opinions:

Discussion in 'Ethics, Morality, & Justice' started by lucifers angel, Aug 1, 2009.

1. lucifers angel same shit, differant day!! Registered Senior Member

I have noticed a lot recently that lots of people who have differant opinions will slate each other for being differant, they are either "backwards, idiots, bigouts, or even wasters"

so what i am asking is, why is it when two or more people are debating resort to childish name calling and slating one anouther for having differant views? Shouldn't everyones opinion be taken into consideration? or is consideration just for the people with the same views and opinions?

2. Google AdSense Guest Advertisement

to hide all adverts.
  3. Sciencelovah Registered Senior Member

What I noticed is, sometimes people resort to name calling (such as "idiots") because the opinion of the said "idiots" are simply idiotic. However, sometimes they do it just because they have lost their argument (and so resort to name calling for last defense)..

4. Google AdSense Guest Advertisement

to hide all adverts.
  5. Baron Max Registered Senior Member

It's pretty much like life, I think ...it's a "Go along to get along" site. If you want to get along with the people here, then you have to go along with their attitudes and feelings and views and opinions.

Baron Max

6. Google AdSense Guest Advertisement

to hide all adverts.
  7. lucifers angel same shit, differant day!! Registered Senior Member

yeah...i noticed that (with some people)

8. Norsefire Salam Shalom Salom Registered Senior Member

I agree LA, especially from the lib'rals. One can't have an appreciation for tradition and culture without being a backwards ignoramus.

9. Dywyddyr Penguinaciously duckalicious. Valued Senior Member

Or making over-generalisations that aren't true?

Please Register or Log in to view the hidden image!

10. Challenger78 Valued Senior Member

Trust me, You have no idea how bad it could be. Other sites are far worse than go along, to get along..

11. Challenger78 Valued Senior Member

Both "sides" (Even though there are a multitude of opinions), can be obtuse.
    E.g. One can't have an appreciation for progress without being deemed a elitist communist hippie.