Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
Results 21 to 28 of 28

Thread: An exercise in futility

  1. #21
    uniquely dreadful S.A.M.'s Avatar
    Posts
    72,822
    Well clearly we are only allowed to think in a way that conforms to a form of morality that is out of reach to all but the few who are chosen.

  2. #22
    Registered Senior Member
    Posts
    5,590
    Quote Originally Posted by S.A.M. View Post
    Well clearly we are only allowed to think in a way that conforms to a form of morality that is out of reach to all but the few who are chosen.
    Oh, poor you!

    What a victim you are!

    You're just a truth-teller being held back by conformists!

    Here's a thought: Try reading. By that I mean read, carefully, what the definition of trolling is, then shutdown your computer and think about it for awhile. When you log back on, look at your inane post in that thread and try to reach an objective conclusion. It's all there in black and white.

  3. #23
    Quote Originally Posted by countezero View Post
    Oh, poor you!

    What a victim you are!

    You're just a truth-teller being held back by conformists!

    Here's a thought: Try reading. By that I mean read, carefully, what the definition of trolling is, then shutdown your computer and think about it for awhile. When you log back on, look at your inane post in that thread and try to reach an objective conclusion. It's all there in black and white.
    I would suggest you take your own advice.

  4. #24
    Quote Originally Posted by S.A.M. View Post
    Well clearly we are only allowed to think in a way that conforms to a form of morality that is out of reach to all but the few who are chosen.
    I think it is more to do with a 'well duh' argument.

    Do you think the US would turn its own drones on its capital cities to fight in the dreaded war on terror? The obvious answer to that is no.

  5. #25
    uniquely dreadful S.A.M.'s Avatar
    Posts
    72,822
    Quote Originally Posted by Bells View Post
    I think it is more to do with a 'well duh' argument.

    Do you think the US would turn its own drones on its capital cities to fight in the dreaded war on terror? The obvious answer to that is no.
    Why not?

  6. #26
    Quote Originally Posted by S.A.M. View Post
    Why not?
    Because you can't do that!

    Imagine the uproar...

    Then again, they saw fit to burn down the buildings in Waco, knowing there were women and children inside..

    Hmmm..

  7. #27
    uniquely dreadful S.A.M.'s Avatar
    Posts
    72,822
    I can't imagine why there would be an uproar. There is no uproar over sending hundreds of thousands of young Americans to die fighting terrorism in other places. Or any recognition that those lives would have been better spent doing something other than killing terrorists.

    Why wouldn't Americans support a civil action that targeted terrorism as long as it eliminated the same dangers they face from Iraq?

  8. #28
    Quote Originally Posted by Bells
    Do you think the US would turn its own drones on its capital cities to fight in the dreaded war on terror? The obvious answer to that is no.
    Quote Originally Posted by SAM
    Why not?
    Work it out. Thread closed.

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Similar Threads

  1. By visceral_instinct in forum Biology & Genetics
    Last Post: 04-15-09, 06:24 PM
    Replies: 27
  2. By visceral_instinct in forum Biology & Genetics
    Last Post: 11-21-08, 04:53 PM
    Replies: 2
  3. By Mr. Hamtastic in forum Free Thoughts
    Last Post: 10-28-08, 02:05 PM
    Replies: 0
  4. By madanthonywayne in forum Human Science
    Last Post: 11-30-07, 04:36 AM
    Replies: 15
  5. By Pentagon John in forum Free Thoughts
    Last Post: 01-21-06, 07:59 PM
    Replies: 0

Bookmarks

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •