nosebleeds!!

Discussion in 'Health & Fitness' started by lucifers angel, Aug 4, 2009.

1. lucifers angel same shit, differant day!! Registered Senior Member

My son has been getting nosebleeds he was getting them one maybe two a week but recently he has been getting 7 a day, (no he is not picking his nose, punching hiomself, or even shoving things up his nose)

what could cause nosebleeds and how can i stop these happening? they are not painfull in anyway, just annoying!!

2. Google AdSense Guest Advertisement

to hide all adverts.
  3. Dywyddyr Penguinaciously duckalicious. Valued Senior Member

Anaemia.
    Used to happen to me when I was younger.
    Annoying?
    I'll say, I once missed an entire episode of Batman (the Adam Ward/ Burt West TV series) because of a damned nosebleed...

But get the doc's opinion too.

4. Google AdSense Guest Advertisement

to hide all adverts.
  5. cosmictraveler Be kind to yourself always. Valued Senior Member

Stop punching him!

Please Register or Log in to view the hidden image!

Take him to a doctor and see what they say. :shrug:

6. Google AdSense Guest Advertisement

to hide all adverts.
  7. Asguard Kiss my dark side Valued Senior Member

quite a few things, anemia as was said before. High blood pressure, capilleries very close to the surface (concidering the nose is a high ware area), hot weather (because more blood is pumped to the surface creating a higher pressure in the capilleries near the surface). There are also more malignat reasons for it.

Take him to a quack

8. tuberculatious Banned Banned

does he sniff cocaine?

9. lucifers angel same shit, differant day!! Registered Senior Member

very funny!!

10. lucifers angel same shit, differant day!! Registered Senior Member

i am not punching him!

Please Register or Log in to view the hidden image!

11. tuberculatious Banned Banned

is that funny as in: of course he does, or: of course he doesn't.

I don't know how old he is. Maybe he is one of those teenagers.

12. lucifers angel same shit, differant day!! Registered Senior Member

He's 9, so he's not an annoying teenager,

13. Orleander OH JOY!!!! Valued Senior Member

I got nosebleeds a lot as a child. Our house was too dry apparently which led to my nasal cavities drying out, cracking, bleeding. A humidifier was put in my room and the nosebleeds stopped.

14. lucifers angel same shit, differant day!! Registered Senior Member

hi orle,

i took him to the doctors today, and he needs a small operation to fuse the blood vessels in his nose, until then there isnt a lot the doctors can do, but if they get to heavy and frequent then i should take him to the nearest hospital

15. Orleander OH JOY!!!! Valued Senior Member

so they are going to cauterize his nose? Will it be done in an office or hospital? Did they say why?

16. Cellar_Door Whose Worth's unknown Registered Senior Member

I get nosebleeds pretty frequently. In fact my nose has no regard for the appropriateness of the situation at all. I've had them at drunken parties (and not because I'd been fighting, I might add) during busy periods at work and in lessons at school.

You seem to worry that something's wrong with your son, but when I was younger I'd often have weeks where my nose bled every day. You learn to deal with them and in the vast majority of cases they're harmless. I was told it was because I had a weak blood vessel in the upper part of my nose, which burst under pressure. In fact this release of tension may have even been beneficial.
    Having said that, no-one on this forum is going to be able to perform a proper diagnosis. My dad who, unlike me, had never really suffered from frequent nosebleeds, was hospitalised two years ago when a bleed didn't stop for 24 hours. He lost a fair bit of blood and had to have some of his inner nasal passages cauterized. With this in mind, I would play it safe and take your child to a doctor.

17. tuberculatious Banned Banned

my nephew had a lot of nosebleeds, but it turned out he was always in fights.

18. krokah Registered Senior Member

Nosebleeds happen frequently to people in a dry climate, doesnt matter if its hot or cold. Try humidifying the air in your house. You can do this by buying a humidifer at a drug store, make sure it is a cold mist one, or boiling water in your kitchen. The drug store one would work better if you can afford one. Good luck.

19. lucifers angel same shit, differant day!! Registered Senior Member

it will be done in the ENT department in hospital, he will be kept in over night because of the amount of medications he is already takeing and because the blood vessels in his nose are bigger than what they should be, and that cauterizeing is the one main way to reduce nosebleeds,

like i said they are not painfull they are just annoying for him.

20. pjdude1219 The biscuit has risen Valued Senior Member

I hope it works. I use to get some really bad nose bleeds so i get what your going through.(on one since I bled all over trying to stop it my brother when he walked into our shared bathroom asked who got shot in their)

21. Orleander OH JOY!!!! Valued Senior Member

How long has this been going on?

22. PsychoTropicPuppy Bittersweet life? Valued Senior Member

"A single nosebleed is rarely cause for alarm, but frequent nosebleeds might indicate a more serious problem. If you get nosebleeds more than once a week, you should see your doctor. Most cases of frequent nosebleeds are easily treated. Sometimes blood vessels inside the nose become irritated and don't heal. This happens frequently in teens who have ongoing allergies or frequent colds. A doctor may have a solution if you have this problem.

If your doctor rules out a sinus infection, allergies, or irritated blood vessels, he or she may order other tests to see why you're getting frequent nosebleeds. Rarely, a bleeding disorder could be a possibility, although it's unlikely that a bleeding disorder will first show up as a nosebleed."

Source: http://kidshealth.org/teen/safety/first_aid/nosebleeds.html#

Also a very informative website: http://emedicine.medscape.com/article/764719-overview

23. lucifers angel same shit, differant day!! Registered Senior Member

he has been getting nosebleeds one maybe two a week for about a year but very recently he has been getting them 9 times a day, i just hope it works out for him