Thread: Sicker than a Dog

I Am Death Destroyer of Worlds Grim_Reaper's Avatar

Sicker than a Dog

Just come from a rather simulating Video Conference/Employee meeting. And when I asked one person how they were doing they said they were great but their son was sicker then a dog. Where did that saying come from and why a dog. Most dogs I know save my Grey hound who has Bone cancer are relatively health animals. Just and observance is all.

I guess the same place "sweating like a pig" came from.

Send Fraggle Rocker a PM, and ask him to pay this thread a visit. Nobody is better at getting answers to these types of questions than him.

~String

Quote Originally Posted by CutsieMarie89 View Post
    I guess the same place "sweating like a pig" came from.
    I suppose so and you know I have never really seen a pig sweat. I come from a faming background and we had pigs at times and I never seen one sweat.

Quote Originally Posted by Grim_Reaper View Post
    I suppose so and you know I have never really seen a pig sweat. I come from a faming background and we had pigs at times and I never seen one sweat.
    Pigs don't sweat.
    I think that was her point.

Quote Originally Posted by one_raven View Post
    Pigs don't sweat.
    I think that was her point.
    Not to come across as a prick or anything I know that. So where did the saying come from then. Why would we use that expression when we are sweating profusely. I would think that we would use it when we dont sweat.