had kids I learned to trust that would not happen. IOW, she was fully cured. LOL.

21. Asguard Kiss my dark side Valued Senior Member

oh, ops, sorry. I would never be with a mormon or JW because i would never sit there watching them die knowing that a simple blood transfusion would save there life. No way, would walk away the second they refused.

Note for you. If her family is mormon and she isnt make sure you have a clear medical power of attorney over her (not just the fact your her spouse, get her to actually fill out the document). Its happened before that there have been arguments bedside by a family and the partner over someone whos in a critical condition after a car acident because the docs want to give a blood transfusion (as did the partner in the case i was reading) but the family didnt want her to have one. The couple had just had a fight and she had gone to say at her families for a couple of days to calm down and they were claiming that she had converted back and that she didnt want it ect ect

22. Killjoy Propelling The Farce!! Valued Senior Member

Leave your saintly old mother in law alone, you great 'orrible meanie !

23. Varda The Bug Lady Valued Senior Member

Ah come on Geoff. Do you have any idea of how much work goes into preparing a meal? And all you have to do is get off your ass and take it to the dining room and eat it?
    I get seriously pissed when I spend 3 hours in the kitchen making something delicious and then people can't be bothered to come fucking eat it while it's hot.

Makes me want to put a dick on the plate next time, for real.