12-25-09, 01:15 AM #1
The Paul is Dead Conspiracy Theory
Conspiracy theorists say that Ringo Starr is the sole surviving Beatle, and that Paul McCartney died decades ago, killed in a car accident and replaced by a lookalike. Supposedly, various Beatles songs, played either backward or forward, give hints to the conspiracy. Yet another conspiracy theory states that Paul isn't dead, but that the Beatles started the rumor themselves as a prank that they've been perpetuating ever since.
A common story for the alleged death is that on Wednesday, 9 November 1966 at 5 am, McCartney, while working on the Sgt. Pepper's Lonely Hearts Club Band album, stormed out of a recording session after an argument with the other Beatles and rode off in his Austin-Healey which he subsequently crashed into a lamp post, and died.
That story was pieced together from the lyrics of multiple Beatles songs:
1. "He didn't notice that the lights had changed" ("A Day in the Life").
2. He then crashed into a lamp-post (a car crash sound is heard in "Revolution 9" and "A Day in the Life").
3. He was pronounced dead on a "Wednesday morning at 5 o'clock as the day begins" ("She's Leaving Home")
4. Nobody found this out because the news was withheld: "Wednesday morning papers didn't come" ("Lady Madonna").
5. A funeral procession was held days later, as was supposedly implied on the Abbey Road album cover by the Beatles' clothing. (John Lennon dressed all in white, like a clergyman. Ringo Starr wore a black suit, like an undertaker, Paul McCartney wore a blue suit without shoes, as, supposedly, a corpse would, and walked out of step with the other Beatles, and George Harrison dressed in blue jeans, symbolizing a gravedigger).
By Cazzo in forum PoliticsLast Post: 10-03-08, 03:47 PMReplies: 4
By lucifers angel in forum Art & CultureLast Post: 01-18-08, 12:05 PMReplies: 9
By ashura in forum PoliticsLast Post: 12-17-07, 11:45 AMReplies: 0
By James R in forum World EventsLast Post: 09-23-07, 12:50 PMReplies: 201