Legs of Cannock Chase Werewolves are Modified Sex Organs?

Discussion in 'Pseudoscience Archive' started by common_sense_seeker, Oct 10, 2009.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. common_sense_seeker Bicho Voador & Bicho Sugador Valued Senior Member

Strange but true, according to a new idea on the evolution of ocean going rays. (It sounds crazy I know). Robotic models show how the lifting body shape of the ray means it can fly through water Robotic Ray Swims in Water as well as air Robotic Ray Flies in Air. It this occurred in reality, then the claspers used by male rays (and sharks) in their mating are the obvious and logical choice for the ability to perch on a branch like the birds. The alternative would be modified pelvic fins, existing in both females and males. Extraordinary as it may seem, if these modified organs could clasp, could they not begin to walk?? Could an evolved (hypothetical) species of flying ray have favoured land running at night before entering it's nearby large body of water to hunt along the bottom. In this unique case, then it could explain the strange eye-witness accounts of the creatures standing up and running away on their hind legs.

(Quote from: Nick Redfern's Do Werewolves Roam The Woods Of England?)

Have I gone mad? :shrug:

Prediction: A rays' claspers turn from white to black as a prominent show of their sexual intent. (Eye-witness accounts of cornish owlman describe large black pincers).

2. Google AdSense Guest Advertisement

to hide all adverts.
  3. Enmos Valued Senior Member

Yes.
    Can I ask what age you are?

4. Google AdSense Guest Advertisement

to hide all adverts.
  5. phlogistician Banned Banned

From the article quoted "I was armed with a .38". Oh yeah, really? By 1970, the Enfield .38 had been replaced by the 9mm Browning Hi Power. Enfield .38s had officially been retired in 1963.

That stuck out like a sore thumb in the details. Do you never verify any facts before posting?

6. Google AdSense Guest Advertisement

to hide all adverts.
  7. Orleander OH JOY!!!! Valued Senior Member

so when a gun is retired they round up and take all the ones that people already have? :shrug:

8. AlphaNumeric Fully ionized Registered Senior Member

He's making wild claims about an area of biology he has no clue about and his evidence is a bloody werewolf encounter! I'd say its pretty damn obvious he doesn't verify any facts before posting whatever ill conceived incoherent mumbo jumbo has come into his head today. Last month it was all about the fractal gravity and ice ages, now its all about evolutionary biology. Next month he'll be 'solving' the fundamental questions of quantum chemistry, sociology and knitting.

Isn't it obvious how CSS's mind works? He can't grasp or master anything so he jumps around topics on the fringe of modern science in the hopes that people will think his random unsupported musings are in some way not the worthless nonsense they are.

9. phlogistician Banned Banned

Duh, yeah, or some regiments would still have muskets, ...

The Enfiled .38 was OLD. It was a flip top design, ammunition was more rare then rocking horse shit.

It was replaced by the Browning Hi Power using 9mm ammunition.

10. Orleander OH JOY!!!! Valued Senior Member

Oh, I didn't realize it was military. My bad

11. common_sense_seeker Bicho Voador & Bicho Sugador Valued Senior Member

Officially, then. Of course it's been verified, Nick Redfern represents the Center for Fortean Cryptozoology (CFZ), the biggest organisation of its kind. Send your protestations to them: CFZ. btw where's your verification? Why would someone make this up anyway? Don't judge everyone else by your own standards.

12. phlogistician Banned Banned

Look it up in a reputable source yourself. I had suspicions about your article because I've used a few military firearms and the timeline doesn't fit. I checked out a few facts and I was right. Now, stop reposting shit without checking your facts.

I'm not going to protest to the CFZ, 'cos it's not them stinking up the place, it's YOU.

Oh, and I will judge people by my standards. MY standards are to verify facts before posting.

Why would someone make this up? Why do people make this crap up? To make money, get attention, because they are liars, like winding people up, or because they suffer from some mental affliction, would be my first guesses.

13. common_sense_seeker Bicho Voador & Bicho Sugador Valued Senior Member

I'll send Nick an email to see if he will give a reply in the forum and confirm the authenticity of the quoted sighting. Happy?

14. AlphaNumeric Fully ionized Registered Senior Member

It's a bloody werewolf encounter! It hasn't been verified any more than other kinds of pseudoscience and mythological claims. If it were verified it wouldn't be mythology, it'd be fact. It wouldn't be conjecture and stories, it'd be repeated observations, documented and verified by several independent unbiased groups.

And the Catholic Church is the largest organisation of its kind. Can I therefore infer you're a catholic? A lot of people having an opinion doesn't make it true.

Someone telling him the story doesn't make it true. And even if the person recounting the story isn't being dishonest it doesn't mean he saw what he thought he saw. How many people have 'seen something in the shadows' only to get up close and realise its something utterly different? And then of course there are some people who are just plain nuts.

Yes, why would anyone lie or tell fibs or bend the truth? It's like claiming you've got a simple explaination for quantum gravity and then never producing an iota of work or results or anything to back up your big fat mouth. Why would anyone say something like that to get attention?

Well?

Yes, you obviously have different standards than some other people here. Numerous times you've made claims you can't or won't back up. You've postulated 'explainations' for things when you have nothing but 2 or 3 sentences as 'justification'. You make claims about areas of work you know nothing about. You think that because someone can write a website it must be true!

Some of us expect evidence for claims. Extraordinary claims need extraordinary evidence. Encounters with werewolves? 'Simple' explainations for the ice age, quantum gravity and the Pioneer anomaly? Yeah, those are extraordinary. And the evidence? Extraordinarily absent.

I get the feeling the reason you tell us not to judge others by our standards is we have standards.

15. common_sense_seeker Bicho Voador & Bicho Sugador Valued Senior Member

Oh, so Phlog doesn't have to provide a simple link to a reference about his/her firearms claim? Double standards AN.

16. AlphaNumeric Fully ionized Registered Senior Member

Given its a matter of military record what firearms are and aren't provided to soldiers its something which can easily be checked if someone so wishes, it is clear the information is out there. The story in your original post is quite different.

Further more, you are chronic in your claims about things you never ever back up. Would you care to address any of the points I raise or aren't you able to admit you're full of crap?

17. common_sense_seeker Bicho Voador & Bicho Sugador Valued Senior Member

I'm waiting for a reply from CFZ to clarify the reliability of the eye-witness report. What more can I do?

18. AlphaNumeric Fully ionized Registered Senior Member

How about spending some time in other threads justifying your random and grand claims about all these models and ideas like 'New-Newtonian Tidal Theory' or 'Fractal gravity' you keep banding about. Haven't you managed to get past the 'Lets make up a vacuous acronym for an idea which doesn't exist!" stage yet?

19. common_sense_seeker Bicho Voador & Bicho Sugador Valued Senior Member

So a non-mathematical approach to problem solving is 'random' is it? You're getting very predictable.

Edit: The connection with the phenomenon of the "Devil's Footprints" is worth stating and they have just reappeared: Satan's footprints spotted in Devon (Oct 15 2009).

Last edited: Oct 16, 2009
  20. AlphaNumeric Fully ionized Registered Senior Member

I think that when you know nothing about the current theoretical models, don't know any observations or experimental results, deliberately avoid all sources of information which are pitched at a level above the understanding of a layperson and cannot provide anything other than the most tenious link between an effect and a supposed cause then yes, I think it's 'random' because you have no way of weighing up the likelihoods or grasping other possible explainations.

21. common_sense_seeker Bicho Voador & Bicho Sugador Valued Senior Member

The jigsaw fits like a glove. The 'manta-man' runs low on energy flying in a weak wind. On ocassion it will land and follow its route home by use of the earth's magnetic field. Hence the trail of cloven 5 inch pincer marks made by hopping along single-footedly like a kangaroo. Hopefully Prof John Burnside, poet and author of 'The Devil's Footprints' novel will appreciate the work.

22. common_sense_seeker Bicho Voador & Bicho Sugador Valued Senior Member

Here's a copy of emails so far:

23. AlphaNumeric Fully ionized Registered Senior Member

No, you have a completely flimsy explaination you find acceptable but you have no evidence and no reason to think your explaination is any more valid than any other which is at least superficially valid.

What is it with you and emailing people with your baseless opinions and guesses? Rather than badgering other people with your claims why don't you spend your time more constructively by learning some area of science and then trying to do actual research in it. You have an astronomy degree (or so you claim), why don't you refamiliarise yourself with it and try to come up with a bit more than vacuous acronyms in terms of your claims about solar bulges and orbital precessions? That way you learn something and you stop harassing people who've been willing to do the work you haven't.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.