Radical Muslim cleric killed in Gaza clashes

Discussion in 'Religion Archives' started by Michael, Aug 16, 2009.

1. Michael 歌舞伎 Valued Senior Member

Radical Muslim cleric killed in Gaza clashes

This is quite interesting to me, and a bit confusing, I don't really understand what's going on.

2. Google AdSense Guest Advertisement

to hide all adverts.
  3. S.A.M. uniquely dreadful Valued Senior Member

Hamas is not amenable to Salafis using Gaza as a background for their extremism.

These clashes are quite common, what is unusual is their being reported in the MSM

An indication that things have changed where media priorities are concerned

http://www.spiegel.de/international/world/0,1518,566740,00.html

4. Google AdSense Guest Advertisement

to hide all adverts.
  5. Michael 歌舞伎 Valued Senior Member

Where are the police? What about the due process?

I mean, isn't there a police force? Courts? Judges?

Will the HAMAS now be charged as criminals? That's what I don't get it.

6. Google AdSense Guest Advertisement

to hide all adverts.
  7. S.A.M. uniquely dreadful Valued Senior Member

Hamas is the government. They were elected remember?

The last batch of cops they trained were killed by the Israelis in January

Last edited: Aug 16, 2009
  8. Michael 歌舞伎 Valued Senior Member

yes, which is why I asked the question.

Without digressing into a thread about Israel, I'm going to assume there are some police somewhere? I mean, this man (although crazy) with a fellow citizen - how can it be legal to bomb his house? It's crazy. Dog eat Dog? Just arrest him and go through due process. I can't believe there are zero judiciary or civil institutions? I mean, even a Mosque and a Cleric dishing out Islamic law would be better than blowing the man up in him home - UNLESS, there is civil war. But, I don't think that's the case here.

It just seems strange and I wouldn't mind a more fuller explanation.

9. Adstar Valued Senior Member

muslims being muslim. That’s what’s going on.

And he was not a "radical muslim cleric" he was simply a bit closer to being a true muslim then those who are with hamas.

This kind of stuff is going on over many parts of the muslim world all the time. The interesting thing is why is the media reporting this particular event?

Slow news day perhaps.

All Praise The Ancient Of Days

10. GeoffP Caput gerat lupinum Valued Senior Member

Do you have something other than a blogspot for that statement? Sorry.

11. Asguard Kiss my dark side Valued Senior Member

Michael, umm due proccess? you mean like destroying 2 whole countries because of one man whos goverment simply asked for proof to the same standed as any other country would before extrodition?

12. Michael 歌舞伎 Valued Senior Member

No Asguard that's completely different. THAT is called spreading freedom. This on the other hand is a clear case of terrorism.

13. swarm Registered Senior Member

OK I find hamas having trouble with islamist extremeists terribly funny. Looks like the learned their enforcement techniques from Isreal too. Ah, the irony.

14. S.A.M. uniquely dreadful Valued Senior Member

Once you blow up the cop stations and destroy the judicial and political infrastructure by kidnapping or killing the leaders, the options become limited.

What do you do when the cops are killed and the courts bombed? When the university and hospitals and schools are destroyed? When your elected officials are kidnapped and put in secret prisons? When you are completely blocked access to any economy, rebuilding, cash to pay people with and transport into and out of your country? What options remain?

The entire news service. Its not a secret that the Israeli adventure in Gaza commenced with missile strikes at two cop stations or that 200 plus cops were killed, including two new batches of graduates who were at the graduating ceremony

Here is the jpost account of it:
    And ynet

By this logic, any cop or solidier who defends his land and people against a foreign military is a terrorist.

What IDF soliers are saying:

http://onlinejournal.com/artman/publish/article_4931.shtml

Note that the Israelis have refused external investigators including Goldstone
    http://www.jpost.com/servlet/Satellite?pagename=JPost/JPArticle/ShowFull&cid=1242212422316

I don't see the comparison. In Israel those who want to create a Jewish state are elected to power.

15. swarm Registered Senior Member

In Palestine those who want to create a Palestine (aka Hamas) state are elected to power.

In Palestine those Islamic extremists who were elected to power are having trouble with even more extreme Islamic extremists who claim Hamas are Jewish "appeasers."

In stead of arresting them, they assassinate them causing massive civilian collateral damage and inciting public opinion against them.

You can't write stuff that funny.

16. mike47 Banned Banned

I think the whole situation of violence between different Palestinian factions is due to power struggle . Unless they clean their acts and put their house in order they will hurt themselves more .

17. MKT Registered Member

All western have a false idea about whats islam mean.
    Obviously this Violence can be explained by the Jealousy of a passionant man of the status of Islamic nation.
    U cant take idea about islam from event like that, because if u do u should change ur view about christian and jews.

18. spidergoat pubic diorama Valued Senior Member

The phrase "radical Muslim cleric" is redundant.

19. swarm Registered Senior Member

Islame means stagnation and oppression by a theidiocy.

20. S.A.M. uniquely dreadful Valued Senior Member

This is a great thread examining Islam and Muslims, inspiring even, keep it up.

Please Register or Log in to view the hidden image!