President Barack Obama Ramadan Message

Discussion in 'Religion Archives' started by Michael, Aug 31, 2009.

1. Michael 歌舞伎 Valued Senior Member

President Barack Obama Ramadan Message

On behalf of the American people – including Muslim communities in all fifty states – I want to extend best wishes to Muslims in America and around the world. Ramadan Kareem.

Here are a couple good quotes:

These rituals remind us of the principles that we hold in common, and Islam’s role in advancing justice, progress, tolerance, and the dignity of all human beings.

Beyond America’s borders, we are also committed to keeping our responsibility to build a world that is more peaceful and secure. That is why we are responsibly ending the war in Iraq. That is why we are isolating violent extremists while empowering the people in places like Afghanistan and Pakistan.

Such a contrast to the extreme "With Us or Against Us" from that Twit Bush Jr or I'm-a-dinnerjacket.

See THIS is why America is so great

Please Register or Log in to view the hidden image!

Michael

2. Google AdSense Guest Advertisement

to hide all adverts.
  3. S.A.M. uniquely dreadful Valued Senior Member

More hot air that means zilch. Yeah, we're impressed. Not. Hope the Afghanis who died this week of Ramadan were paying attention.

4. Google AdSense Guest Advertisement

to hide all adverts.
  5. Adstar Valued Senior Member

A man hears what he wants to hear and disregards the rest hummm humm do do do da da....

All Praise The Ancient Of Days

6. Google AdSense Guest Advertisement

to hide all adverts.
  7. mike47 Banned Banned

Obama and his Administration should do the right thing right now and pull out Iraq, Afghanistan and meddling in the affairs of many other nations such as Columbia, Haiti, ......etc .

8. spidergoat pubic diorama Valued Senior Member

Which Afghanis? The article doesn't mention anything specific.

9. S.A.M. uniquely dreadful Valued Senior Member

The article is what Obama should be focusing on, instead of meaningless feel good messages that don't assuage burns from white phosphorus or dead family members. As for which Afghanis, who knows? All we hear from the NWFP is that some people died. My aunt is in Karachi and she said Pakistan is going to shit too. Yeah, Ramadan Mubarak everyone.

10. spidergoat pubic diorama Valued Senior Member

Maybe you were talking about thise Afghans who died from election day Taliban violence? We should leave them alone to deal with these monsters?

11. S.A.M. uniquely dreadful Valued Senior Member

What elections? Its a complete farce. All this talk of Taliban, how do they distinguish them from anguished fathers who come home to find their families and children dead? Everyone but the puppets wants the Americans gone yesterday.

12. Mrs.Lucysnow Valued Senior Member

Yes. They never asked for US support. Its nothing but interference.

13. spidergoat pubic diorama Valued Senior Member

They did ask us, what about all the Afghan refugees who fled to other countries like the US when the Taliban took over? They had to wait until 9/11 for us to help. Should we have "interfered" in Darfur? Should we liberate Tibet? Should we occupy Israel and save the poor Palestinians? If not stop complaining about them.

Last edited: Aug 31, 2009
  14. Mrs.Lucysnow Valued Senior Member

No they didn't ask, we simply went in took the Taliban out and then brought in this pro american guy to be placed as their democratic leader, he isn't even popular with many Afghans. When I complain about the Palestinians and US support of Israel I'm suggesting that the US not help the Israeli's militarily or financially, I am not suggesting sending troops to back the palestinians. When it comes to the Tibetans who's Dalai Lama DID request US help and was denied I use that as an example of how the US isn't really interested in helping the 'good' guys but involve themselves for other reasons and then use their suffering as an excuse of why they should be there. There are refugees from the Congo and many other places including Myanmar but we do not use this as an excuse to 'liberate' any of these nations. We didn't even help the in Rwanda when it was requested by Dalaire who was working for the UN on the ground the US wouldn't touch it. The US keeps their troops out of Darfur as well even though their help has been requested. Why are these less important than that of Afghanistan? Well they are not less important they are simply not strategic.

15. earth Registered Senior Member

Bush: God told me to invade Iraq

According to Bush, God was behind his decison.

the former Palestinian foreign minister Nabil Shaath says Mr Bush told him and Mahmoud Abbas, former prime minister and now Palestinian President: "I'm driven with a mission from God. God would tell me, 'George, go and fight those terrorists in Afghanistan.' And I did, and then God would tell me, 'George go and end the tyranny in Iraq,' and I did."

p.s. Obedience is the key to salvation, right?

Last edited: Aug 31, 2009
  16. spidergoat pubic diorama Valued Senior Member

Just because Bush did it does not make it wrong. Afghan refugees took part in the creation of Afghan's new government, with help from the UN. Millions of Afghans fled the Taliban, and most of them are now able to take part in Democracy (the ones that don't have their fingers chopped off by the Taliban).

17. earth Registered Senior Member

I’m sure Osama bin Laden would say God was telling him to attack America and was behind his decision concerning 9/11.

Constantine converted to Christianity after winning a big battle in the 4th century.

This God everybody talks about is a war monger.

18. spidergoat pubic diorama Valued Senior Member

Anyway, Obama is doing what he should to try and pacify some of this religious based anger.

19. earth Registered Senior Member

Barack Obama is a politician attempting to find middle ground with Islam. This peace endeavor of his is impossible when the driving force (God) wants war.

20. spidergoat pubic diorama Valued Senior Member

Muslims in the US do not want war.

21. earth Registered Senior Member

Christians in the U.S. also do not want war. Who is it thats in charge of things? The major religions in the world say God is.

22. earth Registered Senior Member

That religious based anger you speak of is the consequences of a war mongering God stirring things up.

23. spidergoat pubic diorama Valued Senior Member

Warfare preceeded God. The warfare in sacred texts is mostly a reflection of our own biological territoriality and tribalism. I agree that certain tenets of some religions do not help things, but there is nothing we can do about that.