Most consequential international conspiracies?

Discussion in 'World Events' started by p-brane, Aug 21, 2009.

1. p-brane Registered Senior Member

Hi gang,

Let me begin by saying that I believe that what we learn about world events through the most popular public channels can be taken largely at face value. However, I know there are others here who don't share this point of view.

I invite these people to sound off about what they think are currently the most worrisome conspiracies and why it is that only they (and the conspirators) can see the truth.

2. Google AdSense Guest Advertisement

to hide all adverts.
  3. matthew809 Registered Senior Member

The reason why conspirators can see "the truth" is because we have a general understanding that the universe is just one big conspiracy made up of an infinite bunch of smaller conspiracies - man-made and not.

Everyone's senses and sensibilities are deceptive by nature.

So, for example, here's a rhetorical question for those who believe the official story of 9/11:

In a hypothetical situation where you are given the godly knowledge that 9/11 was an inside job, with all known evidence and known circumstances being the same, how would you attempt to prove this conspiracy to people? Do you think it might be difficult to de-brainwash people and get them to see the same things differently? Can you see how it might be even more difficult than de-brainwashing a fundamentalist religious person?

Now you know how we feel...?

4. Google AdSense Guest Advertisement

to hide all adverts.