Health Benefits Of GreenTea

Discussion in 'The Cesspool' started by martineargent, Sep 21, 2009.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. martineargent Registered Member

This is the list of benefits of green tea which I’ve found during my research.

1. It is used to treat multiple sclerosis.
    2. It is used for treatment and prevention of cancer.
    3. It is used to stop Alzheimer’s and Parkinson’s diseases.
    4. It is used to raise the metabolism and increase fat oxidation.
    5. It reduces the risk of heart diseases and heart attacks by reducing the risk of trombosis.
    6. It reduces the risk of esophageal cancer.
    7. Drinking green tea inhibits the growth of certain cancer cells, reduces the level of cholesterol in blood, improves the ratio of good cholesterol to bad cholesterol.
    8. It is used to treat rheumatoid arthritis and cardiovascular diseases
    9. It is used to treat impaired immune function. .
    10. Some researches show that, drinking green tea regularly may help prevent tooth decay by killing the bacteria which causes the dental plaque.

2. Guest Guest Advertisement

to hide all adverts.
  3. brokenpower Registered Senior Member

and yet you have nothing cited to support these claims.

4. Guest Guest Advertisement

to hide all adverts.
  5. tuberculatious Banned Banned

it relieves stress.

6. Guest Guest Advertisement

to hide all adverts.
  7. Orleander OH JOY!!!! Valued Senior Member

LOL, I call bullshit!

8. Orleander OH JOY!!!! Valued Senior Member

and dehydration, no different than beer.

9. tuberculatious Banned Banned

the difference is that you are not allowed to drink at work. well at least not here. would be different if it was a german company probably, but it isn't.

10. grazzhoppa yawwn Valued Senior Member

Apparently if you drink hot liquids it increases the risk of esophageal cancer. So your 6th point should be qualified that the green tea must not be "hot" - hot is defined in the article linked above.

11. Carsonp Registered Member

I love green tea but I didn't know that it's that healthy. So I should drink it even more often. I don't drink it hot, I can't stand hot liquids so I let it cool down a bit before I drink.

12. EndLightEnd This too shall pass. Registered Senior Member

I drink arizona green tea that has ginseng and honey in it on a pretty regular basis. Its quite tasty.

13. spidergoat pubic diorama Valued Senior Member

I used to drink it quite a bit, but now I can't take the caffeine.

14. Enmos Valued Senior Member

Alcohol doesn't relieve dehydration, quite the opposite.

15. Enmos Valued Senior Member

I quit caffeine three days ago and I got a headache ever since. This stuff is really addictive.

16. Billy T Use Sugar Cane Alcohol car Fuel Valued Senior Member

One of the great benefits of socialized medicine is the ability to detect small effects that are adverse to health. Hot tea was associated with esophageal cancer more than 30 years ago. Here is where and how:

All English public servants had to spend about 1/2 a day completing a very detailed questioner about their habits. Their health records, from birth to death were (or would be) available and centralized. Unlike the US system where typically your current local doctor may keep them for a few years and in your life you may have a few old ones scatted in 5 different states, but no one can find and assemble them.

One of the interesting things that turned up when that English data was processed was that the Brits who took milk or cream in their tea had essentially standard rate of esophageal cancer but those that did not had significantly elevated rate of esophageal cancer. The cause of this association was not clear. One theory was that the tannic acid in the tea spent its force on the milk/ cream proteins. The other was that the milk/ cream cooled the tea.

Your link does not tell if they take their tea straight or with milk/cream. AFAIK, no one knows which factor causes the association with esophageal cancer. As other hot beverages are drunk, my money is on the tannic acid, not the hot liquid.

The research / early detection / benefits of government medical services / centralized national medical records / from birth to death of almost everyone have enormous value.

For example, if AIDs has started in England, instead of San Francisco, it would have been recognized years earlier, possibly cured or contained before it spread over the entire globe. Do you have any idea how much money that would have saved? Not only does the US have a lower life expectancy than 69 other nations but it pays much more for the poor health care all but the wealthy receive (and their kids are exposed to many who rarely see a doctor)

17. Giambattista sssssssssssssssssssssssss sssss Valued Senior Member

Beer probably does in the short run until the alcohol starts to take it's toll.

You better start up again. Gets rid of headaches.

Please Register or Log in to view the hidden image!

18. Enmos Valued Senior Member

It lasted for four days

Please Register or Log in to view the hidden image!

19. Billy T Use Sugar Cane Alcohol car Fuel Valued Senior Member

Recently I have switched from coffee to green tea for my breakfast "wake up" drink. The dry weight of the leaves is 30% the complex compounds reported to have health benefits. Today, for the first time, at lunch time, I ate some of the soggy tea leaves that had been used for my breakfast cup. Does anyone know reason why this should not be done? Or of any culture where that is common practice?

20. Carcano Valued Senior Member

Yes, Japan and Korea...where some brands grind their green tea leaves to an extremely fine powder.

You can see here how its traditionally mixed with a special bamboo whisk.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=7tt7NBIVeMY

21. Billy T Use Sugar Cane Alcohol car Fuel Valued Senior Member

Thanks. I watched all 9:16 minutes of it. Interestingly it includes cleaning of all tools, but no one drank the tea. I think I will put my tea leaves thru the blender and drink all (tea with tea dust in the water).

22. cosmictraveler Be kind to yourself always. Valued Senior Member

23. nirakar ( i ^ i ) Registered Senior Member

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.