The dangers of Time Warp

Discussion in 'Pseudoscience Archive' started by DRZion, Sep 29, 2009.

1. DRZion Theoretical Experimentalist Valued Senior Member

What would the societal effects of a 'time warp' device be? Such a device could speed up time for a certain volume of space.

Without a doubt such devices would be highly regulated - perhaps more so than atomic energy.

A population left within such a time warp may harbor pathogens that would evolve and could cause a major plague outside of the warp.

2. Google AdSense Guest Advertisement

to hide all adverts.
  3. Pinwheel Banned Banned

Yes, it would be quite crazy. If such a device could exist I think it could be used to grow food perhaps.

4. Google AdSense Guest Advertisement

to hide all adverts.
  5. Jozen-Bo The Wheel Spinning King!!! Registered Senior Member

Interesting, I am asking myself...did this thread appear just after I posted on the Mind Portal thread...

I can't be certain that this Mind Portal I have discovered warps time objectively, but I can vouch that it does warp one's subjective sense of time (tremendously I add).

Than again, time warp ought to be very possible...remember IT'S RELATIVE. There is no absolute clock governing all things, thus it should be possible, given that the means are there. If....you spin energy in the right formation fast enough...you'll get your time warp so long as there is some sort of life involved, because time without life is meaningless and doesn't exist. You should see my thread, it will give you a lot to consider...

6. Google AdSense Guest Advertisement

to hide all adverts.
  7. Pinwheel Banned Banned

Oh about the dangers, well, falling into a warp and becoming 120 years old accidently is one...

8. BobG Registered Senior Member

You might end up looking like this for a start

Please Register or Log in to view the hidden image!

9. Grim_Reaper I Am Death Destroyer of Worlds Registered Senior Member

Yes Lets do the time warp aaagggaaaaiiinnnn

10. Grim_Reaper I Am Death Destroyer of Worlds Registered Senior Member

It just a jump to the right